Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

So it took them a year...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

There is NO place safe in Irvine. Now that I got an exhaust I don't know...testing my luck
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

I use to work in Irvine for a couple of years. People get pulled over if you drive a beat up car or look like you don't belong there. They stop you and ask what your business is in the area. Sad to say, but I think the people who live there are paranoid and maybe a little prejudice. The cops are only trying to protect the people who live there. They don't want gangs or trouble makers anywhere near their neighborhoods. If you see a single graffitti on the wall, trust me it will be cleaned up within a couple of hours.

I have a personal incident that I experienced in Irvine years ago. But I don't want to get into it, too lazy and I don't want to change the subject.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Senior Members

It was right at Alton and Culver... Like 5 mins after I got in my car.. Well I have a second pare of red tail lights so I'm good there. I just need to remove the tints and get the car signed off.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ImSort0fABigDeal' post='521963' date='Jan 23 2008, 02:24 PM
for your tail lighjts just switch it out with someone who hasn't smoked theirs...then get the ticket written off and switch it back. Just gotta change your window tint
Great idea.

Then all you have to do is take off the tint on the front windows. You can have tint on the rear windows.

http://www.tintlaws.com/

California Tint Law Enacted: 1999
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

I got pulled over in HB in my teenage years, in my 3-series. It was right off of Main street, believe it or not the cops use to be even worse 10 years ago. I had it slammed with a lot of mods. The cop got me for everything, tint, exhaust, stereo to loud, illegal engine mods, etc. He had me open my hood and just wrote endless tickets. He even broke out a tape measure and measured my fog lights and headlights. He added another two tickets for fog lights below minimum height and headlights below minimum height. I ended up getting a lawyer, cheaper than reversing my mods. My lawyer kept getting extensions on my court date for months, until he knew the cop wasn't going to show up for the court date. And he cleared me of everything, didn't have to change a thing.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Contributors

Yeah my front windows are tinted too. That is why have my front plates on so they don't have a reason to pull me over unless they really want to write me a tint ticket, but i have the lightest shade in the front so the front and back there is a difference. They might not think it's tinted see how long i can go.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Silver/Grey E60

Originally Posted by Ferdie' post='522091' date='Jan 23 2008, 07:27 PM
I use to work in Irvine for a couple of years. People get pulled over if you drive a beat up car or look like you don't belong there. They stop you and ask what your business is in the area. Sad to say, but I think the people who live there are paranoid and maybe a little prejudice. The cops are only trying to protect the people who live there. They don't want gangs or trouble makers anywhere near their neighborhoods. If you see a single graffitti on the wall, trust me it will be cleaned up within a couple of hours.

I have a personal incident that I experienced in Irvine years ago. But I don't want to get into it, too lazy and I don't want to change the subject.
UCI and Irvine PD are the wrost. I went to UCI and would get pulled over all the time. I wish it would happen now since I happen to be a law enforcement officer now! They should stick to getting cats out of trees and leave real law enforcement work to others.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:54 AM
Senior Members

Around here its the cops who drive around breaking most of the laws we all get ticketed for, ie tinted windows...