Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

I am gone for good

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Titanium Gray 550i, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Shadowline trim, Parking Distance Conrol, Xenon, Adaptive Headlight Control, Navigation System, Satellite

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1018952' date='Sep 28 2009, 01:12 AM
I appreciate and understand your intentions but the context of this thread (and some related ones) are where my thoughts came from so in my opinion, it wasn't buried, it was right where it should be as a part of this ongoing soap opera.

Hopefully, everyone who reads it will understand where I'm coming from and where we need to get back to...
Rudy,

You are a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='1018913
I was extremely disappointed to learn late last evening the things that transpired here between some of our members and Diamond. I know that due to his past (and present) postings, people's fuses were a bit short when it comes to a level of tolerance but in my mind, giving someone a chance usually means allowing for more than a few hours to elapse between the time you start the toleration phase and the time you lose it and go off on a guy. Once the stuff hit the fan, as others have said, it became a bit of a mob scene where people just piled on and didn't let up. On this forum, there's no need to create a situation where someone gets "Owned" because a few people jump to a conclusion or make an accusatory statement and before anyone seeks (or gets) clarification on the matter, they hang the guy out to dry. (Now in the case of quad_m, that's another matter...

The fact that Diamond has decided he doesn't want to be a part of this scene anymore, to me, says a lot. First, I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that he ultimately chose such drastic action so quickly after his return. Some have said he needs to have a thicker skin and to an extent, I agree. One thing I'll say in his defense, however, is that I know that at least one post (and possibly more) was edited from the original version that Diamond was able to read. I believe Diamond reacted based on his seeing some information that was personal in nature that just didn't need to be posted (or reposted) here -- regardless of how many people already had knowledge about it or not. What I'm trying to say is that the people who may be judging Diamond for not having a very thick skin may not be reading everything that was originally posted which means it may not be very fair to judge him based on the content of the thread as it appears on the forum now. What good was accomplished by throwing personal information and attacks out there again for everyone to see? :thumbsdown:
Sorry to disappoint you Rudy, but I'm not going to sit idly by while a banned member bashes a respected member/vendor and friend. I will not let misinformation about a trusted member/vendor/friend go unrefuted. I didn't post any private information, I posted public information on a public forum. The info I posted was here for approximately 10 minutes. I did edit my post because after rereading it, I decided it was over the top, and regretted posting it. I am sorry I posted when I was angry, I could have done a better job articulating my point with out taking a shot at Diamond.

Do you really think Diamond doesn't already have another alias and is following this thread? Come on... he's reading this as we post.

Also, in all fairness you made no mention of Diamond's personal attack of RPi/Eloy. Diamond is no gem...Diamond/sleepy called RPi cocky and accused them of selling a pieced together exhaust from a 545 that they failed to engineer to a 530, among other attacks. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Finally (but not because I've said everything that's on my mind, I'm just not able to think as clearly as I'd like to be before adding to this rant), I'd like to point out to and/or remind everyone that in addition to the "Report" function of the forum sofware that you may use if you feel a post needs to be reviewed by the mods or admins, there is an "Ignore" function that you can feel free to use when there's a member here who you would rather not participate in discussions with nor read any of their posts. I think there are a few members here who would have done this forum a great service if they would have chosen to ignore another member and not vented their frustrations in public.
I agree with this post as I am one of these members and I am sorry for not doing a better job of articulating my frustration with Diamond without snapping. I will add that I think there are a few mods that would have done this forum a great service had they chosen not to alienate the rest of the forum in favor of one banned member.

I hope that everyone who may have contributed to this mess takes the time to really stop and think about what they can do to help prevent these things from occurring in the future and maybe consider what they may be able to do to help repair any damage that was done in the current situation.
+1
Old 09-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

wow.... just wow
Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

what happens when respect disappears...

Old 09-28-2009, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

DRANGED, are you speaking for yourself or on behalf of everyone here? Did Sleepy hurt you that much? Really?

Are you sure that the decision by me to wait and see if Diamond had learned from his past mistakes instead of instantly banning him "alienated the rest of the forum in favor of one banned member" as you claim? Are you sure he "lost the respect of this forum 5 aliases ago" as well?

