Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I need to rant about my peice of crap

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So as you may know, I have been experiencing HPFP problems. The dealer has been playing games with me for the past two weeks. I have heard:

"We will call you back and let you know about a loaner"
"we scheduled you an appointment, you didnt show up"
"we dont have any loaners"
"we cant get you a rental right now"

Yesterday it broke down, got it started and barely made it to work. then I heard:

"alright, we will have enterprise call you"

They never did....

So today, I woke up and got ready for work. I was gonna limp to work, but I broke down. In an intersection. Blocking traffic. It wouldn't start. I AM FURIOUS...

So i call the BMW dealer, and tell the poor front desk girl "this peice of shit broke down, someone needs to come get it right now" She gives me the roadside assistance number and those MOTHER FUCKERS (excuse my language) call a tow truck close to the dealer as opposed to close to me. (dealer is an hour away).

So i wait... and the guy comes and gets my car. I have a friend drive me to work. I have no way of getting home in the morning. I now have to log 2 hours of personal time, which is worth about $50 an hour to me, have NO transportation, and to make matters worse, when I called the dealer back, no answer. they are supposed to be open until 6.

Then the tow truck driver tells me:

Feilds BMW doesnt have a secure lot. we will have to secure it in ours and drop it off sometime on monday.

I want to be reimbursed for a premium rental or be pro-rated for the time they have my car (off my lease payment) I have no way of even getting to the dealership when the car is done, whenever it will be done, to get it. I have no way of getting to class on monday. I am furious.

I will never own another BMW. not soley because of car, because of the horrible customer service

THEN i got a verbal lashing from my boss about how this is a 24 hour operation and being late is never acceptable, as I am the only person on shift.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

That's horrible. How many times have you had the same HPFP problem? Sounds like it might be time to talk to a Lemon Law attorney.

Craig, I do think that a lot of the problem lies with your dealership as opposed to BMW corporate. I have had a wonderful service experience from the two BMW dealers where I've bought my 540 and 550 (Park Avenue BMW in Maywood and Circle BMW in Eatontown). I never had a problem getting a loaner from either (although Circle, unlike Park Ave at the time when I had my 540, gives BMW loaners). I have never experienced the kind of antics over appointments that you report. It soulds like you need to go to another dealer.

But the bigger issue is, if you want to dump the car, can you invoke the Lemon Law?

I so damn sick of hearing from legions of members about the HPFP failures. It is totally unacceptable for BMW not to fix this. Given the pervasiveness of the issue, I am glad that I went 550 rather than 535 although, given my long history with V8s, it was never in doubt that I was going 550.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1054853' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:04 PM
That's horrible. How many times have you had the same HPFP problem? Sounds like it might be time to talk to a Lemon Law attorney.

Craig, I do think that a lot of the problem lies with your dealership as opposed to BMW corporate. I have had a wonderful service experience from the two BMW dealers where I've bought my 540 and 550 (Park Avenue BMW in Maywood and Circle BMW in Eatontown). I never had a problem getting a loaner from either (although Circle, unlike Park Ave at the time when I had my 540, gives BMW loaners). I have never experienced the kind of antics over appointments that you report. It soulds like you need to go to another dealer.

But the bigger issue is, if you want to dump the car, can you invoke the Lemon Law?

I so damn sick of hearing from legions of members about the HPFP failures. It is totally unacceptable for BMW not to fix this. Given the pervasiveness of the issue, I am glad that I went 550 rather than 535 although, given my long history with V8s, it was never in doubt that I was going 550.
I have had the same HPFP problem for a long time. I think the federal law states something like at least 3 occurances of the same issue. I will research it. I have now had a steering column and shifter problem twice, but i dont think those will count.

Since I am kind of a douchebag, I couldnt help but think of how many people were driving by and laughing at me in their $1200 cars. My ego is crushed. I am going to sue BMW for pain and suffering.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054858' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:09 PM
I have had the same HPFP problem for a long time. I think the federal law states something like at least 3 occurances of the same issue. I will research it. I have now had a steering column and shifter problem twice, but i dont think those will count.

Since I am kind of a douchebag, I couldnt help but think of how many people were driving by and laughing at me in their $1200 cars. My ego is crushed. I am going to sue BMW for pain and suffering.
No chance of recovering emotional distress damages for the failure of a product where the plaintiff was not physically injured.

You should check the Florida Lemon Law to see what it provides. It could be more favorable.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054858' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:09 PM
I have had the same HPFP problem for a long time. I think the federal law states something like at least 3 occurances of the same issue. I will research it.
Careful Craig, don't wake the forum lawyers

That sucks man, hope you get it all sorted out! It's insane that they still haven't figured out this problem. Are you planning on applying lemon law if it happens a third time?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Contributors

Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681
Motor Vehicle Sales Warranties
Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act

http://www.carlemon.com/lemon/FL_law.html

It is 3 occurances of the same issue within 45 days of eachother, within the first two years of purchase.

not gonna happen.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054865' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:16 PM
Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681

It is 3 occurances of the same issue within 45 days of eachother, within the first two years of purchase.

not gonna happen.
Wow, that is a tough standard to meet. Not surprising to me given that Florida'a statutes tend to be very pro-business.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='1054865' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:16 PM
Florida Lemon Law
Chapter 681

not gonna happen.
Wow that's a bitch of a loop hole. Everyone knows the pump is going to fail at LEAST 5 million times in the life of the car, but not within 45 days. That sucks...
Old 11-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi' post='1054870' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:19 PM
Wow that's a bitch of a loop hole. Everyone knows the pump is going to fail at LEAST 5 million times in the life of the car, but not within 45 days. That sucks...
Yes, the "within 45 days" requirement is absurd. I guarantee you that that provision was written by lobbyists from the automotive industry as it is so anti-consumer.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1054875' date='Nov 14 2009, 07:30 PM
Yes, the "within 45 days" requirement is absurd. I guarantee you that that provision was written by lobbyists from the automotive industry as it is so anti-consumer.
Yea that blows....

How are the laws in California? Because Dbae got his car lemon lawed...

Quick Reply: I need to rant about my peice of crap