Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage: BMW Haters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1086811' date='Jan 8 2010, 05:01 PM
I thought he ment that "BMWS are not that expensive". Hence why the road rage if they are cheaper then a new Camry XLE/Accord? Like all I am trying to say is that you can find BMW 3 series 06-07 for around $19k or buy a Camry XLE new for $23k. People will think the BMW cost way more then that Camry XLE. "Oh you have a BMW?". idk
Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1086748' date='Jan 8 2010, 12:22 PM
You can get a used 3 series 06-07 NON CPO for around $19k. Which is not much these days.
Till the AC fan goes out! Haha 4x as much as a fusion AC fan
Old 01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1084862
I know what you mean, I was going to make a U-Turn today at an intersection, this guy pulling out of a plaza turns right so I let him go...whatever..then as I start letting off the clutch to go this minivan GUNS it to block my way...I slam on my brakes and I have to stop in the middle of a major street because this idiot doesn't know how to drive, honk my horn the entire time...unbelievable these drivers.
You both are stupid and inexperienced high school drivers, who think they are "all that" because they got their license, and have a new sense of freedom, etc. Believe me, I was there, I'm in college, and I know what you are thinking. I've gone through my "I'm king of the road" phase, and occasionally not let tailgaters pass, but I was always safe about it. I've heard of stories where people get out of their cars and kill the person beind them or wherever because they flipped the driver off in front, or because they honked their horn at the driver in front.

Originally Posted by GregBrand' post='1084920
Ok first off this was ment to be a joke. I saw a thread similar to this on bimmerforums and people were talking about having guns in there cars and knifes and .
The only story here that was true was the nj one abouthe minivan.
It's not something you joke about. See above about weapons. Even if it is a joke, the way you talk and defend your 'actions' doesn't make it sound like a joke and makes it sound like you actually drive like this.

Originally Posted by melimel' post='1085270' date='Jan 6 2010, 09:15 AM
REALLY?
honestly i dont know why you let all 3 of these instances piss you off.. if someone comes behind me and im going that fast?- i would either stay consistent, or ill get over and let them pass.. (could be many reasons-someones ill, someones in hospital, etc) why should you care and get pissed off, play dirty and slow down to 20mph and then block both lanes, dude thats a little dangerous on the n.j turnpike.
my days of riding tails are soo over, because the last thing i want to do is have them stop short, then i fu*k up MY BUMPER! soo not worth it..
honestly i dont know why you let people piss you off so much AND i dont know why you bother to "stick" it back to them.. is it worth it------REALLY?
Word.

And don't pull any of this "I'm sorry I offended you" shit, I wasn't offended, I was just annoyed when I read this.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Members

There is a simple passive/effective method of removing people from tailgating your rear.... just give you windscreen a good clean and they cop all the crap right in the face. If that doesn't move them (and you haven't been overtly aggressive) then do it again. They soon move on. Everything else I just ignore...
Old 01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
Contributors

Man I'm so glad I'm not the black sheep of the forum anymore!
Old 01-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Gray / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Dakota Black Leather / Options: Navigation, SAT Radio, Bluetooth, IPOD adapter Sprint Booster VMR Rims V710 19x9.5 ET45 Hyper Silver (rear) VMR Rims V710 19x8.5 ET35 Hyper Silver (front) Tires: General Exclaim 275/30/19 (rear) Tires: General Exclaim 245/35/19 (front) BMW Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors BMW M-tech Complete Body Kit w/LCI & no PDC Hamann Splitter Vorsteiner Decklid Spoiler BMW M5 E60 BMW Black Grills E60 BMW Shadow Trim BMW Carbon Fiber Roundells - E60 Angel Eyes (GP Thunder Bulb H8 8500K)

This is always an interesting subject... Yes, it is somewhat stressful when someone is tailgating and I think it?s human nature to want to respond with a reciprocal negative reaction (brakes, speed, craziness, etc...). A couple times recently I tried something different. I simply turned on my blinker, pulled over for a second, let them buy, and then continued on my way. The stress was immediately diffused. It's especially gratifying when you know you have a much more capable machine and you could have responded in an aggressive manner.

Now, having said that, you might think I'm a lame duck BMW driver... Not the case! The Eastern Washington country roads routinely catch a glimmer of a platinum grey machine flying by at exhilarating speeds!
Old 01-09-2010, 02:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1087054' date='Jan 9 2010, 05:09 PM

Nice looking ride Sorry this has nothing to do with the topic
Old 01-09-2010, 05:33 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by BMW530ifan' post='1087025' date='Jan 8 2010, 11:48 PM
You both are stupid and inexperienced high school drivers, who think they are "all that" because they got their license, and have a new sense of freedom, etc. Believe me, I was there, I'm in college, and I know what you are thinking. I've gone through my "I'm king of the road" phase, and occasionally not let tailgaters pass, but I was always safe about it. I've heard of stories where people get out of their cars and kill the person beind them or wherever because they flipped the driver off in front, or because they honked their horn at the driver in front.
You don't know me. Please read my entire post and you will find I am a rather defensive driver.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='1087054' date='Jan 9 2010, 07:09 AM
But you're still up on the list.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1087138' date='Jan 9 2010, 06:33 AM
You don't know me. Please read my entire post and you will find I am a rather defensive driver.
You wanted me to read your first post in this thread? Because I read it, and still was not convinced that you are a defensive driver, with the way you made "the U-Turn fly past him gunning it in 1st and 2nd gear and flick him off." Then on another occasion, you are "so pissed," you "just dump the clutch a FLY out of there in 1st rocking out the tires." Sounds very defensive to me. I realize there are some very stupid drivers, hell I'm pretty sure I live in the city with the most red light runners in the world, but that is not necessarily the way to act on the road.

And no I don't know you, I'm sure you are a swell guy, and lots of people on here seem to like you, I was just pointing out my observations and opinions.

Quick Reply: Road Rage: BMW Haters?