Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Ferrari hybrid sports car in the works

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:thumbsdown:
Old 07-09-2008, 05:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='619800' date='Jul 9 2008, 04:57 PM
Fucking blasphemy!

Anyone else thinking of the Rush song "Red Barchetta"?

You guys have heard of Global Dimming right? Particulate pollution is cooling the earth at nearly the same rate that greenhouse gasses are supposedly warming it. The more we remove from the atmosphere, the faster the earth heats up...

A study of the 3 days after 911 (no airplanes flying, so no dimming coverage) showed the most unprecedented short-term temperature shift ever recorded - which lead to further NASA research, confirming this effect.

Wow, now I'm thinking of the Futurama episode when Fry teaches everyone how to litter in order to save the Earth.

More to suggest that we don't yet fully understand the complex climate system, and that changes that seemingly can only produce good results could be disastrous.
+1 We should start a global warming thread, see how well that goes over.

I too have been thinking of Red Barchetta lately. That song still gives me the chills.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i- Steptronic Trans, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package

I think they had a 'biofuel' version of one of their cars on display. I know there was a hybrid system being discussed, but of course the PR crew at Ferrari exclaimed that they would only make this system if it didn't sacrifice the performance that Ferrari customer expects...I'm wondering if this is just a publicity stunt?? Although why would Ferrari need MORE publicity? Its not like Kimi and Felipe have been lighting it up on the F1 track lately...
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by formuleuno' post='620004' date='Jul 9 2008, 10:20 PM
I think they had a 'biofuel' version of one of their cars on display. I know there was a hybrid system being discussed, but of course the PR crew at Ferrari exclaimed that they would only make this system if it didn't sacrifice the performance that Ferrari customer expects...I'm wondering if this is just a publicity stunt?? Although why would Ferrari need MORE publicity? Its not like Kimi and Felipe have been lighting it up on the F1 track lately...

Your comment got me thinking... I suppose there are celebs who might be reluctant to drive some cars due to eco considerations. I recall a few years ago, Cameron Diaz was talking about how the studio had given the Charlies Angels girls 911s after the first movie. She went on to say that even though she loved the car, she generally drove a Prius (yeah, fucking LA) out of guilt and the desire to project the proper image.

Maybe this will assuage enough guilt to help Ferrari sell a few more cars every year.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i- Steptronic Trans, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package

Originally Posted by UUronL' post='620416' date='Jul 10 2008, 11:54 AM
Your comment got me thinking... I suppose there are celebs who might be reluctant to drive some cars due to eco considerations. I recall a few years ago, Cameron Diaz was talking about how the studio had given the Charlies Angels girls 911s after the first movie. She went on to say that even though she loved the car, she generally drove a Prius (yeah, fucking LA) out of guilt and the desire to project the proper image.

Maybe this will assuage enough guilt to help Ferrari sell a few more cars every year.
I like your point UUronL. I mean you've got Diaz, Clooney, DiCaprio, et al. driving the Pious around town... Although if they want a sport car that's good for the environment (allegedly), wouldn't they just buy a Tesla???
Old 07-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by formuleuno' post='620683' date='Jul 10 2008, 05:12 PM
I like your point UUronL. I mean you've got Diaz, Clooney, DiCaprio, et al. driving the Pious around town... Although if they want a sport car that's good for the environment (allegedly), wouldn't they just buy a Tesla???

I'm sure the people they hire to tell them what's cool don't know what the fuck a Tesla is.