Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage: BMW Haters?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1087315
No way, I actually want to DRINK the Smoothie, not have it thrown at some angry dude.
i'll have you know I just bought a smoothie and drank the entire thing.

it is too cold out to roll the window down and carry on tradition.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by aretardedorange' post='1084862' date='Jan 5 2010, 08:24 PM
How can you not excuse any of those drivers? Last time I checked it was 3 not 4.

The minivan driver had no right to tailgate me at 95 MPH when he could have gone around me or simply flashed his lights I would have moved over. The 4runner driver could have waited to yield. No cars behind me why should I slow down and let him merge? When he was already driving slow?
If you were in the PASSING lane, you should have moved over to the slower lane, no matter if you were doing 95 or 195. This is what they do in Germany and this is why they have such low mortality rates even though they go twice as fast as in the USA. It's just common courtesy and not doing that gives all the BMW drivers a bad name.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1089346' date='Jan 12 2010, 07:37 PM
If you were in the PASSING lane, you should have moved over to the slower lane, no matter if you were doing 95 or 195. This is what they do in Germany and this is why they have such low mortality rates even though they go twice as fast as in the USA. It's just common courtesy and not doing that gives all the BMW drivers a bad name.
Sorry OP, I have to agree.... passing lane is for passing.....

When I drive on the highway I overtake on the left, merge to the right, and then pass on the left again when the time comes. If everyone followed this system there would be less crashes and less of what I like to call "cluster-f*cks" (a cluster of idiots on a road that blocks every lane). Not saying your like this, but IMO people who hog the left lane because they think "I'm going fast enough, why should other people go faster than me" are idiots because there will always be someone faster than you. Why should you care? Just let them pass and let them get the ticket.....in this situation flash to pass works wonders though
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by CWS530' post='1087651
i'll have you know I just bought a smoothie and drank the entire thing.
I'm very proud of you Craig.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1089358' date='Jan 12 2010, 07:53 PM
Sorry OP, I have to agree.... passing lane is for passing.....

When I drive on the highway I overtake on the left, merge to the right, and then pass on the left again when the time comes. If everyone followed this system there would be less crashes and less of what I like to call "cluster-f*cks" (a cluster of idiots on a road that blocks every lane). Not saying your like this, but IMO people who hog the left lane because they think "I'm going fast enough, why should other people go faster than me" are idiots because there will always be someone faster than you. Why should you care? Just let them pass and let them get the ticket.....in this situation flash to pass works wonders though
It is actually a law. regardless of what speed you are traveling, you need to move to the right for faster moving traffic in the left lane, even if they are breaking the law and speeding
Old 01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1089370' date='Jan 12 2010, 08:14 PM
It is actually a law. regardless of what speed you are traveling, you need to move to the right for faster moving traffic in the left lane, even if they are breaking the law and speeding
Well there you go
Old 01-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1089370' date='Jan 12 2010, 08:14 PM

I thought in FL it was illegal to drive solely in the left lane. You could use it to pass vehicles for a short stretch but ultimately had to merge back.

Craig: Don't you remember a few years ago seeing a story about cops pulling people over on Courtney Campbell Causeway for this...?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White BMW 535i xDrive
Arrow

The shit I have to deal with in New York City is outrageous. I have hondas, toyotas, ricer cars minivans, SUVs (btw they all need to go fly a kite) trys to tailgate, side swipe and many other crazy shit New Yorkers do to get your attention. Sometimes they try to get close to my car or try to block me in the highway or regular street on a two way and then watch you manuever your way out of that from 0 to 60 in 5 seconds. Forget about it, its only been 9 months I had this car and I never knew it would attract this much attention. Never with my previous cars.

This past weekend I was entering the williamsburg bridge and there I saw a 328i slamming his brakes while making the sharp turn to enter the bridge, I just floored it and took off, i slowed down so he can catch up and then I floored it again on the bridge. Kid was puerto rican cause he had puerto rican flag on his rear view mirror (skinny lil kid) . So the whole way down the bridge he tailgated me. Twin turbo baby! ( I know that was stupid of me but, I just couldnt help it and I was in no way trying to race him, just trying to get in to the city quick for a haircut lol)

My remedy = SLAM on the brakes, slap the gear to steptronic and speed off

Sometimes I think these car owners (non-bmw) always trying to see how far you would go. Try to push you to the limit or see how fast that e60 takes off and watch you fly away through their windshield.

BTW, I need quad exhausts!
Attached Thumbnails Road Rage: BMW Haters?-bmw.jpg