Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I'm not a fan of politics

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1036124' date='Oct 19 2009, 07:17 PM
AWG, I normally agree with a lot of your opinions, but as a retired Marine who actually fought for our country in Desert Storm, I am troubled to hear when one of our citizens wishes for a president to fail. If he fails, we all fail. All the sacrifices of my brothers and sisters-in arms (especially those who lost their lives) of past and present will have been for nothing. In times like these, we should put our political differences aside and press on and wish for our leaders to succeed in moving our country forward for the good of the common man. If you meant to say that he fails a particular agenda is one thing, but if you wish that he fails in everything then that means more trouble for the whole country. I wish the president and any president after him lots and lots of success in making this country the world-class leader that it once was and creating lots of opportunities for all its citizens. Thank you, Joe.

I think AWG should have elaborated on her statement a little more as it can be interpreted many different ways and is a very bold statement to make.

I think she wanted to say she doesn't want anything bad for the country, she just wants Obama to fail with his policies, with which she does not agree with.
I for one think, that if he fails to follow through with his intended policies, it would be better for the country. AWG does not want Obama to fail in a way that would tear apart the country.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='1036124
I think AWG should have elaborated on her statement a little more as it can be interpreted many different ways and is a very bold statement to make.

I think she wanted to say she doesn't want anything bad for the country, she just wants Obama to fail with his policies, with which she does not agree with.
I for one think, that if he fails to follow through with his intended policies, it would be better for the country. AWG does not want Obama to fail in a way that would tear apart the country.
Marc you nailed it. I dont want our country to struggle anymore than it already is. I just think our country will be in more trouble than we are in now if Obama follows through with some of his plans/policies. This is my opinion, so dont waste your time trying to convince me otherwise. Only time will tell.....
Old 10-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1036149' date='Oct 19 2009, 08:14 PM
Marc you nailed it.

Do I get a medal now?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1036194' date='Oct 19 2009, 08:04 PM
Do I get a medal now?
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I'm not particularly fond of some of Obama's policies, but neither was I ever a Bush fan. But above it all, I am never one of those people who sits on his ass and looks for people to blame for his troubles. I would, however, like to know who is responsible for the fact that it is now regarded almost patriotic to equate criticism of our government with treason and being "anti-American".

I don't know how many realize that as we sit here and debate on this or that, with each debate some of our freedoms are gradually disappearing and dissolving - be it under the umbrella of anti-terrorism or in the name of "public good"...

You kids wanna know about politics? ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY.

That's all there is to it. Next subject please
Old 10-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Contributors

Great responses. Interesting points.

"The U.S. Constitution does not say democracy" Sure it does! We the people (not dictator or group) in order to form a more prefect union (the US)... Now "we the people" has been replaced by "we the corporation".

Obama's Health Care policy - Uhmmmm... No! Obama dusted off Hillary Clintons version. Remember her plan during her husbands? administration. the Dems have been pushing this for years. This is not new! It's new to those who have just awaken to the political system! Rep. hated the idea because insurance companies are the new banks. Research Atena's payout vs. investment portfolio. It doesn't balance out. When was the last time you received a rebate check from your health insurance company?

This is not an American issue. We live in an interconnected world. What happens to one nation has an impact on all.

Universal Health care doesn't work on a large scale? Uhmmm... Research and study Nihon's (Japan's real name) Universal Health Care plan. Very productive.

America's issue is diversity and no middle ground. We are all fighting to get our little piece of the pie and screw our fellow American. Dem vs Rep. Black vs. White. Gay vs. Les. Rich vs. Poor. We we've done since 1700's is fight, bicker, and argue. But watch out! Because all the while, China is quietly increasing its hegemony in the world. It?s partnering with Asian and African nations for natural resources and doing so quite well! They surpass Japan's wealth next year. And you don't see any Chinese Mogadishu! - which was over oil. Do your research. They respect the people where they do business. China is also investing enormous amounts in South America. In 15 or 20 years the U.S. won't have to worry amount illegal aliens. All the jobs and wealth will be in South America.

We are moving slowly at becoming a Second Class Country!

I have mixed emotions. I lost my young adulthood, and now my middle age serving my nation - and yet when I retire I have no desire to live in the U.S. Because everyone in the US is worried about self!

My couple, three, four cents...
Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='1038182' date='Oct 22 2009, 11:33 AM
"The U.S. Constitution does not say democracy" Sure it does! We the people (not dictator or group) in order to form a more prefect union (the US)... Now "we the people" has been replaced by "we the corporation".
Say What? I don?t have the slightest idea of how, what you have added here, has added to the thread.

Where did you find the quote, "The U.S. Constitution does not say democracy"? I don?t see where the Preamble has the phrase ?not a dictator or group?. What is a prefect union? I don?t see ?we the corporation?.

My credentials don?t come near matching yours but I not some un-caring myrmidon who swallows every bit of drivel that comes his way!

Try again ? copy and paste a sentence or phrase (un-edited) from the Constitution that contains the word Democracy?

If you can?t do that just spend more time on some of your other arguments.

sixcard
Old 10-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by sixcard' post='1038241' date='Oct 22 2009, 06:51 PM
Try again ? copy and paste a sentence or phrase (un-edited) from the Constitution that contains the word Democracy?
It does not CONTAIN the word democracy, but it DESCRIBES it!

Guys, don't let this thread become ugly...
Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='1038374' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:12 PM
It does not CONTAIN the word democracy, but it DESCRIBES it!

I think it describes a representative republic, but that's just me.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

My point is that the U. S. is not a democracy and was never intended to be ... no matter how much you hear or how much you care to revise or interpret the Constitution.

And I consider it a very important distinction.

Sorry if any intent to get ugly is construed.

sixcard

Quick Reply: I'm not a fan of politics