Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
Look, I apologize if I was extreme. However, it is very personal to me since I am Latino (not Mexican), which means I essentially have to travel to AZ with a passport to verify my legality - seems ludicrous to me. The fact that my wife's parents are from Mexico (citizens now) and my kids will have to produce proof sickens me.
No worries, man... PM inbound
Old 05-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i Jet Black|Black Options: Sport|Premium|Cold Weather|PDC|Nav|Satellite Radio|Active Steering|Convenience Entry Mods: Trinity Side Skirts|Trinity Black Grilles|LCI Tail Lights with Bruce V6|Fog Light Bezel Rings|MTEC V2 Angel Eyes|LED License Plate Lights

Originally Posted by tonymac
I think that being here illegally is, well, illegal and should be dealt with as such.
+1
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530X, Silver Gray, Black Dakota, Premium Package, Cold Package, Park Distance Sensors, Steptronic

Please stick to car talk here and not political commentary about the legalities and the Constitution because the level of stupidity makes me want to click "Sign Out." Learn the facts before you start ranting about how the rights of illegals are going to be trampled on by the Arizona law - rights of illegals is an oxymoron anyway. One of the very few things the Constitution charges the government with is to SECURE THE BORDER, not the right to an abortion, not the right to endless unemployment checks and not the right to foregiveness of your mortgage obligation. Grow up and take it like a man. Terrorists are learning to speak Spanish in order to more easily cross the porous Mexican border for your uninformed information. My final word: Those in Arizona are nowhere near as dumb as you!!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Pioneer530
Please stick to car talk here and not political commentary about the legalities and the Constitution because the level of stupidity makes me want to click "Sign Out." Learn the facts before you start ranting about how the rights of illegals are going to be trampled on by the Arizona law - rights of illegals is an oxymoron anyway. One of the very few things the Constitution charges the government with is to SECURE THE BORDER, not the right to an abortion, not the right to endless unemployment checks and not the right to foregiveness of your mortgage obligation. Grow up and take it like a man. Terrorists are learning to speak Spanish in order to more easily cross the porous Mexican border for your uninformed information. My final word: Those in Arizona are nowhere near as dumb as you!!

This is the off topic forum, so the topic is entirely appropriate here. The point you may be missing is that the discussion really isn't about the rights or otherwise of illegal immigrants. It is simply about the basic human right of people - citizens, or otherwise - to not be subject to discriminatory and arbitrary racial profiling.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

LOL you're funny Vlad, BTW the ONLY charity I give to are children's charities and Disabled American Veterans, because in both cases their lives are affected through no fault of their own.
Dude, I hope you understand that at no point was I taking a shot at you there. Just that there are lots of people - and I don't know who they are specifically, and if I did, I'd not point them out either - that seem to think that as long as they send their 10 bucks every month, they're "saved". I know I'm like that with donations to this forum LOL

Anyway, I've got no business in this thread, so I'll politely decline commenting further LOL
Old 05-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by swajames
This is the off topic forum, so the topic is entirely appropriate here. The point you may be missing is that the discussion really isn't about the rights or otherwise of illegal immigrants. It is simply about the basic human right of people - citizens, or otherwise - to not be subject to discriminatory and arbitrary racial profiling.
+1. If you don't want to hear off topic talk, don't visit the lounge. The car talk is on the other forums here.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Pioneer530
You are correct, ignorant but correct. the constitution does not give you the right to an abortion, nor does it take that right or allow the small minded to inflict their beliefs on others (as our founding fathers said: ?Lighthouses are more helpful then churches.? by Benjamin Franklin) that is why Thomas Jefferson had the foresight to explicitly put in "Separation of church and state".
Here is Mr. Jefferson's take on it:

?The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast?like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.?
by Thomas Jefferson

Who here did you see advocate endless unemployment checks (needed for a limited time) or welfare (useless and needs to be abolished)? As for the mortgages? Not sure about you, but I currently have 3 mortgages on 3 different properties, they all get deducted automatically from my account - yep, no mortgage deadbeat either.
Where in your tiny little brain did you uncover that terrorists are learning Spanish to sneak across the border? In a very Catholic country like Mexico I'd think SOMEONE might take notice to the new "vatos" bowing to Mecca 3 times a day, you think? Also, as I previously stated why would terrorists choose Mexico? There is an established Muslim population (if they need a support network) and a MUCH easier to cross and less scrutinized border to our north (for the geographically challenged - Canada).
Old 05-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Contributors

