Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Magician Jason Latimer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008 | 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='755724
also this chris angel thing is a joke. chris angel uses staged audience members who constantly remind you of how awesome he is. "i thought it was a trick saw"...really you never thought maybe it's a trick arm? but you gotta love his choice of "mindfreak consultant". i love the shirt unbuttoned with the cross necklace.
I was never a big fan of the David Copperfield/Criss Angel style of magician. (Gee, Angel can't even spell Chris correctly )

It seems to me that a traditional sleight of hand/prestidigitation type of magician needs more skills and practice than the guys who just use some magic "box" or engineered "trick." Sure, these guys may be more spectacular in what they claim to accomplish (like making the Statue of Liberty dissapear or something) but to me, having something appear and dissapear right before your eyes can be mind boggling -- even if you know it's sleight of hand. Sure, if you watch the same trick over and over or in slow motion, you can often detect what's going on but then again, that's often the case with tricks done by the Copperfields and Angels of the world as well.

Regardless of who you like better, these guys are doing a good job of keeping us entertained and I'm sure you'll all agree that that is what's probably most important...