Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Just got pulled over by a ridiculous cop..

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by Alex.br' post='222834' date='Jan 11 2006, 11:24 AM
Soc_fans,

You are luck! At least it wasn't this police officer:

Attachment 14180

Look what he done. :thumbsdown:
Hmm, be interested to hear what poeple thought after watching that video.

Personally, I thought the police officer acted very well and was within his rights. Taser seemed a bit much but she absolutely "made-a-meal" out of it and was one of your typical whiners who seem not to recognise or acknowledge the authority of a police officer.
I would also note that there is no way he would do anything wrong as he has a video camera in his car which can be requested in court.....

In reply to the actual post, I have had 2 tickets in SoCA, both CHP. Also been stopped at night (2 weeks ago)with wife driving my car with music WAAY too loud and speeding (she got off with a warning ?!) after being out to dinner and both CHP and Sherrif here have always been courtious and polite.

However, I have heard of nightmare situations such as the time our hispanic nanny was pulled over with our 2 very young girls in car seats in the back. The female CHP officer was so verbally abusive to the nanny in front of the kids that our older daughter (4 at the time) hid under the bed when she got home and wouldn't come out. She also made the nanny put one of the car seat in the front !!! WTF !!! I was SOOO livid that my wife had to physically hold me back from getting in the car and going to the CHP office and complaining. Still regret not doing so to this day but best that I didn't at the time.

I definitely agree it is a major PITA to go to court as my wife HAD to as she was caught doing 70 in a 45 (should have been rezoned 50 but they use it as a speed trap) and she had no option. Judge just gave her fine and traffic school which she had to attend as we thought online wasn't available in Orange County.

I would stick it to her by paying fine and taking online traffic school whilst watching football or a movie at home

---------

Sorry, post started off calm but remembered the nanny incident and got mad
Old 01-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Soc_fans,

Attachment 14180

Sorry but that lady got what she deserved!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E60 M5

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='222851
Soc_fans,

Attachment 14180

Sorry but that lady got what she deserved!
[/quote]

Ok, but he could arrest her without the Taser.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Contributors

I don't know.. It seems like she wasn't cooperating although he told her many times to get out of the car. She wasn't cooperating from the start. I think he had no choice. He couldn't reach in and grapple with her...she probably would have used that against him in court.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by whiglet' post='222842' date='Jan 11 2006, 01:50 PM
Wow, I cant believe some of the replies to this thread. Ive been a police officer for just under 10 years and have pulled people over in all types of vehicles. Ive never once stopped someone for having a nice ride or because they drove a shitbox. I didnt care if it was a young kid driving a 100k car or a 100 year old driving a clunker. I just pulled people over for traffic or other criminal offenses.
I am shocked to read the post about the cop being envious and that the vehicle is worth more than the cops existance. I hardly believe any of that BS.
But anyway, I think that you do have a chance to beat this ticket. First, call the court and let them know that your going to protest the ticket. Second, go to the PD's record dept. and get all the information on the summons. In NJ, you get a hard copy of the summons. The first two copies got to records and the court and the third (yellow) copy is for the police officers notes. Prior to the court date you should know the officers name and what vehicle number is was using during that stop. All this should be provided to you (called discovery) by the PD. Then you should request info on when the police vehicles radar unit and speedometer were calibrated. Half the time PD's dont calibrate their vehicles in years so the speedometers might be off by several mph.
On the court date you should show up with a friend (someone your age and that could pass for you). Talk to the prosecutor and ask to see the attorney for your defense (no fee). Request that you would like to see the officers notes and any related info (most police vehicles have GPS). Tell the defense that there was no way that you were doing that speed and that you believe the ticket should be dropped. Tell them that (hopefully) that you have no points on your license and that your a safe and courtesy driver.
If this is really going to trial, PM me and I'll give you the details about the court room. I think that if you create enough of an impression that the officer is way off her mark, you can beat this.
Like i said before, Ive been doing this for along time. I have never lost a ticket or an arrest but then never stopped anyone for a BS reason. Best of luck....
I concur with the BS about envious and etc. Most cops pull people over because of some traffic infraction and not because of their ride. Now if there ride is smoking pot out the window and people can catch it in the wind, that's another story. Sorry, I have to say that some members have a "big head" because they own an e60. Well, each to his own . . .
Old 01-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Soc_fans,

Did she at least complement you on your ride, because it's one of the sweetest E60?s I have ever seen?

Soc_fans,

Attachment 14180

That was crazy!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by whiglet' post='222842
Nope. The female cop is too dumb to realize the tint of my car. <_<

I asked that cause I think if she didn't give you grief about your tint, then she probably wasn't "jealous" or "out to get you". I don't think she missed the tint but probably just let you off on it. I was pulled over in my other car and got a speeding ticket and the cop pointed out that I had front window tints and no front license plates but he didn't write me up for it.

Guess what I'm saying is that it could have been a bit worse. Besides for the speeding ticket, you might have had to rip your tint off.
[/quote]

Yeah in the first place the 'jealousy' has never come into my mind at all. Probably she just had a bad day or whatsoever. Regarding the tinting windows, i don't think she realized i have a tinted front windows because it was dark at the time when she pulled me over.

Originally Posted by CENTRAL CALI' post='222938
Soc_fans,

Attachment 14180

That was crazy!!!
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment but NOPE, she was just interested in getting my driving licence, car registration and Insurance.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:32 PM
Contributors

My friends and coworkers joke about the possibility that I'm supplementing my income as a drug dealer. Maybe she stereotyped you that way so she looked for a reason to pull you over to investigate?

Maybe I'm just digging too hard for a reason.....
Old 01-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545i. Orient Blue Metallic, black leather interior. Sports package, comfort seats, active steering & one pissed-off wife 03 BMW 1150GS - Remus pipe no cat.

I can personally vouch for going to trial via written declaration using ticketassassin.com. For $25 and one hour of your time you have a 30% chance of getting off, which is better than rolling over and just paying the fine. If you loose, then you can request a new trial, appear in person and ask for traffic school.

I was caught on the motorbike doing 55 in a 45. The CHP office claimed I was doing over 60 which is bs cause I saw him before he saw me. I looked at my speedometer and saw I was doing ~50mph (Like a idiot, I thought he would not worry about 5mph over ? I was wrong)

When the summons arrived, I requested ?trial by written declaration? and paid the $130 fine. The court gives 30 days to fill out the required paper work and return. The police officer has to do the same. The judge reviews both and decides. If you win, the court returns the full refund. In my case the ticket was dismissed as the officer failed to respond.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

Originally Posted by Granman' post='223132' date='Jan 12 2006, 12:07 AM
I can personally vouch for going to trial via written declaration using ticketassassin.com. For $25 and one hour of your time you have a 30% chance of getting off, which is better than rolling over and just paying the fine. If you loose, then you can request a new trial, appear in person and ask for traffic school.

I was caught on the motorbike doing 55 in a 45. The CHP office claimed I was doing over 60 which is bs cause I saw him before he saw me. I looked at my speedometer and saw I was doing ~50mph (Like a idiot, I thought he would not worry about 5mph over ? I was wrong)

When the summons arrived, I requested ?trial by written declaration? and paid the $130 fine. The court gives 30 days to fill out the required paper work and return. The police officer has to do the same. The judge reviews both and decides. If you win, the court returns the full refund. In my case the ticket was dismissed as the officer failed to respond.
wow
you guys have all kinds of options in the US. In Canada, they screw you over and you have almost no way of fighting it. It's not worth the time. :thumbsdown:

Quick Reply: Just got pulled over by a ridiculous cop..