Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

For those who drive 545, 550, and M5 do you see the

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='194852
Guys on this forum are very, very nice. They won't tell you to your face, but I'm willing to bet you that most of the M5, 545, 550 owners think that they got the "higher" car (which in some aspects is very true in itself). This discussion has been brought up many, many times on many, many forums.

Let's face it, a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Bently, etc. etc buyers buy for prestige, nothing else. Do you really think the 50 year old woman driving a 545 really cares how fast it can go rather than what the badge entails?

As for me, sure I have a little of that "Look at me I'm in a 545 and you're in a 525 attitude" (although it was short lived since the 550 came out) . But I keep it to myself, most of the time. Unless of course, a 525 tries to race me.
Not me.
My 545 is debadged and I don't race other ppl out there.
I bought mine for the fun, the "driving pleasure" and I am paying a high price for it, but it's worth it.
Another E60 would have been better for me, on the financial side, but I wanted the fun. That doesn't mean that you don't have fun in a 520...
[/quote]

Same here....
Old 11-08-2005, 02:27 AM
Senior Members

An E60 is an E60. A 520 or 525 is still a BMW. I'd gladly exchange a honk or wave with you anywhere.

However, I don't appreciate those wannabes who upgrade their badges; thats pure bad taste.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

Originally Posted by Edlee' post='195062' date='Nov 8 2005, 06:27 AM
An E60 is an E60. A 520 or 525 is still a BMW. I'd gladly exchange a honk or wave with you anywhere.

However, I don't appreciate those wannabes who upgrade their badges; thats pure bad taste.
haha....what about people like me with nothing better to do than to downgrade my badge to 525....
did that for fun....but took it off and now its debadged.
Some guy called me dumb though, I dont know if it's from this forum.A black 530i with no sport package (17"rims and aluminium window trims) was beside me and punched the throttle...after I caught up with him rather easily. He asked me at a red light if I was really driving a 545....he thought I had a 525 and changed my rims....and then gave me the :thumbsdown: sign....saying i should proudly show my 545 badge...

I dont care to show how fast my car is. I love the clean looks now without the badge....and like Edlee said, its still a BMW....so who cares....
Old 11-08-2005, 05:38 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

It is true that a BMW is a BMW, and it is true that its indeed a prestige car.

I beleive that the car reflect to much the character of the person who drives it. sometime you see people driving much cheaper japanese cars but you can tell from the rims and the looks of the car that this person likes fast cars.

for me the reason i baught my 545 is purely pleasure and powerful responce once you step on the gaz. the BMW badge is for prestige and the 545 is for speed and kick the a** of the MB drivers

Regards
Old 11-08-2005, 07:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='194776' date='Nov 8 2005, 04:47 AM
Guys on this forum are very, very nice. They won't tell you to your face, but I'm willing to bet you that most of the M5, 545, 550 owners think that they got the "higher" car (which in some aspects is very true in itself). This discussion has been brought up many, many times on many, many forums.

Let's face it, a lot of BMW, Mercedes, Bently, etc. etc buyers buy for prestige, nothing else. Do you really think the 50 year old woman driving a 545 really cares how fast it can go rather than what the badge entails?

As for me, sure I have a little of that "Look at me I'm in a 545 and you're in a 525 attitude" (although it was short lived since the 550 came out) . But I keep it to myself, most of the time. Unless of course, a 525 tries to race me.
So what are you saying? You are not nice

So what would happen if I say "look at me I am in my 523i and it's still worth more than your 545i" Come on an E60 is an E60, some people buy it for prestige. But at least I know member of this forum isn't. We all love our E60 and that's why we surf the web to find out more about it and discussing it with others here.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 e60 Titanium grey Auburn premium Sport 6-speed Logic-7 folding rear seats with ski bag Bi-xenon Cold weather package

In the e39 the steering with the 6 cyl was rack & pinion (better system) and the v8 was recirc. ball.
I don't know about the e60.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='194776' date='Nov 7 2005, 02:47 PM

I don't buy that 545i and 525 atitude, and perhaps I might be alone. In all honesty, when I see a 5 series less than a 545i or 550i, I speed up or slow down to look at the driver for the purpose of "Hey, you have the same taste as I do. Cooool!!"

Amigo525, you don't have to let anybody pass you up unless you're driving like grandma on the far left lane (US roads). If you feel having a 525i is inferior to someone with a 5 series with a bigger engine, it's just in your head. I would concentrate on how much nicer your ride is compared to other cars on the road. The more money you put in a car, the more likely you will experience more stress . . . ding, scratch, stolen, wreck, loan, etc. . . .
Old 11-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='195564

I don't buy that 545i and 525 atitude, and perhaps I might be alone. In all honesty, when I see a 5 series less than a 545i or 550i, I speed up or slow down to look at the driver for the purpose of "Hey, you have the same taste as I do. Cooool!!"

Amigo525, you don't have to let anybody pass you up unless you're driving like grandma on the far left lane (US roads). If you feel having a 525i is inferior to someone with a 5 series with a bigger engine, it's just in your head. I would concentrate on how much nicer your ride is compared to other cars on the road. The more money you put in a car, the more likely you will experience more stress . . . ding, scratch, stolen, wreck, loan, etc. . . .
[/quote]

With all being said, just behave when you see a car with a bigger engine around you. I would never try to race anyone on the road with any car, if you drive fast lead the way (I always like that) if you drive slow just get out of the way.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

I'm not mean, just honest.

BMW is a luxury brand, nobody here can deny that. If people aren't into prestige and only care about how something drives, we'd all be in go-carts. Also, if prestige isn't an issue, we'd all be in a communist society. So for those of you that "don't" understand that mentality, I believe you are living a sheltered life.

I'm not saying that EVERYONE thinks like that, but I do say the majority of people do. So YES, I do believe MOST people will think you have the "LESSER" BMW, especially someone that knows the NAME BRAND WELL, like us enthusaists. The average joe schmo will not know the difference between a 525 or a 545, although some may have the common sense to think that the higher the number, the more expensive the car.

And what logic do you have that your car is worth more than mine? Try to sell your 523i here in the states and see if it's truely "worth" more than mine and vice versa.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' post='195164' date='Nov 8 2005, 11:49 AM
So what are you saying? You are not nice

So what would happen if I say "look at me I am in my 523i and it's still worth more than your 545i" Come on an E60 is an E60, some people buy it for prestige. But at least I know member of this forum isn't. We all love our E60 and that's why we surf the web to find out more about it and discussing it with others here.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='195722' date='Nov 9 2005, 11:56 PM
And what logic do you have that your car is worth more than mine? Try to sell your 523i here in the states and see if it's truely "worth" more than mine and vice versa.
What kind of logic do you have, you are completely lost on what I was trying to tell you.

The logic is, I am paying more for my 523i here than your 545i in the States in monetary terms, that's why I say my car is worth more than yours, I am using numbers okay.

I could get a 545i in Hong Kong, but is not a suitable car here where there's no long stright Highways and lots of stop and go traffic. The gas price is around 1.80USD/L and you need to pay more for registration and license renewal. The 523i will do the job just fine and that's why I brought it because I like the E60.

For the price of a 545i here I can get a M5 in the States simply because we paid more tax. If I were living in the States I could easily afford a 550i so can I say you have a lesser car compare with mine, absolutely not but according to you it is.

The point is that we all like the E60 that's why we are driving one regardless of engine size. So simple

Quick Reply: For those who drive 545, 550, and M5 do you see the