Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Going home...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

Never thought about the insurance issues but of course you are right - how can you (anyone) ever rebuild if you can't get insurance? - unless flood is excluded but then your risk might be too great. That sucks.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Sad to see what happened but on the same time glad that you and your family survived this.

Regards
Old 10-09-2005, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

kscarrol, i almost cried when i read all your posts and saw the pics :'(. especially when i was reading about your neighbor :'(. i have to say and i rarely say it to other people...you are an amazing person [attachment=14246:attachment]! your attitude toward this whole thing is something that i have to learn and it'll be a life long lesson but i know i will never be as good as you . best of luck to you, your family, friends, relatives, neighbors and everybody in the big easy.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Thank you alohalc, kind words indeed! But I beg to differ, you strike me as a positive person. No one is prepared to deal with these things, they are thrust upon you and you either let it rule your life or you decide to move on. I suspect you would have no problems moving on as well. Its not easy, but you do what you have to inorder to survive. Having the health and strength of my family, makes it easier to deal with.

Now if I had lost my 545, my reaction might have been different!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Senior Members

i really wish i could meet up with you one day. since you have to start from scratch, might as well move to hawaii .
Old 10-09-2005, 06:40 PM
Contributors

I'd love to! You should send the tickets to... wait you're not paying for the tickets? Seriously, we'll make it out there someday, hopefully soon. Neither my wife or I have ever been to Hawaii, we'd love to go some day. Right now, all free cash flow is going to buy new furniture. Maybe in a year or two. Fortunately we are very conservaticve on the finances, so we owed very little own our house and had plenty of rainy day cash set aside.
Old 10-10-2005, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 9 2005, 09:40 PM
I'd love to!? You should send the tickets to...? wait you're not paying for the tickets?? Seriously, we'll make it out there someday, hopefully soon.? Neither my wife or I have ever been to Hawaii, we'd love to go some day.? Right now, all free cash flow is going to bu new furniture.? Maybe in a year or two.? Fortunately we are very conservaticve on the finances, so we owed very little own our house and had plenty of rainy day cash set aside.
[snapback]181927[/snapback]
Well, stay in Houston. You have a job here and a house in West U, which is a nicer area of team. Where did you post the pics?
Old 10-10-2005, 07:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:17 AM
photos can be seen here...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=11j7w5...r&x=0&y=-h9xnns
[snapback]180956[/snapback]
Yes Bimmer, we'll be here for at least this school year, possibly longer. I'm not one for throwing good money after bad. Until there is some major improvement in the levee system around New Orleans, I won't repair/rebuild...

As for the pics, posted earlier in the thread. No need to enter email address, just click on the picture to start the slide show...
Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 11 2005, 04:44 AM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Oct 7 2005, 11:17 AM']photos can be seen here...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=11j7w5...r&x=0&y=-h9xnns
[snapback]180956[/snapback]
Yes Bimmer, we'll be here for at least this school year, possibly longer. I'm not one for throwing good money after bad. Until there is some major improvement in the levee system around New Orleans, I won't repair/rebuild...

As for the pics, posted earlier in the thread. No need to enter email address, just click on the picture to start the slide show...
[snapback]182502[/snapback]
[/quote]

Can't say much more than has already been said. but just to wish you and yours all the best from N.Ireland
Old 10-11-2005, 06:12 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Oct 9 2005, 12:51 AM
Meeting went as well as can be expected.? As expected my insurance company (USAA) is basically totalling everything in my zip code.
[snapback]181565[/snapback]
ksc, this is bad. Not many of us will ever experience anything like this. Your kids are young enough to overcome this. Maybe you and your wife will, too, but it has to be a very depressing situation for you.

Fortunately your conservative life style puts you in a better postion than most. You had a very nice home with plenty of space. Hopefully you can duplicate it. The 545 gives solace.

Quick Reply: Going home...