Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

inconsiderate bums

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by hpowders' date='Sep 1 2005, 12:42 PM
Park as far away from the store as possible in outdoor parking lots. The probability of dings increases the closer you are to the store. It seems laziness and being inconsiderate go together.
If I have to park next to a car, I make sure that it is far away from the store and it is at least as nice as mine since the driver parked there for the same reason as I did and then just hope your number isn't up.
I agree that it helps to go to stores when the majority of people don't. I prefer early to late because with darkness comes crime. I rather go to a supermarket at 8 AM than 11 PM.
[snapback]165926[/snapback]
I just love to walk by these people that sit idling and waiting 5-10 minutes to get "close" to the door. I'm in and out sometimes before they even get their close space :thumbsdown:
Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Haha yea, and we wonder why Americans are so fat. McDonald's + lazyness = fat.

I have gotten so paranoid about people dinging my car, I go out and check on her when I'm at a sit-down restaurant. Drives my GF crazy.

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Sep 1 2005, 03:11 PM
I just love to walk by these people that sit idling and waiting 5-10 minutes to get "close" to the door.? I'm in and out sometimes before they even get their close space :thumbsdown:
[snapback]165996[/snapback]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

I am glad to see that I am not alone.

I am taking a client to a breakfast meeting tomorrow morning, and the parking facilities were the first criteria I used when deciding where I should meet the guy.

Nothing infuriates me more than careless idiots who whack your doors.

We have a major problem here where people also dont bother aligning their cars evenly or straight in the parking spot. Instead of reversing and straightening out they will squeeze out of their car while their door rests against yours.

I now only park in single spots where NO cars can park next to me, or in spots where one side is an island. In this case I make sure that I park 1inch from the island side so there is a big gap between me and the car on the other side.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 325i 2007 Lexus G350

[quote name='UUronL' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:04 PM']
Hehehe. I park in the desolate part of the garage(s) at work - where the other fanatics park. No one comes near. I walk to the regular grocery store and Whole Foods, drive to Trader Joe's (but park in an unused lot next door)... I've stopped going to Costco entirely, and if I need to drive to a different grocery, I go late at night ~midnight or so.[quote]

Just last Sunday afternoon I pulled into our Whole Foods store and the police were there talking to two drivers in old cars. While checking out I asked the checker what was going on. With a smirk she said someone got his car door dinged and called the police, can you imagine? I told her I was glad it wasn't my car, I would've never called the police. That's why I carry a pellet gun in my car, retribution!

BTW - Our WholeFoods has the worst parking lot in town, with only a few slots sitting level, all others lean and are not very wide. Many Japanese cars do not have strong door stops, like BMW's have, so accidents are likely to happen. WholeFoods even has signs saying that they are not responsible for damage to cars in their parking lot. Texas leads the entire nation in truck/suv sales. Even little old ladies drive the big monsters, so dings are a problem here! Years ago I had a new Honda Accord and no matter where I parked at this store, it got banged-up. I go almost daily to WholeFoods for something or other and so far I've been lucky with my 325i, not one ding.

In contrast, our COTSCO has by far the best parking lot I have ever seen. All of the slots are on level ground and in addition, they are double-lined with extra space. You can park next to a truck and don't have to worry about dings.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

[quote=HughH' date='Sep 1 2005, 07:52 PM]
[quote name='UUronL' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:04 PM']
Hehehe. I park in the desolate part of the garage(s) at work - where the other fanatics park. No one comes near. I walk to the regular grocery store and Whole Foods, drive to Trader Joe's (but park in an unused lot next door)... I've stopped going to Costco entirely, and if I need to drive to a different grocery, I go late at night ~midnight or so.

Just last Sunday afternoon I pulled into our Whole Foods store and the police were there talking to two drivers in old cars. While checking out I asked the checker what was going on. With a smirk she said someone got his car door dinged and called the police, can you imagine? I told her I was glad it wasn't my car, I would've never called the police. That's why I carry a pellet gun in my car, retribution!

BTW - Our WholeFoods has the worst parking lot in town, with only a few slots sitting level, all others lean and are not very wide. Many Japanese cars do not have strong door stops, like BMW's have, so accidents are likely to happen. WholeFoods even has signs saying that they are not responsible for damage to cars in their parking lot. Texas leads the entire nation in truck/suv sales. Even little old ladies drive the big monsters, so dings are a problem here! Years ago I had a new Honda Accord and no matter where I parked at this store, it got banged-up. I go almost daily to WholeFoods for something or other and so far I've been lucky with my 325i, not one ding.

In contrast, our COTSCO has by far the best parking lot I have ever seen. All of the slots are on level ground and in addition, they are double-lined with extra space. You can park next to a truck and don't have to worry about dings.
[snapback]166124[/snapback]

Oh - I called the police once for a door ding (not my E60 thankfully) - the car was still there and you could see the red paint from it on my black door. The cop did -nothing-.

Our Whole Foods is a zoo - they've got valet parking - no shit. For the guys like me who don't like letting fools park their cars, they have crazed hippy "traffic directors" telling you when you can drive and where you can drive. I caught some flack from one of them once because I chose to ignore him - he had been tying us up for about 10 minutes not letting us circle the lot.

Costco is a zoo - always. No spots to be found, and no semblance of consideration. I once confronted an old bastard in a large SUV who I had just seen -hit- two different cars doing a 10-point exodus from a parking spot. He basically told me to get bent. I reported his ass to the Costco people but I doubt they did anything.