You are correct, ignorant but correct. the constitution does not give you the right to an abortion, nor does it take that right or allow the small minded to inflict their beliefs on others (as our founding fathers said: ?Lighthouses are more helpful then churches.? by Benjamin Franklin) that is why Thomas Jefferson had the foresight to explicitly put in "Separation of church and state".
Here is Mr. Jefferson's take on it:

?The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast?like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.?
by Thomas Jefferson

Who here did you see advocate endless unemployment checks (needed for a limited time) or welfare (useless and needs to be abolished)? As for the mortgages? Not sure about you, but I currently have 3 mortgages on 3 different properties, they all get deducted automatically from my account - yep, no mortgage deadbeat either.
Where in your tiny little brain did you uncover that terrorists are learning Spanish to sneak across the border? In a very Catholic country like Mexico I'd think SOMEONE might take notice to the new "vatos" bowing to Mecca 3 times a day, you think? Also, as I previously stated why would terrorists choose Mexico? There is an established Muslim population (if they need a support network) and a MUCH easier to cross and less scrutinized border to our north (for the geographically challenged - Canada).

Ok first of all, separation of church and state is not in the Constitution, Bill or Rights or Any other Federally mandated document. It was in a letter that Jefferson wrote.

I dont like Jefferson, I like Hamilton so I could care less what Jefferson rambles on about.

Its really simple, immigration laws are not being enforced and are vastly ignored by hispanics in the border states. They have become so aggressive in some areas they were tearing down the US flag and putting up the Mexican flag. Thats the quality of their loyalty and citizenship to this country that you and I both serve.

Gangs, drugs, illegal labor that doesnt benefit the consumer all takes place with them. You really think that when using illegal labor a company will reduce the cost of their products because their overhead is less? Not a chance, thats just pocketed margins for the owners. The prices dont increase when they use legal labor either, but their profit margins return to a normal condition.

I would like to read the actual law, and i have yet to find the actual wording of it
Old 05-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
Ok first of all, separation of church and state is not in the Constitution, Bill or Rights or Any other Federally mandated document. It was in a letter that Jefferson wrote.

I dont like Jefferson, I like Hamilton so I could care less what Jefferson rambles on about.

Its really simple, immigration laws are not being enforced and are vastly ignored by hispanics in the border states. They have become so aggressive in some areas they were tearing down the US flag and putting up the Mexican flag. Thats the quality of their loyalty and citizenship to this country that you and I both serve.

Gangs, drugs, illegal labor that doesnt benefit the consumer all takes place with them. You really think that when using illegal labor a company will reduce the cost of their products because their overhead is less? Not a chance, thats just pocketed margins for the owners. The prices dont increase when they use legal labor either, but their profit margins return to a normal condition.

I would like to read the actual law, and i have yet to find the actual wording of it

Well first when it comes to our forefathers - my favorite is Andrew Jackson (a real "kick ass ask questions later" type), although yes, Hamilton was cool too.

Not once have I advocated for illegal immigration, I just want to anywhere in the country I served without having to friggin prove I belong - not that hard to figure out. Since I am Latino I am subject to the same BS "reasonable suspicion" as any other Latino, simply because I have a tan.

There is not a business owner in this country that isn't looking for ways to reduce costs and increase profits, no I am not naive enough to believe that cost savings of illegal labor will be passed on to us in the form of cheaper goods. Although, living in California you kind of see it first hand - cheaper produce

I have already said, law and order must prevail.

I also am not sure about all the problems people have with immigrants, the Mexicans are just the Italians, Irish, jews, and Chinese form previous generations - the new comers are always the pariahs. Which is funny, because unless you can truly state what tribe you belong to - you (or your ancestors) are an immigrant, so unless you can say "I am Blackfoot/Cherokee/Navajo" or any other you have no business condemning o fellow immigrants who, the vast majority, came here for the same reasons you or your ancestors did.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

wow what a retard.

Quick Reply: Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?