Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Going home...

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

ksc, im glad you are okay as well as your family... the pictures were stunning to say the least. i will keep you and others who have been affected in my prayers as they have been since day one take care and stay positive and strong! ericd
Old 10-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 10 2005, 10:44 PM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:17 AM']photos can be seen here...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=11j7w5...r&x=0&y=-h9xnns
[snapback]180956[/snapback]
Yes Bimmer, we'll be here for at least this school year, possibly longer. I'm not one for throwing good money after bad. Until there is some major improvement in the levee system around New Orleans, I won't repair/rebuild...

As for the pics, posted earlier in the thread. No need to enter email address, just click on the picture to start the slide show...
[snapback]182502[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wow, unbelieveable what water (nature) can do to things we treasure. Mildew makes your walls look like faux painting. My brother's wife's family (brother and sister) all lived in New Orleans. One family's house only had the foundation and trash on top. Similar to your pics, the trees and grass all turned brown. Another family who had a business is now trying to start one in Houston.

My brother lives next door to me, so I see them often. At any given time, there were at least 16+ people in my brother's house. Even a 4300 sq. ft house gets crowded, he said. Luckily, most of them (4 families) have relocated to temp. apartment by now, and there is only one family left.

I can only imagine dealing with the insurance company and having to go through the list of belongings for claims. On top, working and living in places other than what you used to call "home" is not very comforting.

I hope you keep your head high and know that you are better off than many people.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

oups, sorry man. Damage is terrible.
Wish you all the best