Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Thinking about moving to CA, please advise~!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 02" Porsche Carrera 911

Hi guys, please i'd appreciate your input!

I've been in Scottsdale, AZ for the past 5 years, i can't stand it anymore, too hot, no sea, just tired of it and need a change. My work is all online so i'm not worried about jobs!

i would love to move to San-Diego but i know how expensive it is...here is what i'm looking for

Preferably San Diego area, maybe Malibu, Dana Pointe, those kind of areas, nice clean safe classy areas!!

Im looking to get an apartment or a condo and i want to stay under $900/month i don't care if its a one bedroom! i wanted to do an apartment search but i have no idea what the nice areas are and what the ghetto or semi-ghetto old areas are..i'm looking for NICE!

Any advise, anywhere in Cali, i don't care even LA, anything that is NICE and a place with alot of Culture maybe, close to shopping and cafes' ect...

I really don't know where to look, how do i know what the area is like, how do i know what places are bad and what places are good, i'm sure in San Diego for example i can find a place for this price, but where would it be and would it be old and nasty?

I know my post is a bit confusing and all over the place, but please try to give me some input!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

How about Miami? Heard they've got nice beaches and girls.... ehhehehe

Also, I'm sure some of us folks on the forum could pitch in and give you some 'moving cash' in turn for talking to Tony and get him to refund us.... LOL
Old 08-30-2008, 06:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 Bimmer, Sports Package, Premium Package, Black/Black, Xenon Lights, 20
Model Year: 2005

Your budget is pretty low for San Diego, Malibu or Dana Pointe area... You might wanna try Cerritos, Lakewood or Long Beach area.. They are pretty close to everywhere.. And close to the beaches as well... (Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Sunset Beach, Santa Monica etc....) Good Luck!!!!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: stock non-sport alpine white '04 530i

when you say nice, clean and safe irvine comes to mind
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Under $900 in THOSE areas???? Not too likely, they are a LONG way from Scottsdale prices!
Old 08-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Contributors

i lived in san diego for 8 years and own a couple condos in Mission Valley which is a nice area. they rent for about $1800 each. (2BD 2BA, 1025 sq ft). For $900 you may be able to find a studio in the point loma area which is near beaches. however, your best bet will probably be renting a room or sharing an apartment with one other person. anywhere near the beach for a 1 bedroom is gonna cost $$$. if i could find a place for $900 id move back! i dont even think in santa monica or long beach you can find something nice for 1 person for $900. just my two cents.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Why did you get evicted ? The Castro in 'Frisco might well work for you.........................
Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Members

"Preferably San Diego area, maybe Malibu, Dana Pointe, those kind of areas, nice clean safe classy areas!!"

Sorry, but at that price range you will have no choice.

You want to get away from the heat and be near the ocean? For $900 you'll be in a place where it's horridly hot and many miles from the ocean.

Seriously. Forget it, it doesn't exist.

Re-think your plans. Buy lottery tickets.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Might try craigslist or other apartment sites to see what you can come up with that is in your budget and list the cities as local members can let you know how the area/city is...GL
Old 08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i- Steptronic Trans, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package

I have friends that live out that way in San Diego and in Pasadena area. I can tell you that 900 bucks/month is going to get you nothing. Maybe if you up your budget to about 1300, you might have a chance (albeit very small).

Quick Reply: Thinking about moving to CA, please advise~!