Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
few businesses in the US have unions and its usually only the major companies, so i really dont worry about that in economics.

With the current immigration laws, how do you enforce them without making it seem like racial profiling? its damn impossible and the ACLU is all over border patrol all the time for it

LOL "few businesses"? Where have you been bro? UAW, AFL-CIO, Teachers unions, Teamsters are all HUGE organizations. Ever been to NYC? Most buildings you can;t even work in unless you're union.

Basically what you're saying is we're screwed if we do and screwed if we don't. Any law that focuses on one culture is absolutely profiling. Are they going after Canadians that come here illegally? That is even easier than what the Mexicans have to go through. Or how about all those students that never left, are they targeting them? Nope. This law was put in place simply because the non-Latino population in Arizona is terrified of becoming the minority - plain and simple.

Luckily, there are wiser people elsewhere:
Boycotts
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL "few businesses"? Where have you been bro? UAW, AFL-CIO, Teachers unions, Teamsters are all HUGE organizations. Ever been to NYC? Most buildings you can;t even work in unless you're union.

Basically what you're saying is we're screwed if we do and screwed if we don't. Any law that focuses on one culture is absolutely profiling. Are they going after Canadians that come here illegally? That is even easier than what the Mexicans have to go through. Or how about all those students that never left, are they targeting them? Nope. This law was put in place simply because the non-Latino population in Arizona is terrified of becoming the minority - plain and simple.

Luckily, there are wiser people elsewhere:
Boycotts

I meant nationally, Unionized labor is far less and the number is decreasing

most unions are bought out by the government now anyway

and those people are stupid and are going to sent their local economies in a downward spiral, I think AZ is doing the right thing, but in the most aggressive way. They need to retweak the law and enforce it.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Senior Members

history shows that it's always the people there were here before the other people coming in are bitching.

British complaining about the Irish, Irish complaining about the Polish, Polish complaining about the Chinese, Chinese complaining about .. well the chinise seem to have been here forever... you see where I'm going with this.

So now it's the Mexican's turn... Tag you're it, it won't last... soon the Mexicans will complain about the Indians (from India)
Old 05-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter
history shows that it's always the people there were here before the other people coming in are bitching.

British complaining about the Irish, Irish complaining about the Polish, Polish complaining about the Chinese, Chinese complaining about .. well the chinise seem to have been here forever... you see where I'm going with this.

So now it's the Mexican's turn... Tag you're it, it won't last... soon the Mexicans will complain about the Indians (from India)

You're exactly right and that's why I posted post #13
Old 05-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

If your illegal...bye bye! Go through the proper channels, and try again. Case closed.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Members

Originally Posted by gbaty0001
If your illegal...bye bye! Go through the proper channels, and try again. Case closed.
+2 The left always argues that "The End Justifies The Means". I don't agree. The liberals have numerous arguements justifying the violation of laws (i.e. the Mexicans do the dirty work and therefore we need to allow illegal immigrants and should look the other way on enforcing the laws).

We should follow the law. If you do not like the law the elect a representatives who believes what you believe and change the law to your liking.

"Reasonable Suspicion" is required before a stop. Reasonable suspicion is required before asking for documentation. A simple driver's license can be presented so the officer can quickly check it out.

"Reasonable suspicion" is used thousands of time a day throughout America by law enforcement on DUIs, stolen cars, and the like. It is a well established principle in American jurisprudence.

The end does not justify the means.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GregBrand
+2 The left always argues that "The End Justifies The Means". I don't agree. The liberals have numerous arguements justifying the violation of laws (i.e. the Mexicans do the dirty work and therefore we need to allow illegal immigrants and should look the other way on enforcing the laws).

We should follow the law. If you do not like the law the elect a representatives who believes what you believe and change the law to your liking.

"Reasonable Suspicion" is required before a stop. Reasonable suspicion is required before asking for documentation. A simple driver's license can be presented so the officer can quickly check it out.

"Reasonable suspicion" is used thousands of time a day throughout America by law enforcement on DUIs, stolen cars, and the like. It is a well established principle in American jurisprudence.

The end does not justify the means.
"The left" Greg? Please step back into reality, the real world awaits you Wasn't it Bushie Jr, that was pushing for amnesty just a couple of years ago? Didn't his father do the same?

You are truly blinded by you complete lack any reality based views aren't you. With the law as it is "reasonable suspicion" means they LOOK Mexican - which by definition is racist, even Stevie Wonder can see that. When the find an illegal Swede I will gladly reverse my position and agree with you, until then - it's unconstitutional, sorry.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i Black/ Smoked LED side markers/ CF kidney Grille/ Shadowline Trim/Miro 346 V2/General Exclaim 19"/CF Badges/H&R Sport Springs/ Koni FSD shocks/struts/R1 Concepts Drilled & Slotted Rotors/ Hawk Pads/ Mtec V2 lights/

So do you have a problem with illegal immigrants, or just they way they are pursued...? I mean if you like your taxes and other resources? to continue to be used for one problem then by all means feel offended, but if you would like to stop this and focus on ...i don?t know fixing "our" country, and protecting it from people who would try and blow you up in time square... then let the law enforcement do their jobs and lets stop taking up on the part of criminals.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
"The left" Greg? Please step back into reality, the real world awaits you Wasn't it Bushie Jr, that was pushing for amnesty just a couple of years ago? Didn't his father do the same?

You are truly blinded by you complete lack any reality based views aren't you. With the law as it is "reasonable suspicion" means they LOOK Mexican - which by definition is racist, even Stevie Wonder can see that. When the find an illegal Swede I will gladly reverse my position and agree with you, until then - it's unconstitutional, sorry.

hes correct though about reasonable suspicion, it is a long established means for officers to conduct search and arrests. Im curious to hear what you think about that?
Old 05-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
hes correct though about reasonable suspicion, it is a long established means for officers to conduct search and arrests. Im curious to hear what you think about that?

He's absolutely correct that "reasonable suspicion" has many legal precedence. However, as I said (I never disputed the legality of it), in this case will reasonable suspicion mean you Eric? Will it mean some tall blonde Swede? No, let's not be delusional here, it is aimed squarely at one group of people - a group I could be considered part of since I am Hispanic. So it would be okay for me to be arrested until I could prove my citizenship? That seems fair to you?

Quick Reply: Seriously, how dumb are they in AZ?