Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Hey Formula 1 Fans

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilchwitz' post='258182' date='Mar 22 2006, 02:11 AM
It is my understanding that the chassis development and production are at the Sauber facility in Switzerland. The engine development is in Munich and the production, I believe, is in Landshut.

Nice info...but where can i find more infor about that?

Don't get me wrong, I hope that BMW does really well this year but I think wins are too much to expect. As far as the contribution of the driver it is, of course, important but the whole package is what counts. It is what made MS so successful. Good car, good driver, good team and good co-ordination. (Having Ruebens running interference didn't hurt either.)

Agree. The whole package counts. What i tried to point out is the fact that if the driver is rather modest in results (not to say weak) it will also reflect to the car's performance, since the driver and test driver are the ones that dictate the set-ups of the car to the engineers. On the other way if the driver is very good and the team/car is weak the overall results are going to be bad. Put Schumacher on the worst team in F1 and you'll see that it won't matter too much the fact that he's bright, skilled and fast. That was my point. The driver plays a key role. The raw material of the car is yes the team's attirbute. The mechanical stuff about the car. The driver only dictates the set-up and that's smth rather important also.

For those who are knocking Alonso, he is the real deal. Don't sell him short. He is smart, young and very fast.

Agree with that. I said that Michael is kinda history, if not this season, the next, if not the next, 2-3 max 4 seasons from now (imo), while those young drivers have the entire future at their disposal. Alonso seems to be the top driver now. From what i know he is already sold for the next season. Didn't catch the team wich he signed with.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 528i
Model Year: 2011

"Nice info...but where can i find...."

There's alot of info available at the F1 websites. Try www.BMW-Sauber-F1.com to start. Also F1.com and f1-live.com

I'm already looking forward to Australia.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by ats77' post='257813' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:45 PM
Sorry my friend let some stuff clear, so Williams did not let BMW to develop new engine and other technics, I was very happy when the broke up. I am willing the BMW will perform better at leas killed the toyota that was already a thing to be happy about, but they should push it harder a bit to be among winners

ps. I wud kick Kliens a$$ for killing Kimi, he is the best after MS you will see that age is not only advantage, experience what counts.

PS2. who the ##### is Alonso?
ps. I wud kick Kliens a$$ for killing Kimi, he is the best

Here here again the guy can't buy a break but his 3rd in Bahrain from last on grid was special shows how good he is when MS could only finish 6th from a 14th pos on grid.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:16 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='257831' date='Mar 21 2006, 02:56 AM
Yeah right...nobody <_<
World champion...

I drive a BMW for the past 25 years,
my first was 1977 2002 and today i am dring a 545 (a total of 6 BMWs)...

Formula is a different ball game, i watched the race in Bahrain it was a super race lot of events, unfortunaty BMW has no presence, while williams look strong.

Ferrari is THE formula one history and their no doubt that Shumi is a living legend...

I beleive that BMW has lots of work to do to compete in the formula one......

Cheers
Old 04-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Senior Members

Good results by BMW Sauber. 4th and 6th place.
Didn't see the race, it was too early to get up . But i understand it was spectacular.
Keine win for Scumy GO Alonso!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='263602' date='Apr 2 2006, 04:09 AM
Good results by BMW Sauber. 4th and 6th place.
Didn't see the race, it was too early to get up . But i understand it was spectacular.
Keine win for Scumy GO Alonso!!!
Got up at 6am in the morning to see the race on TV and yes, it was worth every minute of it.
I felt sorry for Webber blowing his engine a few meters before the finish.
BMW did fantastic, but my son is full of Alonso ever since we went to Spain on vacation last year and
we raced a few times at the Go-Kart track where Alonso used to practice as a boy.
Damnd guy now seems to win most of it, which makes me very defenseless against my son's euphoria

But in the mean time I took revenche by picking up my brand new BMW Sauber F1 cap all for free at the Dealer after subscription through the bmw website.

anyone else here got this cool item?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='257796' date='Mar 20 2006, 10:58 PM
anybody planning on going to some race in Europe?
Preferably Austria, Germany or Hungaroring
how about some little E60 meet there? anybody has some experience from before? I would prefer something very well organized and some great tickets not some places in the bushes around the track
I'll be at Silverstone on June 11th -
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Good work Jack! Best come-back of the race.

Started in 19th on the grid and got 6th!