You say you didn't want to "sit idly by while a member bashes a respected member/vendor and friend." Okay, I get it. So does that mean now you're the self-appointed new Sheriff in town? A few weeks ago, we went through a similar thing and made it clear that there are other ways of dealing with members who bash other members. As you said, you probably shouldn't have posted while you were angry. I'm not entirely sure if you were angry or not when you posted your replies to me though.

As far as a "horrible precedence" being set, don't worry, this isn't a court of law. I think we're perfectly able to can take each case as we see them and deal with them in the best interests of the forum. We may not please everyone every time but I think we'll probably make more good decisions than bad ones.

Although we are likely to disagree more than we agree on this subject, thanks for taking the time to post your position to help all of us understand your point of view.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Ok, before I start a couple replies here I have to say, I am still extremely disappointed, espacially with some of the veteran members that I considered as friends.

I am pretty much done with our forum.
I have lost my passion for it, this is NOT home anymore, it's just business.

So, I guess, I am from now on the policeman... hiding... waiting for someone to do something wrong and hunt him down, then giving him a ticket.

Unless everyone helps making this place the one it has been known for so many years.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='1018630
If you don't have any better thing to say, STFU! Let's treat each other with respect and dignity. Character counts
Old 09-28-2009, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1018912
And now, Rudy, we'd like to have a word with you about posting them long-ass tirades
And I would like to ban you for making fun about everything, even VERY SERIOUS stuff!
What's your point?
This is a serious post!
Don't bring this to the Kindergarten level!

Oh, and S..., YOU TOO!
You are doing the same everywhere.
Having fun is OK, but you have to know when to STFU!

This right here was one of those posts where to STFU!

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1018938' date='Sep 28 2009, 07:51 AM
+1000 Rudy as I said in another post, you and Iceman are the voices of reason. (ones that probably shouldn't need to be voiced as often as they have lately) And yes, I managed to read you entire post
We are the mods. It is OUR job to watch this forum.
It is a shame that we now have to police you guys!

And when we chime in you guys shouldn't start making fun, you should start thinking about what the F is going on!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1018970
So what?? Diamond is a known pathological liar and a banned member of this forum. RPi is a repected vendor/member and friend to hundreds of members of this forum. There is a slight difference between the two members, I need not delve further into the differences.

Read Diamond's incoherent posts, it's important to call because emails can be misconstrued due to poor writing skills and incoherent thoughts. One should always exhaust every possible form of communication before resorting to venting on a public forum. The telephone was never used by Diamond to communicate with RPi. BTW, This percieved "terrible experience with RPi" had nothing to do with a low hanging exhaust, it had to do RPi refusal to share proprietary information with Diamond. When RPi refused to share this proprietary information, an upset Diamond vented on the forum. Notice there are no other disgruntled RPi customers here. There is more to this bashing than meets the eye.

You're right, the differences were ultimately solved. The problems Diamond had with the low hanging exhaust were problems HE created due to him mounting the exhaust improperly. A thread with the title "Terrible Experience with RPI" remains. RPi got dragged throught the mud for no reason. At a minimum the title of that thread should be altered to reflect what really happened, not Diamond's perception of what happened.

I agree with this post as I am one of these members and I am sorry for not doing a better job of articulating my frustration with Diamond without snapping. I will add that I think there are a few mods that would have done this forum a great service had they chosen not to alienate the rest of the forum in favor of one banned member.

+1 One exception, Diamond lost the respect of this forum 5 aliases ago.

+1

Again... RPI...
I don't repeat myself here.

You accuse Diamond of beeing a pathological liar.
Do this with me and a lawsuit will be settled faster than you can say sorry.
If you have proof, let us know.
If not STFU!
It is OUR job, not yours!

He might have lost respect, yes. We haven't banned him for nothing.
But everyone deserves a second chance.
All his prior accounts that were banned are counted as his FIRST chance, since it was the continuing try to be a member of the community.
He was gone for quite a while and when he came back no one noticed!
He does deserve a second chance!
He is a real enthusiast... only has a little problem with his posting style.
Don't like it?
Report it!
Again: It's OUR job!

Quick Reply: I am gone for good