Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Obama's Healthcare Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='950588' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:33 PM
Want to raise revenue? Flat tax and no deductions. It will never happen (it would put 70-80% of K Street lobbyists out of business) but it would raise government revenue.
EXACTLY!!!!!! Ron Paul and Steve Forbes have had it right all along!!!! Hopefully one day it will come to fruition....
Old 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='950591' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:36 PM
We can't run the Medicare program in any efficient matter and it is headed towards being broke just as social security is. That does nto give a lot of faith in a much bigger government run healthcare program doing any better. And as the new program spirals out of control, we'll be asked to pony up more and more to cover it...

And pjinca, no need for the cheap shot at someone who happens to disagree with you...
OK, my apologies for the jab.

However, we cannot continue to be completely irresponsible when it comes to healthcare. The only ones hurt by nationalized healthcare are insurance companies, pharmacutical companies, lobbyists, and doctors that over charge (like the Park Ave doc who charged my mom's insurance $190K for a foot operation - the insurance paid him $45K, hmm maybe because $90 for a band aid was excessive?) - none of those listed serve any purpose other than to sap cash from working people anyway, because if you truly have a serious condition they will try to find a way to not cover it.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by theonlychoman' post='950595' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:38 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!! Ron Paul and Steve Forbes have had it right all along!!!! Hopefully one day it will come to fruition....
It's a pipe dream as both the lobbyists and the politicians will kill it. The power to create tax loopholes for the rich and the powerful and the connected is the mother's milk of Washington lobbying and campaign contributions. In the meanwhile all of the rest of us get f*ucked.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='950601' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:42 PM
OK, my apologies for the jab.

However, we cannot continue to be completely irresponsible when it comes to healthcare. The only ones hurt by nationalized healthcare are insurance companies, pharmacutical companies, lobbyists, and doctors that over charge (like the Park Ave doc who charged my mom's insurance $190K for a foot operation - the insurance paid him $45K, hmm maybe because $90 for a band aid was excessive?) - none of those listed serve any purpose other than to sap cash from working people anyway, because if you truly have a serious condition they will try to find a way to not cover it.
$190,000 for a foot operation??

That was about the cost of my spinal fusion surgery last year but that was a huge operation with a team of doctors and a long hospital stay. And I thought that the price of my operation was ridiculous.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='950607' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:48 PM
It's a pipe dream as both the lobbyists and the politicians will kill it. The power to create tax loopholes for the rich and the powerful and the connected is the mother's milk of Washington lobbying and campaign contributions. In the meanwhile all of the rest of us get f*ucked.
+1000 - If there was a flat tax then as the nation prospered so would the Gov't, thus Social Security, Nationalized Healthcare, repairing crumbling infrastructure would all be doable. And since it makes too much sense - it will never happen.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='950459
Given that the previous "Great Idiot" was from TX as well, I can see your point. However, we are the only wealthy industialized country that neglects the health of it's citizens. Nationalized healthcare is a must.

Although I do agree that health insurance is the largest Ponzi scheme in the world, the best way to control costs is to have a little higher tax and not have to pay them.
we have gotten along just fine without nationalized healthcare....if you want healthcare pay for it. This is just another way for the government to control more of our money. The same people who cant afford healthcare are the same people not paying taxes, filing for bankruptcy, getting their house foreclosed on.

everyone handles their own and thats the risk you take if you dont have healthcare. I have to start paying for mine because once im done with school. Screw this stupid scam ass plan....its not going to help anything. Obama is a jackass. hopefully only 3+ more years of this promised "change"
Old 07-22-2009, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Probably be cheaper if we just make Canada and USA one big country.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tex_phil' post='950620' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:58 PM
Probably be cheaper if we just make Canada and USA one big country.
Nah, our dollars are worth more and I could never get used to saying "eh" at the end of everything I say
Old 07-22-2009, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='950616' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:55 PM
Raising the national debt faster than anyone else in history sounds like a good plan.

whave gotten along just fine without nationalized healthcaree ....if you want healthcare pay for it. This is just another way for the government to control more of our money. The same people who cant afford healthcare are the same people not paying taxes, filing for bankruptcy, getting their house foreclosed on.

everyone handles their own and thats the risk you take if you dont have healthcare. I have to start paying for mine because once im done with school. Screw this stupid scam ass plan....its not going to help anything. Obama is a jackass. hopefully only 3+ more years of this promised "change"
Point 1:
The budget was balanced and the deficit was going down when Bush - Lite took over, under his watch it reached historical proportions. Yes, Obama will have to spend even more to get things fixed, but let's not be delusional as to where this started.

Point 2:
"have gotten along just fine without nationalized healthcare" - who has? I have been lucky enough to be both in a job where I can afford the health insurance provided and stayed pretty healthy. The ones we need to take care of are those people who are denied coverage as soon as they actually have a serious illness.

As for Obama being a "jackass" - he is a much better man than Bushie is, and significantly more intelligent. Bush was a moron, a buffoon, an ultra-maroon, a dolt, an imbecile.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='950633' date='Jul 22 2009, 03:08 PM
Bush was a moron, a buffoon, an ultra-maroon, a dolt, an imbecile.
Don't hold back...tell us how you really feel.

Quick Reply: Obama's Healthcare Plan