Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL, no one wants to fight me either Skele, and I'm actually a little smaller than you
Overall, I try to avoid things as much as possible, since it makes the wife VERY nervous.
Last time we chilled in So Cal, looked to me like a lot of those 280 lbs were muscle. If I were inclined to a fist fight (which is like never) it sure as he'll wouldn't be with you John.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL, no one wants to fight me either Skele, and I'm actually a little smaller than you
Overall, I try to avoid things as much as possible, since it makes the wife VERY nervous.
Hahahaa for sure. Uve probably got less body fat than me tho. Im in my best shape when im 260-275 depending on if and how hard im training
My ex wife killed me with junk food. And my new girl is absolutely gorgeous so i better get my shit together
Old 05-23-2011, 08:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Carbon Black

i've never road raged - in fact, i don't think i've ever even given anybody the finger while driving, but i think that's cause i've found that waving at people and smiling when they are pissed has made them even angrier. when i'm driving, i'm usually the most courteous dude out there - i don't cut people off, i let anybody in when they turn on their blinker, etc. etc. However, it always has, and always will continue to bother me when people drive like assholes and expect everybody else to just get out of their way. i usually end up figuring out ways to irritate them further, which probably isn't the safest thing to do in the world, but if the dude got so angry that he was going to get out the baseball bat... well, that's why i don't pull over for them on the freeway

then again, i haven't seen any real instances of raging on the autobahn. i think being able to drive as fast as you want to is a great stress-reliever for those kinds of super tightly wound people.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841
haha- thanks brother. I do pretty well for myself, so me being tightly wound isnt sexual frustration! I am just crazy. I was born this way! It is the mixture of being a genetic predisposition to being short fused, being a new yorker, being large, and being a former Army NCO. But I am a lover, not a fighter... as long as you dont cross my path i'll kill you with smiles and humor!
When you let you temper get the best of you, the other guy has won. People get outraged at me all the time given what I do for a living. Most satisfying thing to me is having my opponent blow his stack -- and me not reacting at all. Nothing is a bigger slap back at an aggressor than that.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Originally Posted by usmabmass
then again, i haven't seen any real instances of raging on the autobahn. i think being able to drive as fast as you want to is a great stress-reliever for those kinds of super tightly wound people.
this is what we should have in america
Old 05-23-2011, 09:17 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skelevirus
this is what we should have in america
that's my wet dream. most of the roads can definitely handle it - every time i visit home in maryland, i always tell myself out loud that i have to be careful, because i know people are watching, but then EVERY time the left lane was clear i would find myself at 100mph without even realizing it. the problem is the system of driving in the states - everybody can be in every lane around where i'm from, compared to the very strict "right lane cruise, left lane passing ONLY" system in Germany. then again, i don't think that most high population areas could even handle a system like that.

i do hope someone comes along and figures out how to make it work.. because life would be so much better (in my humble opinion )
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Contributors

that's my wet dream. most of the roads can definitely handle it - every time i visit home in maryland, i always tell myself out loud that i have to be careful, because i know people are watching, but then EVERY time the left lane was clear i would find myself at 100mph without even realizing it. the problem is the system of driving in the states - everybody can be in every lane around where i'm from, compared to the very strict "right lane cruise, left lane passing ONLY" system in Germany. then again, i don't think that most high population areas could even handle a system like that.

i do hope someone comes along and figures out how to make it work.. because life would be so much better (in my humble opinion )
Its like roundabouts too. Theyre safer, dont start and stop traffic, and keep the roads flowing. But "they" feel americans are too retarded to figure out how to use them. Its a shame that everything is designed around the people with the lowest IQ and not the rest of us..
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
When you let you temper get the best of you, the other guy has won. People get outraged at me all the time given what I do for a living. Most satisfying thing to me is having my opponent blow his stack -- and me not reacting at all. Nothing is a bigger slap back at an aggressor than that.
A good example of not really having a choice is my upstairs neighbors, who I presume are elephents with tap shoes glued to their feet, bang and bang and bang from 6 AM to 11 PM. Every day. I have filed complaints, but anyone who knows anything about apartment complexes know that management cant really do anything about it other than send out a letter. I threw a shoe at the ceiling once and they filed a complaint on me. So finally I did it again on Saturday (keep in mind, i live with constant banging. I have had friends think it is thunder, and it scares my dog). The guy comes out on his patio saying he is going to kick my ass if I bang again, to which I retalitated with some expetives that I wont repeat on here, I hear his gf/wife tell him to "get inside now". I have since found out that these people are scared to walk their dog, so they go out a different exit (they know who I am, I have never even seen them to my knowledge).

In my case, they win, just by living above me. My retaliation to his threat was enough to scare them and now they go out of their way to avoid me, which kind of equals it out.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841
A good example of not really having a choice is my upstairs neighbors, who I presume are elephents with tap shoes glued to their feet, bang and bang and bang from 6 AM to 11 PM. Every day. I have filed complaints, but anyone who knows anything about apartment complexes know that management cant really do anything about it other than send out a letter. I threw a shoe at the ceiling once and they filed a complaint on me. So finally I did it again on Saturday (keep in mind, i live with constant banging. I have had friends think it is thunder, and it scares my dog). The guy comes out on his patio saying he is going to kick my ass if I bang again, to which I retalitated with some expetives that I wont repeat on here, I hear his gf/wife tell him to "get inside now". I have since found out that these people are scared to walk their dog, so they go out a different exit (they know who I am, I have never even seen them to my knowledge).

In my case, they win, just by living above me. My retaliation to his threat was enough to scare them and now they go out of their way to avoid me, which kind of equals it out.
that's good. if people decided not to stand up for themselves or what's right, those who are being obnoxious or bullying or whatever will just keep getting worse and it'll become normal. if you didn't react to his threat the way you did, then who knows? pretty soon you start seeing their cigarette butts and trash all over your patio, or they invite their elephant friends for more tap dancing parties all through the night.

i don't know. i can see some nobility in "just walking away" or ignoring it, but there always has to be a limit. people prey on those they consider weaker, just like any animal, and others have to go and set it right.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Contributors

that's good. if people decided not to stand up for themselves or what's right, those who are being obnoxious or bullying or whatever will just keep getting worse and it'll become normal. if you didn't react to his threat the way you did, then who knows? pretty soon you start seeing their cigarette butts and trash all over your patio, or they invite their elephant friends for more tap dancing parties all through the night.

i don't know. i can see some nobility in "just walking away" or ignoring it, but there always has to be a limit. people prey on those they consider weaker, just like any animal, and others have to go and set it right.
I agree. I guess in a car it is easier to drive away and never see them again. When it is where I live, I have to deal with it or not. If I just leave it be, it'll only get worse.

Quick Reply: Road Rage