Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:33 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^Hey Ice, I never got any warning PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Scott, Mel, I couldnt agree with you both anymore than I already do. Diferent stages in life force you to react to similar situations much differently than you would have at a previous stage. I always think about what kind of example I want to set for my boys. That usually keeps me from acting how I either really want to or how I once would have at another time in life. And like you Mel, 10 times out of 10, I'm always in the nicer car so it becomes even easier to just let it go.

I sound so mature, makes me wanna throwup.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman
Easily? What does that mean? I mean, yes, it's easy to press the lock button, but the thread stayed open for quite some time and every warning posted or sent via PM from our mod Gene was ignored! Easily? I don't think so!

If you are here to post curse words... sorry... I thought wew're all here because we're all BMW and/or car enthusiasts and want to discuss.

Gents, we are not tolerating violations of our terms of use. We have been very tolerant and almost never moderated the forums. But we can not let this happen what you guys just started over the past few weeks.

Please re-read the rules again everyone!

Thank you.
Obviously I am not here to post curse words, I was just using an example that might make this forum seem comparable to a knitting forum.

That one thread that got locked was the only thing I have seen, as I am nowhere near as active on here as I was in the past. My reaction was based solely on my experience of seeing one argument in a thread cause it to get locked. If there has been sort of a "terms of use uprising" that I am unaware of, then I understand the reason for it getting locked.

While I still have my car, I rarely venture into the BMW forums here due to my extraordinarily horrible experience with my car, I hardly consider myself a BMW enthusiast of any kind (I am still a car enthusiast). The lounge, for me, is entertainment in an environment shared with people I have made friends with over the years. Just because I think BMW sucks, doesnt mean I think the people on this forum do, the lounge is my place to interact with them and not discuss BMWs. Sometimes, a little bit of drama is entertaining. THAT SAID... I do understand, if there has been an increase in nonsense in BMW related forums, a moderators decision to simply lock that thread.

In a related note, I would appreciate it if someone could post links for those locked threads for my enjoyment. Thanks!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition
Scott, Mel, I couldnt agree with you both anymore than I already do. Diferent stages in life force you to react to similar situations much differently than you would have at a previous stage. I always think about what kind of example I want to set for my boys. That usually keeps me from acting how I either really want to or how I once would have at another time in life. And like you Mel, 10 times out of 10, I'm always in the nicer car so it becomes even easier to just let it go.

I sound so mature, makes me wanna throwup.
I had someone throw a handful of change at me once, I should have let it go. I didnt. That is one incident that I wish had gone down differently. I dont think I ever discussed it on this forum, nor will I. It did happen in my 535.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
I had someone throw a handful of change at me once, I should have let it go. I didnt. That is one incident that I wish had gone down differently. I dont think I ever discussed it on this forum, nor will I. It did happen in my 535.
Seriously? You're just going to leave us hanging like that?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Sounds like your one step away from the loony bin brah. Shellax and take her easy there. U are a very entertaining cat and we dont wanna see u end up dead!! Can some gorgeous broad give my man C a blowjob already before he loses his mind?!?
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint

Ive never been involved in a road rage incident. Theres been times ive wanted to kill a person but usually its an older gentleman driving so i understand. That and i usually drive around in a large truck being as im 6'5" and 300lbs. No one wants to fight for some reason
Old 05-23-2011, 08:40 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Sounds like your one step away from the loony bin brah. Shellax and take her easy there. U are a very entertaining cat and we dont wanna see u end up dead!! Can some gorgeous broad give my man C a blowjob already before he loses his mind?!?
haha- thanks brother. I do pretty well for myself, so me being tightly wound isnt sexual frustration! I am just crazy. I was born this way! It is the mixture of being a genetic predisposition to being short fused, being a new yorker, being large, and being a former Army NCO. But I am a lover, not a fighter... as long as you dont cross my path i'll kill you with smiles and humor!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Contributors

haha- thanks brother. I do pretty well for myself, so me being tightly wound isnt sexual frustration! I am just crazy. I was born this way! It is the mixture of being a genetic predisposition to being short fused, being a new yorker, being large, and being a former Army NCO. But I am a lover, not a fighter... as long as you dont cross my path i'll kill you with smiles and humor!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by skelevirus
Ive never been involved in a road rage incident. Theres been times ive wanted to kill a person but usually its an older gentleman driving so i understand. That and i usually drive around in a large truck being as im 6'5" and 300lbs. No one wants to fight for some reason

LOL, no one wants to fight me either Skele, and I'm actually a little smaller than you
Overall, I try to avoid things as much as possible, since it makes the wife VERY nervous.

Quick Reply: Road Rage