Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

How do you park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i - Black on Black - Sport&Premium

Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

Originally Posted by E60freak' post='619402' date='Jul 9 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi folfs,

I was parking this morning at work when a guy (passing buy me in his car) asks me if there is something preventing me from parking in only one spot (since I always park on the yellow line and take 2). I just said that people don't care about their cars as much as I care about mine and that, parking like I do prevents them from ruining my paint job.

He then looks at me and says: Well we all know that people who drive BMW's are all ass holes anyway...

And he drives away...I mean he got me all pissed and didn't even stay around to let me fire a come back (I had a great one loooool)

So what do you guys do or think ???

1 or 2 spots ?

i park in 1 but that guy is just jealous what car was he in btw?
Old 07-09-2008, 05:22 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nyceric03' post='619404' date='Jul 9 2008, 09:14 AM
i park in 1 but that guy is just jealous what car was he in btw?

2000ish honda civic....hahahah
Old 07-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Just 1. I don't like it when folks take 2 spots either, sorry... And I am concerned about my paint as well, so I just park far away or on the roof where few others park.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

I always park in one spot. Usually an end spot away from everyone else. I too agree with you, no one cares about other people's cars. I would probably watch out though because there are ahters out there. My friend had his car keyed severely when parking in two spots. A few years back I took up to two spots, not in my E60 but another car I had. I made sure I parked all the way at the back of the lot. I came out of work that day and someone slashed one of my tires. So becareful out there.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

Taking up two spaces when you park can get you fined and/or towed if you do it at the wrong place. And I know cops who would just love to write such tickets becasue they will tack on every fine they can imagine because 1-you are wasting their time, 2-they figure you have the money for it.

I never take up two spaces when I park - its too damn stupid. I'll park at the far end instead.

If you are that obsessed about your car then leave it in your garage and take a taxi.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i' post='619411' date='Jul 9 2008, 09:23 AM
I always park in one spot. Usually an end spot away from everyone else. I too agree with you, no one cares about other people's cars. I would probably watch out though because there are ahters out there. My friend had his car keyed severely when parking in two spots. A few years back I took up to two spots, not in my E60 but another car I had. I made sure I parked all the way at the back of the lot. I came out of work that day and someone slashed one of my tires. So becareful out there.
Well I park at the back of the lot, and there is like 50 free spots at any given time so it's not like I am using 2 very good spots in a full parking....

Yea it sounds like im going for one just to prevent something stupid from happening...but not right away...I can't just let him win !
Old 07-09-2008, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

One spot and try to park close to the end to give me more space.

I find that if you take 2 space, people will find ways to key your car which is far more worse than a door ding.

anyways, good luck.
to me if i see a nice car taking up two space, i don't really get bothered by it.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

taken 2 spots is not right, regardless what you drive or who you are.

I usually park at the far corner of a lot where not too many cars around. But still just 1 spot, not 2 not 3.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:41 AM
Contributors

Location: Milky Way, Earth, N. America, CA, San Jose, 95136, Latitude N 37� 16.837, Longitude W 121� 50.461
My Ride: 2004 530i | Sapphire Black | Sport | Premium | NAV | Logic 7 | DPE R07 Variant S Gloss Black with Polished Lip 20x8.5 front 20x10 rear | Falken FK452 tires 245/30/20 front 275/30/20 rear | H&R Coilovers | Smoked Tail Lights | M5 trunk spoiler | AC Schnitzer style roof spoiler | HID 8000K headlights & foglights | 35% tint all around | Sprint Booster | Speed Innovation ECU tuning | M5 trunk finisher | M-Tech body kit | Remus Quad Exhaust | AC Schnitzer style pedals | Euro Stickers | RPi Ram Air Induction | Smoked LED Side Lenses | AC Schnitzer style e-brake handle | AC Schnitzer style shifter | AC Schnitzer style iDrive knob | AC Schnitzer style carbon fiber diffuser | carbon fiber hood/trunk/steering emblems | carbon fiber grilles | carbon fiber door pillars | MTEC v2 Angel Eyes | Hamann style carbon fiber splitter

I try to find a spot where there is one car on either side and a wall, curb, post, etc. on the other side... so there is only a chance of one other car to be next to mine.

Quick Reply: How do you park?