Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I need to rant about my peice of crap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054865' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:16 PM
Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681
Motor Vehicle Sales Warranties
Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/FL_law.html

It is 3 occurances of the same issue within 45 days of eachother, within the first two years of purchase.

not gonna happen.
Craig,

I wouldn't blame you for never dealing with BMW again. I always look for a quality product, but quality customer service can always win my business for a comparable or slightly less comparable product.

I would never condone violence, but it is easy to see how some poor soul with just a little less to live for, or just a little less sense might just walk in and start shootin up things.

With all the guerilla tactics by the large banks and credit card companies, (even though they owe their existence to our tax bailouts) I would not be surprised if we see workplace violence at one of these institutions before the end of the year.

Customer service and accountability is hard to find these days.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rogerj' post='1054878' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:33 PM
Craig,

I wouldn't blame you for never dealing with BMW again. I always look for a quality product, but quality customer service can always win my business for a comparable or slightly less comparable product.

I would never condone violence, but it is easy to see how some poor soul with just a little less to live for, or just a little less sense might just walk in and start shootin up things.

With all the guerilla tactics by the large banks and credit card companies, (even though they owe their existence to our tax bailouts) I would not be surprised if we see workplace violence at one of these institutions before the end of the year.

Customer service and accountability is hard to find these days.
It is. I am not a violent person, but I can be very intimidating when I am angry. Thank you United States Army. I spoke to my father before while I was waiting for the tow truck. He asked me what I was going to do to rectify the situation, I told him I was going to go there on monday and make the service manager cry.

I made a soldier cry once, I surely can make the service manager cry.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054883' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:39 PM
Details please?

Just walk into the dealership like this

Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054865' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:16 PM
Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681

It is 3 occurances of the same issue within 45 days of eachother, within the first two years of purchase.

not gonna happen.
I do not seem to see the 45 day requirement (3 attempts to fix the problem within 45 days of each other as applied to cars) you cite in the Florida Lemon Law statute. Here is a website from the Florida Division of Consumer Affairs that explains the precise requirements for eligibility under the Florida Lemon Law and provides a hotline for you to call with questions: http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw/doeslem....html#question1

What is key is that the Florida Lemon Law applies only to new cars. There is a more pro-consumer standard for cars and a less pro-consumer standard for recreational vehicles. In any event, check out the website as it explains the protections afforded by the Florida Lemon Law in an easy to understand manner.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1054889' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:43 PM
Details please?

Just walk into the dealership like this

hahahahahah. just start throwing smoothies on cars in the showroom. He was repeatedly late for work, so he got some corrective training, and I was quite hard on him. He threw up too. He shaped up pretty good and turned out to be a great Soldier.

There was also another Soldier that I told if she didn't self refer herself to the Army Substance Abuse Program, I was going to the Commander and First Sergeant. She was an alcoholic, she cried too. A self referral is much better then a command referral. She went, I have no clue how she is doing now. I left for Iraq and she didnt come. When I got back I got out of the Army.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1054893' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:49 PM
I do not seem to see the 45 day requirement (3 attempts to fix the problem within 45 days of each other as applied to cars) you cite in the Florida Lemon Law statute. Here is a website from the Florida Division of Consumer Affairs that explains the precise requirements for eligibility under the Florida Lemon Law and provides a hotline for you to call with questions: http://www.800helpfla.com/lemonlaw/doeslem....html#question1

What is key is that the Florida Lemon Law applies only to new cars. There is a more pro-consumer standard for cars and a less pro-consumer standard for recreational vehicles. In any event, check out the website as it explains the protections afforded by the Florida Lemon Law in an easy to understand manner.
I will look. I thought I saw something about the problem arising within 15 days of eachother, 3 times (that is where I got the 45 days from, I didnt actually see that)

Thanks for looking out. I seem to have many different problems rather then one problem repeatedly (except for the shifter and steering column)
Old 11-14-2009, 03:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054896' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:51 PM
I will look. I thought I saw something about the problem arising within 15 days of eachother, 3 times (that is where I got the 45 days from, I didnt actually see that)

Thanks for looking out. I seem to have many different problems rather then one problem repeatedly (except for the shifter and steering column)
No prob. Any time Craig. The website really does provide a great explanation of exactly when a consumer has met the requirements of the Lemon Law.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i, Sport and Premium package, Titanium Silver with Black Dakota Leather interior

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054883' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:39 PM
It is. I am not a violent person, but I can be very intimidating when I am angry. Thank you United States Army. I spoke to my father before while I was waiting for the tow truck. He asked me what I was going to do to rectify the situation, I told him I was going to go there on monday and make the service manager cry.

Hahaha! Please get this on tape. The smoothie incident was one of the best live play-by-play threads ever.

For added tears... I would rent a commercial looking video camera and have a friend carry the camera and follow you with a small microphone clipped to the front of your shirt
Old 11-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054865' date='Nov 14 2009, 04:16 PM
Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681

not gonna happen.
Craig, maybe I misread the statute, but I don't see it's three occurrences within 45 days, but more to the point you can fall back on the 30 days out of service provision (which is the same as the rule out here in California).

EDIT - I see SDG beat me to it! Either way - I think you may have a case here.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='1054908' date='Nov 14 2009, 08:04 PM
Craig, maybe I misread the statute, but I don't see it's three occurrences within 45 days, but more to the point you can fall back on the 30 days out of service provision (which is the same as the rule out here in California).

EDIT - I see SDG beat me to it! Either way - I think you may have a case here.
Here is the key question and answer about eligibility from the website of the Florida Dep't of Consumer Affairs:

Have you taken the vehicle to the dealership or an authorized service agent at least 3 times for the SAME substantial defect or condition or has the vehicle been out of service for at least 15 cumulative calendar days due to one or more substantial defect or conditions?

There must be three repair attempts for the same defect or condition, OR at least 15 cumulative calendar days out of service for one or more defects or conditions, before submitting the Motor Vehicle Defect Notification . If you do not have the required number of repair attempts or days out of service, then continue to take the vehicle to the dealer for repairs.
Please Note: If your complaint is based on the vehicle being out of service for 15 or more days the manufacturer or its authorized agent has the opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. If the vehicle still does not conform to the warranty for a total of 30 or more days and the manufacturer has had the opportunity to repair, you are entitled to request arbitration.

Quick Reply: I need to rant about my peice of crap