Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

inconsiderate bums

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic 545i

I was in my car about to leave the post office yesterday, when a guy pulled up next to me, he opened his door and whacked my passenger side door, I got out looked and asked what the guys problem was, his response was " oh that happens to me all the time, I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a big deal", I responded with it may be a big deal if there is a mark and even if there isn't why would you carelessly get out and hit someones door like that, the guy just mumbled and walked in. I was so furious, there was no mark or even scratch in my door but to me it was just the principle of the whole thing, that people just don't care, whether they are jealous, morons, stupid, who knows but they just don't care, especially when someone has a nice car and takes care of it. I don't care if I was driving a Pinto, it's mine, I would take care of it and people should respect that. It's sad. Lol just thought I would blow off some steam to people who do care about their beautiful cars.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by 05E60Black545i' date='Aug 31 2005, 02:12 PM
I was in my car about to leave the post office yesterday, when a guy pulled up next to me, he opened his door and whacked my passenger side door, I got out looked and asked what the guys problem was, his response was " oh that happens to me all the time, I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a big deal", I responded with it may be a big deal if there is a mark and even if there isn't why would you carelessly get out and hit someones door like that, the guy just mumbled and walked in.? I was so furious, there was no mark or even scratch in my door but to me it was just the principle of the whole thing, that people just don't care, whether they are jealous, morons, stupid, who knows but they just don't care, especially when someone has a nice car and takes care of it.? I don't care if I was driving a Pinto, it's mine, I would take care of it and people should respect that.? It's sad. Lol just thought I would blow off some steam to people who do care about their beautiful cars.
[snapback]165673[/snapback]
I could not agree with you more. I try to park as far away from other vehicles as I can. Usually, a rusted out Pinto or some other POS ends up squeezing up against my car, probably just to p*ss me off.

Venting as well.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

This seems to a international problem

I try to leave my car in a mall parking lot as far away from the entranceas possible.
I even often take "two spaces" for parking.

I have caught two times a scratcher in action, in even then, they try to explain a lot of bull that they did not do it...they DID PAY!!!

A good bumb or scratch cost a lot of $$$ to repair, so if you ever see anyboby harming anybobys car, write up the lincens number or take a cell phone pic and report it, please!
Old 08-31-2005, 12:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic 545i

thats so sad, that you've actually caught them in action, if I see a nice car, I say good for that person that he or she worked hard enough to be able to purchase it. For someone to deliberatly harm somebody elses property, is absurd, what the hell
Old 08-31-2005, 12:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:26 PM
This seems to a international problem

I try to leave my car in a mall parking lot as far away from the entranceas possible.

I have caught two times a scratcher in action, in even then, they try to explain a lot of bull that they did not do it...they DID PAY!!!

A good bumb or scratch cost a lot of $$$ to repair, so if you ever see anyboby harming anybobys car, write up the lincens number or take a cell phone pic and report it, please!
[snapback]165685[/snapback]
I agree! except the two spaces taken at parking! Try not to do that. Many people get angry when they see a car parked on too spaces...in fact if it's a jewel of a car like the E60 a scratch is guaranteed
Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 PM
Senior Members

Here's my technique, it seems to work pretty well - no dings in either car for over 6 years.

I always try to park in between two cars. I will also park in the more remote section of the lot.

By the time I return to my car, there is a smaller chance someone will have parked next to me and gotten out of their car. People don't throw their doors open when they get into their car, only when they're getting out.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Don't get me started

oh well too late time to vent

I have always respected everybody elses car or any property for that matter. I just don't see it any other way. I have driven some pretty s***y cars in my time but never at any time would I have not done a very careful dance to keep from even touching anything next to me. I wish others would do the same. Unfortunately, they do not so I, too, park far away from the maddening crowd unless the the parking lot has extra wide spaces and even that is not enough at times. I know how frustrating this is to many of us here. Some folks just don't get it.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
Members

Slash one of his tires, and if comes back with any questions say:

"Tires deflate all the time...no big deal!"
Old 08-31-2005, 12:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Aug 31 2005, 04:37 PM
[quote name='Ricracing' date='Aug 31 2005, 03:26 PM']This seems to a international problem

[snapback]165685[/snapback]
I agree! except the two spaces taken at parking! Try not to do that. Many people get angry when they see a car parked on too spaces...in fact if it's a jewel of a car like the E60 a scratch is guaranteed
[snapback]165694[/snapback]
[/quote]
Took the words right out of my mouth!
Old 08-31-2005, 01:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Hehehe. I park in the desolate part of the garage(s) at work - where the other fanatics park. No one comes near. I walk to the regular grocery store and Whole Foods, drive to Trader Joe's (but park in an unused lot next door)... I've stopped going to Costco entirely, and if I need to drive to a different grocery, I go late at night ~midnight or so.

I try to walk or Metro as much as possible, and I keep my car out of DC - opting to Metro instead. It is perfectly acceptable to play bumper cars when parallel parking in DC - no one thinks twice about it. Bumpers have scores of circles dug into rear bumpers from where the screw heads have been smashed into the plastic and paint. Don't get me started about the potholes there.

Quick Reply: inconsiderate bums