Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

NFL 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010 | 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
you'll get to see a bit more of LT in the preseason as the HBO series Hard Knocks will follow the Jets this coming season....
True. Kind of excited to see old fat rex ryan. Hes a character.

As far as LT goes...there isnt a lot of room in the jets backfield. He better hope someone gets injured because Green is bigger, stronger, faster, younger, and less prone to injury at this point. Leon Washington is WAAAY faster, has more agility, and is the pass catching back there for the jets. Where does LT fit in? He doesnt, unless someone gets hurt.

Speed, you say I force on the numbers to much. What should I focus on with LT? The fact hes hurt every year in the playoffs or the big game and sits out like a girl with a stubbed big toe, or the fact he sat on the sidelines all of last year bitching and complaining about sproles being in the game? When LT got his chances he didnt do anything. Im a chiefs fan and realize LT has been a waste around that team for 2 years. You can love him for all of his regular season glory but just remember that weenie in the post season He WAS a great back in the regular season, i will give him that. His time has passed though. No more LT talks, please.

Excited for the draft...woot woot
Old 03-26-2010 | 03:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

TURF TOE IS A SERIOUS.. ah I can't even bring myself to say it
Old 04-04-2010 | 05:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 X3 LCI

McNabb to the Redskins...I don't knw who's dumber, the Eagles for trading within their division, or the Redskins for taking up that huge contract..
Old 04-05-2010 | 06:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by 2004E60Beemer
McNabb to the Redskins...I don't knw who's dumber, the Eagles for trading within their division, or the Redskins for taking up that huge contract..
The Eagles. The Redskins just got the best QB they've had in a looooong time. The Eagles front office are a bunch of tools!. I hope McNabb sticks it to them this year!
Old 04-05-2010 | 07:47 PM
Contributors

I think the Eagles did this because they honestly arent scared of him on the Redskins. Hes been hurt nearly every year for the last 4 years with the Eagles. The redskins oline is terrible and McFats will most likely spend his time running for his life. The skins are making an honest effort to become the oldest most injury prone team in the nfl. Added LJ, Willie Parker, and Mcnabb. Between the 3 i think they have had nearly every injury possible in the last 4 years. McFats is pretty good when he is healthy but hes getting old and Im sure the Eagles wanted to dump him while he still had value. This is an interesting trade for an interesting division. Will the Gmen bounce back? Is Kevin Kolb really going to be a reliable starter? How many games will Romo choke away? Can Shanny revive a team with a huge payroll and no results?

I think it was a good trade for the Eagles. I honestly dont think they trade him to a division rival if they are worried about them/him. It should be good motivation for McNabb, because I honestly look at this trade as a HUGE slap in his face.
Old 04-06-2010 | 05:12 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
I think the Eagles did this because they honestly arent scared of him on the Redskins.............

I think it was a good trade for the Eagles. I honestly dont think they trade him to a division rival if they are worried about them/him. It should be good motivation for McNabb, because I honestly look at this trade as a HUGE slap in his face.

Call it Karma...

A couple of years ago, the Jets traded Chad Pennington to Miami when they got Brett Favre and the Fins went from 1-15 to 11-5 (eliminating the Jets at the end of season). Last year Favre plays for Minn (where he orginally wanted to go but GB refused to trade him there) and he beats them twice, those two games were the difference between the #2 seed and #5 seed.

The Redskins aren't as bad as many would think. Shanahan is an offensive guru, which is what the team really needs at this point. An 8-8 season is definitely possible. All they need is a proven WR - the rumor mill is already throwing TO's name around.

As for Philly, i just don't see how this trade makes them better, but they've released so much talent the last few years one could argue that they are in the process of rebuilding.
Old 04-06-2010 | 06:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pukka
Call it Karma...

A couple of years ago, the Jets traded Chad Pennington to Miami when they got Brett Favre and the Fins went from 1-15 to 11-5 (eliminating the Jets at the end of season). Last year Favre plays for Minn (where he orginally wanted to go but GB refused to trade him there) and he beats them twice, those two games were the difference between the #2 seed and #5 seed.

The Redskins aren't as bad as many would think. Shanahan is an offensive guru, which is what the team really needs at this point. An 8-8 season is definitely possible. All they need is a proven WR - the rumor mill is already throwing TO's name around.

As for Philly, i just don't see how this trade makes them better, but they've released so much talent the last few years one could argue that they are in the process of rebuilding.
Whoa completely agree. Shanahan does have a history of success with 30-something QB's *cough* Elway *cough* and no one can say Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler were not better when he was the coach. This may just come back to bite Philly in the ass, they should have gotten a deal done with Oakland (but seriously, who wants to be a Raider?)
Old 04-06-2010 | 06:17 AM
Senior Members

J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Man... being a Jets fan is a lonely thing around my city.. i think i know 1 other jets fan! But man do i love em!! what a great season last year, and with LT in the mix, i think it will only improve our Sanchezian game!!

Rex Ryan = GOD
Old 04-06-2010 | 06:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl
I think the Eagles did this because they honestly arent scared of him on the Redskins. Hes been hurt nearly every year for the last 4 years with the Eagles. The redskins oline is terrible and McFats will most likely spend his time running for his life. The skins are making an honest effort to become the oldest most injury prone team in the nfl. Added LJ, Willie Parker, and Mcnabb. Between the 3 i think they have had nearly every injury possible in the last 4 years. McFats is pretty good when he is healthy but hes getting old and Im sure the Eagles wanted to dump him while he still had value. This is an interesting trade for an interesting division. Will the Gmen bounce back? Is Kevin Kolb really going to be a reliable starter? How many games will Romo choke away? Can Shanny revive a team with a huge payroll and no results?

Funny you say his time has passed... alot of people said the same about CMartin.(oldest player ever to win a rushing title) and you could have said the same for TJ (being 34 years old).. as a 3rd down RB, i think LT is only an improvement to the Jets already potent run game, and being in a new place, is just a fresh final stand for LT's career.!!
Old 04-06-2010 | 02:54 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2015 435xi GC

Eagles won BIG on the McNabb move. Alpine made a boatload of good points.

My main argument is, the Skins O-line couldn't hold d-linemen off long enough for JC to take 3 steps back, so what makes you think the protection will be there for Donovan? From pocket passer to scrambler to back to pocket passer to MEGA scrambler.. look at the poor guy's shape! What do you want from him at his supple age?

What are the Eagles gonna do without him? Everything they can. Without a doubt, the Eagles are going to make some huge pushes to rebuild without Donovan's annual 'unpredictability'... Expect the expected from the Eagles. And the Skins? Well, they seem to have taken a page from the book of "every 10 year old kid's Madden franchise" .. sign all those names that we're studs a few years ago and shout excellence from the rooftops.

On the plus side, just when we thought the NFC East couldn't get anymore entertaining........

Quick Reply: NFL 2010