Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Ferrari GOLD Hamman

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1046046' date='Nov 3 2009, 07:58 AM
I know I am going to get flamed for this (as you guys see anything that is different as UGLY), well the DB9 Austin Martin that I saw was the same as this. It reflected everything around it.
No, everything different is not ugly. However, there is a matter of taste. Wearing a simple small to mid-sized necklace is fine, wearing a wall clock aroun your neck is tasteless

As you can see, different doesn't make it pretty. Sometimes they are really ugly ducklings and not swans.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1046052' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:02 AM
So you didn't like the Mercedes either? once you see it more than once, and truly see it in front of you. You'll be
Maybe, until you see it coming at you on the highway on a sunny day and get blinded by it and crash.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1046053' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:04 AM
No, everything different is not ugly. However, there is a matter of taste. Wearing a simple small to mid-sized necklace is fine, wearing a wall clock aroun your neck is tasteless

As you can see, different doesn't make it pretty. Sometimes they are really ugly ducklings and not swans.
HAHAHAHA. Well you got me on this on.

But TO ME, I think the cars are beautiful. Well, matter in fact, everyone that was near the car couldn't take their eyes off the car on how unique and beautiful it was. I am saying that because when I went inside the building, there was not ONE person (British,french, indian,Pinoy, saudi and lebanese) that said this car is ugly. They all were astonished on how beautiful the car was and were discussing it over lunch.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1046054' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:06 AM
Maybe, until you see it coming at you on the highway on a sunny day and get blinded by it and crash.

HAHAHAHAHA. LMFAO.
Well, I never said it is practical (well at least to other drivers). I said its nice.

still LMAO
Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1046058' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:08 AM
HAHAHAHA. Well you got me on this on.

But TO ME, I think the cars are beautiful. Well, matter in fact, everyone that was near the car couldn't take their eyes off the car on how unique and beautiful it was. I am saying that because when I went inside the building, there was not ONE person (British,french, indian,Pinoy, saudi and lebanese) that said this car is ugly. They all were astonished on how beautiful the car was and were discussing it over lunch.

Okay, I can give you that. As a show car it might work, many companies take their show cars to the very extreme of modification to showcase their work. However, this car had a license plate, meaning it was capable of driving on the street and as a road car it is god awful. Sometimes just because it's possible to do something doesn't mean you should.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1046065' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:13 AM
Okay, I can give you that. As a show car it might work, many companies take their show cars to the very extreme of modification to showcase their work. However, this car had a license plate, meaning it was capable of driving on the street and as a road car it is god awful. Sometimes just because it's possible to do something doesn't mean you should.
No it wasn't a show car. It was parked next to the company building. I actually met the guy and talked to him. He even let me sit in the car (I am talking about the mirror-like DB9). The interior was almost untouched. He only did the exterior and exhaust and wheels. He was a son of a Sheikh(which explains the money).

I really can't explain until you see it up close.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1046071' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:17 AM
No it wasn't a show car. It was parked next to the company building. I actually met the guy and talked to him. He even let me sit in the car (I am talking about the mirror-like DB9). The interior was almost untouched. He only did the exterior and exhaust and wheels. He was a son of a Sheikh(which explains the money).

I really can't explain until you see it up close.

This is nice as a show piece or design exercise, but not as an actual driven car:

I can appreciate a craftsman's work, but it isn't always intended to be used. That is basically what (I think) we are all saying.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1046075' date='Nov 3 2009, 11:24 AM
This is nice as a show piece or design exercise, but not as an actual driven car:

I can appreciate a craftsman's work, but it isn't always intended to be used. That is basically what (I think) we are all saying.

Cars like that are OUTRAGEOUS, but cars like I posted are acceptable. But again, That's just me. I don't think your car has to be a show car to have it gold plated. To me, its like doing your entire car in FLAT BLACK (i dont know what they call it). I see it as GORGEOUS, others (and I have heard many say it) as unfinished paint without the extra coating. Its just a matter of taste. it Anyhow, AGAIN, you have to see it in person to judge
Old 11-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

This is what i mean by flat black (can you please tell me what is the color called?)

Old 11-03-2009, 07:37 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='1046096' date='Nov 3 2009, 08:35 AM
This is what i mean by flat black (can you please tell me what is the color called?)

Most call that matte black, and it can look good on a sporty car. On a cheap car, like say a Toyota Corolla it just looks like they forgot (or couldn't afford) to finish the paint job. See the difference?

Quick Reply: Ferrari GOLD Hamman