Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations to Arizona, their Governor, the legislature and the people for having the balls to enforce Federal law and order. I'm sick and tired of Sharpton, La Raza, Villaragosa, SEIU, and other bigots who throw out the race card.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by C5driver
Congratulations to Arizona, their Governor, the legislature and the people for having the balls to enforce Federal law and order. I'm sick and tired of Sharpton, La Raza, Villaragosa, SEIU, and other bigots who throw out the race card.
That's funny, I'm awful tired of goobers who can't see that there's a world outside their front yard

The bigots are the ones that wrote laws targeting a single group. time to take your hood off Bubba
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
From the L. A. Times
1. 40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes.
This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3 of all births in Los Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal, whose births were paid for by taxpayers.
5. Nearly 35% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are living in garages.
7... The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.
8 Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are illegal.
9. 21 radio stations in L. A. are Spanish speaking.
10. In L.. A. County 5.1 million people speak English, 3.9 million speak Spanish.. (There are 10.2 million people in L. A.. County .)

(All 10 of the above facts were published in the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth(and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.
Except they weren't...

http://latimesblogs....ration-sta.html

http://www.snopes.co...ation/taxes.asp

These "facts" are largely little more than recycled (and bogus) chain email fodder.

The bottom line is that no-one supports or condones illegal immigration. There are channels that should be followed to legally obtain rights of residency. Federal laws in this respect ought indeed to be upheld. There are, however, some important caveats. The Arizona laws effectively promote state-sponsored racial profiling. I simply can't accept that this can ever be acceptable, reasonable or conscionable. The second is that this is little more than politicians targeting the very weakest members of society (the poor and the unrepresented) solely to score cheap political capital. Again, I also find this unconscionable.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames
Except they weren't...

http://latimesblogs....ration-sta.html

http://www.snopes.co...ation/taxes.asp

These "facts" are largely little more than recycled (and bogus) chain email fodder.

The bottom line is that no-one supports or condones illegal immigration. There are channels that should be followed to legally obtain rights of residency. Federal laws in this respect ought indeed to be upheld. There are, however, some important caveats. The Arizona laws effectively promote state-sponsored racial profiling. I simply can't accept that this can ever be acceptable, reasonable or conscionable. The second is that this is little more than politicians targeting the very weakest members of society (the poor and the unrepresented) solely to score cheap political capital. Again, I also find this unconscionable.
nice find.....i had seen those posted and some of them seem kind of stretched. didnt look into it. im not trying to aruge for one side or another.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
The bigots are the ones that wrote laws targeting a single group.
Haters come in many colors, bud.

time to take your hood off Bubba
Whoa! Settle down ...no need to make it personal, ok?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:45 PM
Contributors

Old 05-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

so the demagogy is alive and well, I see

Fun to have all these heated debates and shit, but I wish we'd up and do something instead of just running our (in most cases too big to handle) mouths. And I'm not going after anyone on this thread or anything. Just saying that people are really suffering out there while we have yet another thread about. Well, great, now go and donate some money to your favorite charity to cleanse yourself of any guilt and life is peachy again, huh? Fucking disgusting already :thumbsdown:
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Contributors

Look, I apologize if I was extreme. However, it is very personal to me since I am Latino (not Mexican), which means I essentially have to travel to AZ with a passport to verify my legality - seems ludicrous to me. The fact that my wife's parents are from Mexico (citizens now) and my kids will have to produce proof sickens me.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian
so the demagogy is alive and well, I see

Fun to have all these heated debates and shit, but I wish we'd up and do something instead of just running our (in most cases too big to handle) mouths. And I'm not going after anyone on this thread or anything. Just saying that people are really suffering out there while we have yet another thread about. Well, great, now go and donate some money to your favorite charity to cleanse yourself of any guilt and life is peachy again, huh? Fucking disgusting already :thumbsdown:
LOL you're funny Vlad, BTW the ONLY charity I give to are children's charities and Disabled American Veterans, because in both cases their lives are affected through no fault of their own.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

I can't wait to see the upstanding citizens working the fields
Haha! Like that's gonna happen
Attached Thumbnails Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?-jose.jpg  

Quick Reply: Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?