Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2012

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Steelers did great, so did the Bengals and Pats I think.

Ravens, NYG and GB did OK it seems.

1 thing that stood out to me: all kinds of QB's were taken in the later rounds but not Kellen Moore?

In todays TE crazy NFL he will carve defenses, pass by pass... I just don't get it
Old 04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

don't forget all the UDFA signings, I'm sure there will be more as the weeks go by as well....

i think the colts did well also to add to your list theo...matching ALuck with his go to TE was a great move by them..
Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
don't forget all the UDFA signings, I'm sure there will be more as the weeks go by as well....

i think the colts did well also to add to your list theo...matching ALuck with his go to TE was a great move by them..
Steelers are off to a good start with UFAs as well, so far:
2 OLB
2 CB
2 WR
2 OG
2 DE
1 K
1 P
Looks like the Stillers might actually have some much needed depth this year, WOOT!!!!!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Theo
Steelers did great, so did the Bengals and Pats I think.

Ravens, NYG and GB did OK it seems.

1 thing that stood out to me: all kinds of QB's were taken in the later rounds but not Kellen Moore?

In todays TE crazy NFL he will carve defenses, pass by pass... I just don't get it

The knock on Kellen Moore is his size and lack of a rocket arm, that said, I think he will be a FANTASTIC pick up for a VERY lucky team as a UFA. Realistically it was better that he was NOT drafted, at least as a UFA he gets to pick where he goes and find the best situation for him. The "pundits" focus on every player meeting the physical mold to be drafted is a little silly, being 6' even didn't bother Drew Brees much - has it? Dew also doesn't have the prototypical "Laser arm" of other QB's and he's done fairly well for himself.
I think Kellen Moore will start as a back up, and IMHO he will be starting in less than 3 years, he's a winner (as his 51-3 record as a starter can attest) and he will prove himself.
Best place for him? Miami, because if Tannehill falters at all the fans will force them to put Moore into the game.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Bears signed 11 UDFA's..

The Bears have agreed to terms with 11 undrafted rookie free agents, the club announced on Saturday. defensive tackle Ronnie Cameron; Troy OT James Brown; Wayne State safetyJeremy Jones; Maine safety Trevor Colston and Southern Mississippi linebacker Ronnie Thornton.

James Brown OT , happy about that pick up, hope he makes it out of camp, onto the roster, and provides some help...
Old 04-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
True, I do think they dropped the ball on the defensive side though since they were basically awful there. I understand you'd want to surround your new face of the franchise with weapons but no D at all isn't very beneficial for his development either I'd say...

I do believe I forgot the Vikings though, they drafted well though there are so much holes to fill there it might not show as much as elsewhere...

Originally Posted by pjinca
I think Kellen Moore will start as a back up, and IMHO he will be starting in less than 3 years, he's a winner (as his 51-3 record as a starter can attest) and he will prove himself.
Best place for him? Miami, because if Tannehill falters at all the fans will force them to put Moore into the game.
Agreed, the height argument did puzzle me though, Russell Wilson who got drafted by the Seahawks was even smaller. Detroit might be an OK place for Moore, Stafford is clearly entrenched but still isn't the most durable in my book.

On the other hand the Mayock said he hasn't got draftable skills and he is usually right... Getting the ball faster out of your hands than any other QB and tons of football IQ seem draftable to me though?
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Theo
Agreed, the height argument did puzzle me though, Russell Wilson who got drafted by the Seahawks was even smaller. Detroit might be an OK place for Moore, Stafford is clearly entrenched but still isn't the most durable in my book.

On the other hand the Mayock said he hasn't got draftable skills and he is usually right... Getting the ball faster out of your hands than any other QB and tons of football IQ seem draftable to me though?
I agree, if you have watched Moore play in college then you know the skills are there. Does he have the "rocket" arm? No. Is he the prototypical size? No. However, his decision making and ability to read a defense cannot really be questioned, he was 51-3 as a starter, you don't do that with crappy decisions. The kid deserves a chance, and you might be right, he would get that chance in Detroit, where Stafford is a good QB but has all the durability of a paper plate.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

RIP #55

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/78...r-seau-dies-43
Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Saw that, so sad...
Old 05-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Contributors

RIP #55, sad, by all accounts a great player and an even better person.

Quick Reply: NFL 2012