Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='732882' date='Nov 27 2008, 07:46 PM
Pete, congrats on both your car and promotion.

Any upcoming mods planned?

Thanks Doc!

I will get the rear windows tinted, like the factory option "Individual Sun Protection Glass". That should cost around 200-250 EUR from what I can gather.
Obviously going to be fitting my 19s and going to need some spacers (10mm) to get them to fit.
The iPod interface will need to be retro-fitted.

So yes, a few initial mods, but then its all mods on hold............... that is until the mod bug catches up with me again...........
Old 11-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Does anyone have any OEM 17" (or larger) winter wheels they want to sell or trade for a set of OEM 18" M135 rims on summer tyres??
I need to get this sorted quick, so this could be a great opportunity for someone to get their hands on some nice "M" rims for little money, i.e. the ones that come as standard with the M-Sport pack on the car I just bought.

I am open to offers / suggestions!

Just PM me, thanks.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='732929' date='Nov 27 2008, 09:09 PM
The iPod interface will need to be retro-fitted.
I've got the iPod interface and, great as it is, you will lose your 6cd changer. The Dension 500 will however allow you to flip between iPod and changer at the flick of a switch and, if I recall right, there's not too much between them price-wise. May not seem like a big thing but I do recall a number of situations in which Sathia and I bought new CDs while on road trips and then had to wait impatiently until we got home days and '000s of kilometers later to rip and load onto the iPod before being able to listen to them in the car.

No idea about differences in sound quality though, and the iPod interface on the navi pro is ponderous, especially when you have lots and lots of songs on your iPod. Again, no idea how the Dension performs in this respect, but probably worth some sort of side-by-side performance check/comparison if you can set one up.

I do not regret taking the iPod interface at all, but it was the only option available when I got my car and I do find myself wondering if I should have waited the 6 months to the Dension rollout to compare them.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='732933' date='Nov 27 2008, 10:14 PM
Does anyone have any OEM 17" (or larger) winter wheels they want to sell or trade for a set of OEM 18" M135 rims on summer tyres??
I need to get this sorted quick, so this could be a great opportunity for someone to get their hands on some nice "M" rims for little money, i.e. the ones that come as standard with the M-Sport pack on the car I just bought.

Just PM me, thanks.
I virtually gave away my 19s this weekend

congrats on your new car - sweet. Active steering, logic 7 - these are features you will love on your new car...
Old 11-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='732933' date='Nov 27 2008, 10:14 PM

Just PM me, thanks.
Question back to you: why dont you use your 128s for winter on your touring. They would work if you had 13mm spacers in the rear...
Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Contributors

I asked Andy545 about his old 18" winter set-up and he also only just sold them for little money... and now you too with your 19s Ah well, can't win them all hey!

I will use the 128s on my Touring and have contacted Thorsten @ Lissy Tuning for a quote for spacers.

I will save you the details, but I need to return my company car with an OEM winter set-up and I only have the 128s at the moment. (I still have the M135s for my company car, so the summer rims are sorted.) I will not need the M135s from the Touring, because I will use my M5 M166 rims. So that's why I now have a set of summer rims that I do not need and a set of winter rims that I do not have!

Hope that makes sense... so does anyone either know where I can get some cheap OEM winter rims, trade my M135 summer rims for winter rims, or buy some cheap winter tyres to put on the M135 rims
Old 11-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Too bad, I also just sold my winterwheels OEM 118. They are actually going to be picked up tonight.
Sorry, but I got quit a good deal on them.

I guess you are also going to transfer your SB to the stationwagon
Old 11-28-2008, 01:35 AM
Contributors

Not another one of you who just sold your winter rims?! This is starting to get ridiculous

With regards to the SB.... ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

This is what I wrote about the Sprint Booster in my review of the 530dA Touring after doing a test drive:

Quote:
What was very interesting to experience was driving WITHOUT a Sprint Booster. When I came back from the test drive with the 530dA, I was pretty unhappy because the car just felt slow, unresponsive and did not give me any kind of kick. To be honest I was in dispare with the 530dA being so unrewarding and even started talking to the Salesman about a 535d! When I told him that I drive my car with the Sprint Booster, he grinned... rolled his eyes... and then told me to put it in the 530dA and go for another test drive!! .....and I absolutely loved the drive!! It made all the difference; it was responsive, fast fast fast, and great fun to drive. I came back with a huge smile on my face convinced that the 530dA WITH Sprint Booster was the engine for me. I would not drive the car without the Sprint Booster, no way.

Unquote:

Have you fitted an SB yet?
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Pete, try calling around the dealer network and see what used ones they have. I got my winter setup in Feb this year in this way - basically another customer had sold a set back to the dealership when they left the country and returned their company car. I ended up getting my 138s complete with Dunlop winter RFTs (yes, I like them ) with almost no treadwear for EUR 1,200 or so (new price here is 2,100). With a set of 135 to trade, you may end up even making money on a swap of that sort.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='733438' date='Nov 28 2008, 11:35 AM
Have you fitted an SB yet?
Oh yeah..... still wondering why I didn't do it earlier

BTW on the winterwheels, check www.ebay.de, there are lots of them

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"