Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Government Spending

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by stoic1
Thanks sixcard! I'll check that out.

So, who's bringing the beer?

I dunno about beer, but I'll bring plenty of Blanton's
Old 03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll bring some brandy and Cohibas.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i

stossel is a libertarian, he likes pissing off democrats and republicans equally. i actually think his shows are pretty fair. the best things on fox are his show and freedomwatch, the latter i think is only available online. although glenn beck's show is similar - when glenn isn't hosting it and judge napolitano is.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca
Oh yeah, Calvin and Scott would be great to have in on this too. It is fun to talk about, because as Vlad mentioned in the other thread, all we can do is talk. We cannot affect what happens in Washington at all, the lobbyists make sure of that.

Originally Posted by Krozi
How could I forget Scott?!?!?
And Mr. Sixcard over here also! Vlad is definitly right...
Sounds like fun gents. I went to college in DC and when I meet up with my DC friends and talk politics, it drives her up the wall because it bores her. But I still like it. That's it. We need a national 5series.net meet.

Oh and by the way, I should find out on Monday when my LA oral argument is. It will be either the last weel in April or the week of Juune 14. I have to meet the LA area members when I'm out. They are so many good ones.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sdg1871
Sounds like fun gents. I went to college in DC and when I meet up with my DC friends and talk politics, it drives her up the wall because it bores her. But I still like it. That's it. We need a national 5series.net meet.

Oh and by the way, I should find out on Monday when my LA oral argument is. It will be either the last weel in April or the week of Juune 14. I have to meet the LA area members when I'm out. They are so many good ones.
I'll stay out of the political conversations. Me and John might have to throw down, and he would have to explain to his friends how an intel weenie beat up an old AirForce PJ.

I honestly am so disgusted with the garbage in washington, both democrats and republicans, that I have no desire to even discuss what I am normally so passionate about. I am also disgusted with most forms of media/news outlets, to include Fox news, which I once so vehemently supported. I now dream of watching anderson cooper and sean hannity fight to a death in which they both lose.

Until there is a true socially progressive, fiscally conservative movement, I have backed out of the political arena. I have lost all desire to follow the issues in washington. I have also lost the desire to vote and/or support any specific candidate for any office or any polital party. While I am and will remain a registered republican, I am not proud of it, but being a registered democrat is worse. The only benifit to being affiliated with a party is having the opportunity to vote in a primary in a closed primary state, which florida is... but, there isnt a single douche monger i would even waste more then 5 seconds of my time waiting in line for. There is nothing good coming out of washington. period. talking about politics is like talking about killing puppies and kittens. It is just a shitty conversation.

sad that I am an aspiring politician and I feel this way.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Oh yes, Fox News is known for being impartial and unbiased
You're 2000% correct - I also suggest and recommend only watching media outlets that totally agree with my personal opinion(s)!

NOT!