Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Theo
That might be true but I can understand his grievances, AP and CJ2K both got huge contracts when he was already negotiating and to top that off Foster got his this offseason...
CJ2K early performance along with AP's injury didn't help forte's negotiating leverage, that along with the fact he's coming off an MCL injury as well doesn't give matt and his agent much room to work with. They've already franchised him, which is a fair amount of money IMO.

Matt got most of his yards last year due to the Martz system check down tosses due to the 5 to 7 step drops combined with average WR's made forte a common target. Matt's always struggled running from the back field and I have a feeling tice is looking for a back that can do this, an he got that in Bush. Matt's sophmore year was sub par at best. Who knows how matt will do this year and it's a gamble that the new GM wisely looks like he doesn't want to take.

Every year the bears have brought in a back to compliment forte, not take his job away, bush is the most threatening to take his spot tho IMO. There's a reason why we keep bringing in other back for 3rd down and goal lines, forte can't get the TD or move the chains...those other big signing could and did so consistently....

It's a shame his ego and his agents greed had to put a damper on such a great acquisition for the team, and they took their gripes to twitter/publicly rather than professionally keeping it behind closed doors. I wonder how the FO will respond to this, I'm hoping this ends well but have a feeling it won't.

Bush, Bell, Barber is an RB list I would be happy with if they can't it to be Forte, Bush, Bell.

Foster might have gotten paid, but they lost Super Mario in the process along with Demaco, two big parts of their defense IMO.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
MWallace want fitzgerald money? thats just crazy...sorry....

no tebow or manning talk as it's been and will be beaten to death.

feel bad for tebow, i think he would have learned a lot from PM given the chance, but obviously JElway thought otherwise, i heard Caleb Hanie took a meeting with them shortly after Peyton signed...

feel bad for Msanchez as well, dude is already rattled a bit, this only further puts him on the block..but I don't think he's the QB people make him out to be, no USC QB ever is IMO...

I agree MWallace is a good, but not great receiver............yet. SO he doesn't deserve LFitz money yet. Heck, Andre Johnson BARELY got LFitz money and he's WAAAAAAAY better than MWallace - and I like Mike.

Tebow, while a nice story and a decent young man (by all appearances), he will never be an NFL caliber QB.

I can't feel bad for Sanchez (as my wife likes to call him "Dirty" Sanchez) since he has shown zero growth, both as a QB and a leader since his rookie season. He is looking more and more liek a disappointment.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

signed 2 cb's today..

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story...-kelvin-hayden

makes me think we're going DE or DT in the draft...or perhaps just BPA if we don't trade up.....still have a lot of voids to fill, but this new GM looks to be making the correct effort..
Old 04-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Hopefully this year my Deadskins will be the Redskins once again with RGIII.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by wtlb
Hopefully this year my Deadskins will be the Redskins once again with RGIII.
wondering if he'll have a better rookie year than cam....
Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator

draft day
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
draft day

WOOT!!!!!!! At with the 24th pick the Steelers select, yet another linebacker

(despite a terrible and porous offensive line, an aging and injured defensive line, and mediocre corners)
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by pjinca
WOOT!!!!!!! At with the 24th pick the Steelers select, yet another linebacker

(despite a terrible and porous offensive line, an aging and injured defensive line, and mediocre corners)
If Hightower's still there at 24 he's a value pick, especially since Farrior's out. I'm not sure if you can get a first class lineman there, DeCastro will be gone, the 2 LT's as well...

Ah well, we'll see what happens. I think this draft won't be as unpredictable as last year.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Theo
If Hightower's still there at 24 he's a value pick, especially since Farrior's out. I'm not sure if you can get a first class lineman there, DeCastro will be gone, the 2 LT's as well...

Ah well, we'll see what happens. I think this draft won't be as unpredictable as last year.

At least Mike Mayock (NFL network) has the Steelers taking Georgia's Cordy Glenn (T/G) at that spot - which is a MUCH better pick.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

If we don't get a WR I'm hoping we get a DE to match Peppers on the opposite side

can't wait to welcome ALuck to the NFL...colts on sunday and then the Pack on thursday....that's one way to start off the season

Quick Reply: NFL 2012