Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See my signature

Well, prior to the road rage thread being consumed by a pretty amusing little dust up, it was an interesting thread in terms of substance.

My own reaction to poor driving is to ignore it, avoid the other car and drive away. I see absolutely no point in risking my life, safety and freedom (or those of my family) for some POS, immature driver. I feel I have far too much to lose. Perhaps my perspective is shaped byy the fact that I'm 40 with a family and a career that I love but there you have it. But I think it's good advice for anyone: don't risk so much for a total stranger who you'll never see again.

Oh and on the fight, of course I side with my long term peeps Marc and Craig.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Well, prior to the road rage thread being consumed by a pretty amusing little dust up, it was an interesting thread in terms of substance.

My own reaction to poor driving is to ignore it, avoid the other car and drive away. I see absolutely no point in risking my life, safety and freedom (or those of my family) for some POS, immature driver. I feel I have far too much to lose. Perhaps my perspective is shaped byy the fact that I'm 40 with a family and a career that I love but there you have it. But I think it's good advice for anyone: don't risk so much for a total stranger who you'll never see again.

Oh and on the fight, of course I side with my long term peeps Marc and Craig.
Agreed on every point
Old 05-21-2011, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Agreed on every point
Someone I figured you might my friend.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

'Merica
Old 05-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

I wish there was a "like" button next to threads, I was dying up until the last page when it got boring.. But to actually contribute to the topic (if anyone cares anymore) Road rage always makes me think of a movie i saw in drivers ed about an old guy that got out and shot a dude with a crossbow that was designed to kill a big moose or something. You just never know so I agree its best to just forget about it.

and did anyone else notice the reoccurring theme of "...and then the guy got out of his truck"
Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 AM
Contributors

this place blows now. That topic got locked so easily. And a post I wrote in another thread got deleted. Pretty soon curse words will be automatically replaced by ****.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841
this place blows now. That topic got locked so easily. And a post I wrote in another thread got deleted. Pretty soon curse words will be automatically replaced by ****.
Well the forums do seem a lot quieter than when was last active.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by craigm1841
Easily? What does that mean? I mean, yes, it's easy to press the lock button, but the thread stayed open for quite some time and every warning posted or sent via PM from our mod Gene was ignored! Easily? I don't think so!

If you are here to post curse words... sorry... I thought wew're all here because we're all BMW and/or car enthusiasts and want to discuss.

Gents, we are not tolerating violations of our terms of use. We have been very tolerant and almost never moderated the forums. But we can not let this happen what you guys just started over the past few weeks.

Please re-read the rules again everyone!

Thank you.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

The Ice has spoken

But I cannot stand certain people on this forum. I wont speak another word of THAT..NO one on this thread so far.. Now im not going to get this pot all stirred up again. But what your gut tells you about certain people is apparantly true (even on the internet) ANYWAY-------

As far as the topic goes, I agree with Scott. I too try to avoid certain instances for many reasons.. 1- I usually have my kids in the car with me. If my mouth opens up and I end up in a situation because of it and not only do I get hurt, but my boys? Well, then all bets are off and I may not only end up in jail, but have my boys in trouble as well.. 2- There are some serious crazies out there lately, and to be honest its not like the old days when people gave you the finger and moved on. It always goes a step further (its just not worth it to me) 3- Not to sound cocky, but 10 out of 10 times my car is the nicer one, lol, so on THAT note I dont want anything either thrown, or spit or kicked on it by some royal ass because then Ill refer back to reason number 1... which equals severe consequences again, lol... AND 4- sounds crazy, BUT, honestly people and there horrible and dangerous ways of driving (which makes me wonder how they make logical choices in life, but w.e.) makes me see red sometimes and I have Ally McBeal moments where I actually envision myself getting out and punching or drop kicking someone..And first and foremost I dont WANT to be like that, but I get to a point sometimes, ya know.

What a person speeds up as to not let someome else into the lane, well, then to me, YOUR the moron. Seems to me like that person has authority issues or Napolean syndrome, lol. Get over it, let them pass and go about YOUR business. No wonder people always have problems cause certain people like to make it their own. Let them go, let them in and let them disappear... I dont get it, but thats me.. Scott, im with you 100%, things arent worth it these days, but im not going to say I dont think about doing certain things, I think it takes a smart person to assess a situation and determine if there is going to be a positive outcome. Plain and simple.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Contributors

We all think about how nice it would be to pummel stupid drivers into smithereens. But I keep those thoughts in my head rather than acting on them. The ability to restrain one's emotions is what separates us from wild animals, Well....some of us anyway.

Originally Posted by melimel
The Ice has spoken

But I cannot stand certain people on this forum. I wont speak another word of THAT..NO one on this thread so far.. Now im not going to get this pot all stirred up again. But what your gut tells you about certain people is apparantly true (even on the internet) ANYWAY-------

As far as the topic goes, I agree with Scott. I too try to avoid certain instances for many reasons.. 1- I usually have my kids in the car with me. If my mouth opens up and I end up in a situation because of it and not only do I get hurt, but my boys? Well, then all bets are off and I may not only end up in jail, but have my boys in trouble as well.. 2- There are some serious crazies out there lately, and to be honest its not like the old days when people gave you the finger and moved on. It always goes a step further (its just not worth it to me) 3- Not to sound cocky, but 10 out of 10 times my car is the nicer one, lol, so on THAT note I dont want anything either thrown, or spit or kicked on it by some royal ass because then Ill refer back to reason number 1... which equals severe consequences again, lol... AND 4- sounds crazy, BUT, honestly people and there horrible and dangerous ways of driving (which makes me wonder how they make logical choices in life, but w.e.) makes me see red sometimes and I have Ally McBeal moments where I actually envision myself getting out and punching or drop kicking someone..And first and foremost I dont WANT to be like that, but I get to a point sometimes, ya know.

What a person speeds up as to not let someome else into the lane, well, then to me, YOUR the moron. Seems to me like that person has authority issues or Napolean syndrome, lol. Get over it, let them pass and go about YOUR business. No wonder people always have problems cause certain people like to make it their own. Let them go, let them in and let them disappear... I dont get it, but thats me.. Scott, im with you 100%, things arent worth it these days, but im not going to say I dont think about doing certain things, I think it takes a smart person to assess a situation and determine if there is going to be a positive outcome. Plain and simple.

Quick Reply: Road Rage