Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I'm not a fan of politics

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1034677' date='Oct 17 2009, 01:02 PM
I hardly feel that I am a "slave" to the system.

I work my ass off, it gives me satisfaction, I buy nice things, I have fun, I pay my taxes, and I appreciate living in America.
That's exactly how it should work. Moral is a HUGE part of a society. I don't really understand how we are all "slaves"....of course we work for other people for a while...but we get paid for that. If you work hard you CAN be your own boss....no slavery here...

Of course we have to pay taxes, but taxes do A LOT more good than harm. They ensure the meat you eat isn't deseased. Taxes ensure that your steering column doesn't impail you in a crash. Taxes ensure you can have a good education. Taxes ensure that.......the list goes on.

Does anyone like paying taxes? No. But what would we have without taxes? Probably Anarchy. I don't consider myself a "slave"
Old 10-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

My favorites:

I'm not a fan of politics-democ_spec_spt.gif

I'm not a fan of politics-pol_prof.gif

I'm not a fan of politics-bartlet.gif

Old 10-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Contributors

i heard Obama promise a lot of things......honestly i cant wait for him to fail.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1034868' date='Oct 17 2009, 08:38 PM
i heard Obama promise a lot of things......honestly i cant wait for him to fail.
+1. I just hope it doesn't cause too much damage in the process....
Old 10-17-2009, 05:00 PM
Contributors

Must be nice to sit on the sidelines and pass judgement over the players.

Everyone in the thread who has run for public office please raise your hand! Ok then, everyone who has served in the military please raise your hand... OK, then everyone who has started a NPO or works pro-bono please raise your hand.... It`s easy to point fingers and says ignorant statements like I can`t wait to see him fail. Maybe the name should be Apline White Trash Girl. At least he is serving the country in someway. What have you done for your country?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='1034874' date='Oct 17 2009, 09:00 PM

Everyone in the thread who has run for public office please raise your hand! Ok then, everyone who has served in the military please raise your hand... OK, then everyone who has started a NPO or works pro-bono please raise your hand.... It`s easy to point fingers and says ignorant statements like I can`t wait to see him fail. Maybe the name should be Apline White Trash Girl. At least he is serving the country in someway. What have you done for your country?
I would be cautious as to who you challenge to a "what have you done for your country" face-off. I could make a list every night before I go to bed.

good day.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='1034874' date='Oct 18 2009, 03:00 AM

I'm raising both hands, can you see me?

I am a politician and I did work for a global NGO pro bono for years.
Do you wanna discuss politics and Obama with me?

Old 10-18-2009, 02:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='1034874' date='Oct 17 2009, 09:00 PM
Tell me what "sidelines" you speak of.

I have paid and continue to pay a hell of alot of my life into the game. And my children, grand children and great grand children will pay even more.

We are the players and we damn sure need to pass judgement.

sixcard
Old 10-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ruf930' post='1034874
Tell me what "sidelines" you speak of.

I have paid and continue to pay a hell of alot of my life into the game. And my children, grand children and great grand children will pay even more.

We are the players and we damn sure need to pass judgement.

sixcard
Old 10-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='1035101' date='Oct 18 2009, 10:28 AM
I will sit back and pass judgement whenever i want. You should expect it when running for any position of power. Its funny how liberals sat back and pounded Bush but now everyone should just shut up about Obama. Alpine White Trash Girl? Thats nice buddy.... idiot

You are absolutely right, as a working tax payer living in a democracy you have every right to pass judgement. People are all queuing up to talk down Obama I think they are premature, I recon he should be judged on what he has achieved by the end of his first term and not now (give the guy a chance).

At least you got to elect your leader, i am stuck with a complete idiot who only inherited the PM job (no love lost here for Brown). To make things worse I dont like the look of the party who is taking power next either, and there is no point even thinking about voting for the liberal dumcraps. They are the combination of both evils, they wanted to set road tax to ?2K a year (what a great move that would be). I guess the next election outcome doesnt matter for the UK anyway now that my country has been pretty much signed over to the control of the EU, with Tony (peace envoy ) Blair installed as the new President of the United States of Europe I might emigrate out of the EU zone. I would have prefered my country to sign up to the US constitution and become the 51st state, i think the UK has more in common with your guys than any country of Europe at least we speak the same language.

So never let anyone tell you that you have no right to pass judgement when you see fit, it is what our grandparents fought the Axis forces for in both wars.

Quick Reply: I'm not a fan of politics