Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='619465' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:23 AM
If I ever see any E60's parked in 2 spots, I'm keying, puncturing and breaking glass.

PS - And if there's a nice deck lid spoiler on the car (preferrably RDSport or Vorsteiner), I'll be ripping it off and taking it with me. I need a new spoiler.
LOL... some ones showin there gangster!!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by s4iscool' post='619498' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:57 AM
parking at the end doesnt work all the time, I saw a lexus is park at the end of the grocery lot, and when I came out, I saw a shopping cart smashed into its side. You can never completely isolate yourself from some incident or accident. Just live with it.
Believe it or not, I also take into consideration the "shopping-cart factor" whan choosing a space. Don't ever park in a space that is downhill from an area where people will leave a cart!
Old 07-09-2008, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E90 330i + E60 550i

i believe you because I do it too IM just not so anal about it now. People will still find a way to screw with a nice car.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire/ Black leather, NAV, Sports Pkg, Active Steering, Shadow Trim, PDC, Heated Seats/Wheel, Logic 7 Sound, 6 Disc Changer, Blue Tooth, Comfort Access/Seats, ACS Aluminum Pedals, Bi-Xenon lamps and MTEC 2X Super White Foglights

Well I think the replies surprised the thread starter! Anyway, I too feel the appropriate spot is key but it can be only 1. I can't believe anyone would have the balls to park in the spot for those with infants or take up more than 1 in a crowded lot.....that would just be begging people for a key mark or two. The best way around it for me.....I leave the 550i at home when going to places like Target and the grocery store and take the 'Ol 2001 commuter Ford Taurus......there I said it, I'm not proud of it, but I said it......I have a Ford Taurus and I'm glad I do! It was my wife's Co car before she took an early retirement to lay around the house, watch Oprah and eat BonBons (oh yeah and raise our kids...a 1 and 2 year old). I bought it for cheap from my wife's company as a third car and it has run great (beater). My car has no dings whatsoever and I owe it all to the Ford.

Why is it that people love to hate male bimmer drivers?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by BigMike' post='619437' date='Jul 9 2008, 08:58 AM
One space for me. I don't think it's even possible to find enough parking spaces to park in the middle of two spaces here in Taipei! hehehe. I've gotten a few door dinks the past year but got those fixed really easily.

See the picture below? There's only enough space between cars that when you go to open the door, you have to squeeze your way in. I think they used a Hyundai compact car as a parking space size reference... LOL
Damn, there really is no space in the pix. I guessing the majority of the people there are not large in size and the spaces where scaled for thin biult drivers and passengers.

BTW, The only time I would take 2 spots is if Im at my apartment where I own both spaces and my girls car is not home. Other then that, park far or next to a concrete garage post. That way I get more room and not have to worry about the passenger side next to the post getting dinged.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

http://www.iparklikeanidiot.com/

I have some of those stickers, and will put them on bumpers. Its great to put one on a employee car and send out a company email with a pic.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Anthracite Maple | 6 Speed Manual | Sport Package | Logic 7 | Sirius Satellite Radio
Model Year: 2005

When you have no choice but to park between cars here are a couple other suggestions:
- Try to avoid parking near a two door car. They have larger doors and require a wider opening to enter.
- In your parking spot, position your car so it is closer to the car with the passenger side near you, hoping the car only has a driver and nobody will open the passenger side doors.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:13 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619402' date='Jul 9 2008, 08:07 AM
Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?
He is right, you are an egoistic a$$hole.
What is so special about you or your car that lets you take two parking spots?
You and people like you give other BMW drivers bad name.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

I ONLY park in one spot, it's an ethical thing for me....to quote Immanuel Kant's Categorical Imperative ...."Always act in such a way that the principles guiding the will could become the basis of a universal law" In other words, do only what you would be comfortable having EVERYBODY do. AKA "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" I really do live this way and I am trying to instill this in my children too, telling them to never be the "Exception" the one who does as they please with NO concern for rules, laws or other people. Parking in 2 or more spaces says to others, "I am better than you, and deserve special treatment" Believe me, take up more than one space and I guarantee that eventually you will get "special treatment" in the form of vandalism. Don't get me wrong, I love my car too and I take every precaution necessary to keep it pristine, but within the guidelines of my own personal ethics! I will now step off the soapbox and SHUT MY DAMN MOUTH!!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

One spot only for me. Double-parking is begging for vandalism. This thread reminded me of a Flash game from a few years ago called "How to Park Like a Ricer" or something to that effect. The object was to take up as many parking spots as possible. If you take up the maximum spots, you'd get a message like "Congratulations! You have managed to take up EIGHT parking spaces! You are now a complete A&&HOLE!" Anybody remember that game?

Quick Reply: How do you park?