Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Obama's Healthcare Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 10:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will be interesting to hear what he has to say tonight...

Obama goes prime time with health-care...

In anticipation of the responses, start getting the popcorn ready....
Old 07-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Ironically, Obama would NOT answer the question..."Will you personally use this healthcare coverage?" Speaks volumes I'd say!
Old 07-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='950417' date='Jul 22 2009, 12:18 PM
Ironically, Obama would NOT answer the question..."Will you personally use this healthcare coverage?" Speaks volumes I'd say!
I couldn't agree with you more....
Old 07-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theonlychoman' post='950424' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:23 PM
I couldn't agree with you more....
+1. My friend, who works for a Texas congressman, said the bill is 8,000 pages long...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

At least he's doing something (other than getting us into pointless wars like the previous moron)
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 (07/03) 530i, Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Leather, Premium Package, Sports Package, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenons, euro red reflectors, K/N air filter, Falken 452's

Originally Posted by anand_rahim' post='950430' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:28 PM
+1. My friend, who works for a Texas congressman, said the bill is 8,000 pages long...

If we want to fix health care we need to eliminate "health insurance".
The idea of "insurance" for medical care is a stupid house of cards.
It works for things like homes and cars. Only a fraction ever need to use the insurance, so the system works.

EVERYONE NEEDS HEALTHCARE, so an insurance scheme will NEVER work.
That's one reason why we are in the mess we are in now.

Obama is not interested in improving health care for anyone, he is only interested in expanding the scope of government control over YOU, what YOU do, and how YOU spend YOUR money.

If you want to know what "health care" will look like under government control you need look no further than your local post office or DMV.
The thought of some jackass government bureaucrat deciding what treatment you receive should send you all screaming to your local congressman's office, but we're told it will be "FREE" and most are stupid enough to believe this..... somehow.

How people can think that this is the correct solution is beyond me, but hey, this fool got elected so I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rik zeppelin' post='950568' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:16 PM
If we want to fix health care we need to eliminate "health insurance".
The idea of "insurance" for medical care is a stupid house of cards.
It works for things like homes and cars. Only a fraction ever need to use the insurance, so the system works.

EVERYONE NEEDS HEALTHCARE, so an insurance scheme will NEVER work.
That's one reason why we are in the mess we are in now.

Obama is not interested in improving health care for anyone, he is only interested in expanding the scope of government control over YOU, what YOU do, and how YOU spend YOUR money.

If you want to know what "health care" will look like under government control you need look no further than your local post office or DMV.
The thought of some jackass government bureaucrat deciding what treatment you receive should send you all screaming to your local congressman's office, but we're told it will be "FREE" and most are stupid enough to believe this..... somehow.

How people can think that this is the correct solution is beyond me, but hey, this fool got elected so I shouldn't be surprised.
Given that the previous "Great Idiot" was from TX as well, I can see your point. However, we are the only wealthy industialized country that neglects the health of it's citizens. Nationalized healthcare is a must.

Although I do agree that health insurance is the largest Ponzi scheme in the world, the best way to control costs is to have a little higher tax and not have to pay them.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='950576' date='Jul 22 2009, 05:21 PM
Given that the previous "Great Idiot" was from TX as well, I can see your point. However, we are the only wealthy industialized country that neglects the health of it's citizens. Nationalized healthcare is a must.

Although I do agree that health insurance is the largest Ponzi scheme in the world, the best way to control costs is to have a little higher tax and not have to pay them.
Want to raise revenue? Flat tax and no deductions. It will never happen (it would put 70-80% of K Street lobbyists out of business) but it would raise government revenue.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='950588' date='Jul 22 2009, 02:33 PM
Want to raise revenue? Flat tax and no deductions. It will never happen (it would put 70-80% of K Street lobbyists out of business) but it would raise government revenue.

+1 I was always intrigued by Steve Forbes' plan. As you said - it will never happen so we have to deal with what we have a flawed system.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

We can't run the Medicare program in any efficient matter and it is headed towards being broke just as social security is. That does nto give a lot of faith in a much bigger government run healthcare program doing any better. And as the new program spirals out of control, we'll be asked to pony up more and more to cover it...

And pjinca, no need for the cheap shot at someone who happens to disagree with you...

Quick Reply: Obama's Healthcare Plan