Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Magician Jason Latimer

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2008 | 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

This guy, Jason Latimer, is supposedly the "World Champion of Magic" and, after watching these videos -- especially the one with the laser beam -- I'd say he just might be!

Glass cups and balls: (a little over 4 minutes)

Laser beam: (under 3 minutes)

How the hell does he do it??
Old 12-27-2008 | 02:23 PM
Members

That light beam thing was pretty damn cool.
Old 12-27-2008 | 02:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

cool. too bad that laser beam thing can't cut through things like a light saber.
Old 12-27-2008 | 10:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='753559' date='Dec 27 2008, 11:31 AM
This guy, Jason Latimer, is supposedly the "World Champion of Magic" and, after watching these videos -- especially the one with the laser beam -- I'd say he just might be!

Glass cups and balls: (a little over 4 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ie6Tfa_zI

Laser beam: (under 3 minutes)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-XoN1Ts6Wg

How the hell does he do it??
that was awsome
Old 12-27-2008 | 10:20 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Old 12-29-2008 | 08:58 PM
Contributors

that was pretty sweet but his facial expressions are kinda gay.
Old 12-29-2008 | 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

Old 12-30-2008 | 12:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

You can see with his first glass trick that he hides a 2nd green ball under the middle glass with his left hand, real quick (16 sec mark), although you can't really see it because he keeps the other glass in front of it, and that frosted glass hides it.

He then pulls and tilts the other glass towards him (with the visible green one) with enough tilt to have it fall on his lap or off the table...to where you can't see it come out. Then you think it ends up in the middle one, when there was really one there all the time....not too impressive. That cloudy bottom part is there for a reason.

His facial expressions are classic.

In the first laser trick, the ring doesn't slide down anything.....he moves the laser & his body forward and just drops the ring, giving the optical illusion that it's sliding down it. It was all pretty weak if you ask me. It's dark for a reason. All in all, this kind of magic does not impress me. If you knew how they did it, you'd be pretty disappointed with the slight of hand and basic gadgets used.

I'll stick with Chris Angel. You wanna see him cut off a guy's arm??

Someone explain this one! They never do show the guy afterward.
Old 12-30-2008 | 06:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='755724' date='Dec 30 2008, 04:14 AM
You can see with his first glass trick that he hides a 2nd green ball under the middle glass with his left hand, real quick (16 sec mark), although you can't really see it because he keeps the other glass in front of it, and that frosted glass hides it.

He then pulls and tilts the other glass towards him (with the visible green one) with enough tilt to have it fall on his lap or off the table...to where you can't see it come out. Then you think it ends up in the middle one, when there was really one there all the time....not too impressive. That cloudy bottom part is there for a reason.

His facial expressions are classic.

In the first laser trick, the ring doesn't slide down anything.....he moves the laser & his body forward and just drops the ring, giving the optical illusion that it's sliding down it. It was all pretty weak if you ask me. It's dark for a reason. All in all, this kind of magic does not impress me. If you knew how they did it, you'd be pretty disappointed with the slight of hand and basic gadgets used.

I'll stick with Chris Angel. You wanna see him cut off a guy's arm?? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiGWqc9UI1E...feature=related

Someone explain this one! They never do show the guy afterward.

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... can cimply not be real though.. thats what my head tells me
Old 12-30-2008 | 08:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i

not to sound like a complete magic nut because i'm not. but that ball trick is explainable to me that there are areas on that surface that allows the ball to fall down and wait for him underneth. this is why he's constantly putting his hands back down whenever a ball moves from cup to cup. to get the ball back under the glass, he lifts the cup slightly and just rolls over the felt ball quickly and it pops back into the cup. atleast that's my take on it.

also this chris angel thing is a joke. chris angel uses staged audience members who constantly remind you of how awesome he is. "i thought it was a trick saw"...really you never thought maybe it's a trick arm? but you gotta love his choice of "mindfreak consultant". i love the shirt unbuttoned with the cross necklace.

Quick Reply: Magician Jason Latimer