Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by ron_cb550
My main argument is, the Skins O-line couldn't hold d-linemen off long enough for JC to take 3 steps back, so what makes you think the protection will be there for Donovan? From pocket passer to scrambler to back to pocket passer to MEGA scrambler.. look at the poor guy's shape! What do you want from him at his supple age?
-Get rid of pathetic coaching/management (already done)
-Get alternatives to Clinton Portis (done, but with doubts)
-Change your run first strategy to incorporate an effective short passing game
-Get a proven WR who can stretch the defense (should be top priority)
-Get a good run blocking TE to complement Cooley/Betts
-Build through draft (they STILL have their 1st round pick - at least I think)

The Skins would routinely get stuffed on 1st down because they had no deep threat. Once Portis got hurt things really rolled down hill.

The only knock on Shanahan is he that he couldn't build a good defense. But I'm pretty sure their new GM already has that angle covered.

OK - going back to being a Giants fan now....plenty of issues to deal with there.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pukka
-Get rid of pathetic coaching/management (already done)
-Get alternatives to Clinton Portis (done, but with doubts)
-Change your run first strategy to incorporate an effective short passing game
-Get a proven WR who can stretch the defense (should be top priority)
-Get a good run blocking TE to complement Cooley/Betts
-Build through draft (they STILL have their 1st round pick - at least I think)

The Skins would routinely get stuffed on 1st down because they had no deep threat. Once Portis got hurt things really rolled down hill.

The only knock on Shanahan is he that he couldn't build a good defense. But I'm pretty sure their new GM already has that angle covered.

OK - going back to being a Giants fan now....plenty of issues to deal with there.
Will fat ass Brandon Jacobs ever run like the raging bull from 3 years ago? He was trucking atleast 1 person EVERY single run, now he large dumb fat ass is trying to jump over people. Looks like he is lost or wishes he was in the NBA. Either way it isnt working for the Gmen. He killed my fantasy team last year. I will hate him forever now.
Old 04-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

I was kind of mad when we let Derrick Ward go. I would love Ward/Bradshaw in he backfield.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
Will fat ass Brandon Jacobs ever run like the raging bull from 3 years ago? He was trucking atleast 1 person EVERY single run, now he large dumb fat ass is trying to jump over people. Looks like he is lost or wishes he was in the NBA. Either way it isnt working for the Gmen. He killed my fantasy team last year. I will hate him forever now.

I woudldn't call him a fat ass (definitely not to his face) .

The problem is like you said - he's trying to be a slasher type back instead of the bruiser he is. Although he's very athletic, he's too damn big to try and be elusive. But being elusive can mean a longer "life expectancy" in the NFL. Last year, the whole league figured out that when its 1st down and he's in the backfield the play was most likely an outside run. That has to change.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

There is no real speculation that can be done until after the last week of this month. Then we should have a better idea where all the teams stand.
Old 04-08-2010, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by pjinca
There is no real speculation that can be done until after the last week of this month. Then we should have a better idea where all the teams stand.
exactly, hence all free-agent and trade talks will continue after the draft...

I've read the Brandon Marshall might be the next acquisition for the skins...that would make sense....
Old 04-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
exactly, hence all free-agent and trade talks will continue after the draft...

I've read the Brandon Marshall might be the next acquisition for the skins...that would make sense....
Agreed, they can upgrade the O-line through the draft, but they DESPERATELY need a veteran receiver who can stretch the field (Donovan DOES have a strong arm).
Old 04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

for all you verizon users:

http://crackberry.com/nfl-mobile-now...rizon-wireless
Old 04-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Senior Members

The Jets welcomed former Steelers bad boy Santonio Holmes into Ryan's halfway house for misbehaving millionaires. Between Holmes and recently acquired cornerback Antonio Cromartie, the Jets might need bigger dorm rooms to handle all the baggage.

It's going to be a fascinating summer, a chemistry experiment that will be viewed by the entire nation on HBO's "Hard Knocks." The Jets will be in a giant petri dish, with their big names and big egos trying to bond before our eyes. Holmes. Cromartie. LaDainian Tomlinson. Braylon Edwards. Imagine if Jason Taylor decides to join the party.

The big experiment could produce a championship-winning formula or it could blow up in the laboratory. League history suggests it probably will be the latter.

Read More: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_potshot.html

Either way, i think this is going to be an interesting season for my Jets... Cromartie, Rivas... And the best shut down Defense in the game?? I smell a championship, that is... if Rex Ryan can control these monkeys..
Old 04-13-2010, 10:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Aartsy19
The Jets welcomed former Steelers bad boy Santonio Holmes into Ryan's halfway house for misbehaving millionaires. Between Holmes and recently acquired cornerback Antonio Cromartie, the Jets might need bigger dorm rooms to handle all the baggage.

It's going to be a fascinating summer, a chemistry experiment that will be viewed by the entire nation on HBO's "Hard Knocks." The Jets will be in a giant petri dish, with their big names and big egos trying to bond before our eyes. Holmes. Cromartie. LaDainian Tomlinson. Braylon Edwards. Imagine if Jason Taylor decides to join the party.

The big experiment could produce a championship-winning formula or it could blow up in the laboratory. League history suggests it probably will be the latter.

Read More: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...s_potshot.html

Either way, i think this is going to be an interesting season for my Jets... Cromartie, Rivas... And the best shut down Defense in the game?? I smell a championship, that is... if Rex Ryan can control these monkeys..
I'm a Chargers fan and I was sad to see Cromartie go. Just 2 season ago he had 10 picks and was a top 5 corner in the league.

Quick Reply: NFL 2010