Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL Playoff Time Again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not everyone booed, just the Steeler fans.....................real classy huh?

Why would you boo Tom Brady? I meen 3 time superbowl 2 time superbowl mvp

and a real jerk to boot. What a bunch of crap.

Who should be Booed you ask? The entire staff that produced that show. The half

time dino-rock event featuring 4 skinny ex-drug addicts from England.......who

thought of that. Did everyone miss the sound check that day. Bad show all around.

The game, the show, even the commercials were a bit of a let down this year!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by jtxc' post='235805' date='Feb 6 2006, 04:11 PM

This from the city that spawned the "Southie"
Attached Thumbnails NFL Playoff Time Again...-soxfan.jpg  
Old 02-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Members

We teach em young.........at least it's a quiet way of expressing ones thoughts. Must be

a Yankee fan he's saluting. Sorry to ruffle your feathers UU.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Well...

I have seen the game four times now and the TD was NOT a TD!!!

If you look at it picture by picture and measure it, the ball never was over the goal line. Anyways, it wasn't a gamebraker. Pittsburgh would have made the TD with the next play, no doubt here. But those officials were the worst I have seen in years!
The funny thing is, a ref should decide on what he sees! Immediately!!! In this situation the ref (HL) raises his right arm while he starts running in. This signal is clearly showing that he has a spot, and the player is down! In case he sees a TD he has to raise both arms and doesn't need to run in to spot the ball. Then, while he is running in, Big Ben pulls the ball forward and the HL sees the ball on the line... He raises his left arm now, while the right arm was up allready for two seconds!!! So, he switched his mind... and that's a NO NO ! His first decision was the right one...
And the replay showed that the ball never was in the end zone nor on the line, but to see this CLEARLY you need more than what you can see in the 90 sec replay. So, there was not enough evidence and therefore the ref made the right call after the review!
The bad call was made earlier by the HL.

The Pass Interference WAS a Pass Interference... You can't touch the defensive player. Well, it was more a touch than a push, but it was totally unnecassary and illegal. The ref was right there and made the right call.

The Seahawks fumble that was challenged and reversed really shows how BAD those officials were. I don't know what they were drinking or smoking before the game, but how can you possibly call that a fumble? He was free, not pancaked... You could see that he is touched and down by contact. The ball comes out a second after he is on the ground. That should have never been called a fumble.

However, in the end, no decission, wrong or right, made by the game officials decided the game. The game was decided by mistakes on the field. It was no great game, nothing to remember, unless you are a Steelers or a Seahawks fan. But those officials were embarrassing!

In the end... THE RIGHT TEAM WON!

Sorry for all Seahwaks fans out there. Your time will come soon.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='235578' date='Feb 6 2006, 08:22 AM
Clearly (and just barely) a touchdown. If the Seahawks defender hadn't hit Ben's elbow just when he did, the ball wouldn't have moved an inch toward the plane of the goal line. Ben was holding the ball tight to his body but it moved away just enough.

I realize that the entire city of Seattle thought it was a bad call (and we Steeler fans have had our share of bad calls in the past) but in this case, the rule says the ball has to break the plane of the goal line and in did -- just barely...

Bottom line -- it wasn't a factor in the overall outcome of the game anyway so what else is there to say?
It was a good game..and the way Sea started i thought they were going to eat the steelers for dinner
Old 02-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by jtxc' post='235850' date='Feb 6 2006, 05:32 PM
We teach em young.........at least it's a quiet way of expressing ones thoughts. Must be

a Yankee fan he's saluting. Sorry to ruffle your feathers UU.

No, not ruffled - I just don't mind pointing out how similar the two cities behave when it comes to rivalries.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

jtxc, tell us how you really feel!

I don't think I ever said it was a great game and we certainly didn't play the way we played on the road to Detroit but hey, a win is a win so I'll be glad to take it. Seattle played a good game but not exceptional. They dominated the stats but we got the points. You can't excuse Jerramy Stevens dropping three balls that should have been completions, the kicker missed two field goals (albeit long ones) and you can't blame the refs for everything I guess. Believe me, the Steelers have been on the wrong side of some bad calls over the years and I've learned to accept that those things happen.

Iceman, doesn't the ball just have to break the plane of the goal line (and not actually cross over it?) What I saw on the replay was exactly that -- the ball just touched/broke the initial plane. I agree that the ref didn't do a good job of calling it right away when he raised one hand and then both. That was dumb.

That Randle El sure can throw a ball, eh?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:42 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by jtxc' post='235805' date='Feb 6 2006, 03:11 PM

Why would you boo Tom Brady? I meen 3 time superbowl 2 time superbowl mvp

and a real jerk to boot. What a bunch of crap.

Who should be Booed you ask? The entire staff that produced that show. The half

time dino-rock event featuring 4 skinny ex-drug addicts from England.......who

thought of that. Did everyone miss the sound check that day. Bad show all around.

The game, the show, even the commercials were a bit of a let down this year!
I guess 3-Peat would have been your perfect game. Well, it didn't happen. It's time to get over it.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:54 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='235867' date='Feb 6 2006, 05:08 PM
Well...

I have seen the game four times now and the TD was NOT a TD!!!
Actually, I think it was, Ice. At least it was from the camera angles in the replay. The nose of the ball crossed into the white-striped goal line while the-bearded-one had possession. The ball broke the leading edge of the goal line. That's all it takes.

I agree with you on the pass interference call on the Sea Hawks -- Madden be damned. The offensive player has the advantage to start with because action beats reaction. So when he decides to change direction, the corner has to react which puts him a step behind at least. Why should the offense be given double advantage by allowing a receiver to shove the corner in the opposite direction to which he has decided to move? Wouldn't make sense. The receiver got caught and the right call was made. If he had not pushed off, he would not have been that open in the end zone.

But none of that was as bad as the half time show.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Who was it said the half time blokes were ex-drug addicts I have not gone back to review the close TD call, but in the first replays, before the "review" process, I was convinced that he had broken the plane even before the bounce on the ground. I think I'll do that review again. But all in all, while not well played, the mistakes evened out and I too think the right team won. I also think Seattle has a better chance at repeating their appearance next year than the Steelers.

Quick Reply: NFL Playoff Time Again...