Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I am having rear window tints done and the 19s fitted this week, however proper picks and full write up will follow soon. Even with the old engine, the 530d has a much bigger punch than the 525d. I'm really really happy with the car As I said, full write up and comparisson of engine, options, etc will follow in due course.
Here is a little teaser for now -- unfortunately some of the worst pics I have taken in years, but you get the idea ...

I think I am happier about the number plate than the car
E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"-img_2580.jpg

Old new meets new old
E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"-img_2585.jpg
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535dA M-Sport Carbon Black Nasca Black leather AFS Comfort Access Moonroof Active seat vent Xenon Navi Prof. Night Vision HUD High Gloss Shadow Line

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='745475' date='Dec 15 2008, 12:03 PM
I am having rear window tints done and the 19s fitted this week, however proper picks and full write up will follow soon. Even with the old engine, the 530d has a much bigger punch than the 525d. I'm really really happy with the car As I said, full write up and comparisson of engine, options, etc will follow in due course.
Here is a little teaser for now -- unfortunately some of the worst pics I have taken in years, but you get the idea ...

I think I am happier about the number plate than the car

Old new meets new old
Nice . But I'm biased, as a fellow member of the 'e61 M-sport club'
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Members

I have the red painted M5 BBK retrofitted on my car, but I am looking for the BMW Performance caliper stickers.
I have PM'em Nick and Andy, but didn't get any response of them.
Can anyone help me out?

Thank you guys
Old 12-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Car looks great, Pete! And nice job with the reggie too.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

thanks for the comments. The E61 is having its T?V inspection on 19s + spacers today. To be honest, I don't even know what spacers they will use -- I simply asked a garage to sort it for me! It will be H&R spacers as I insisted on the brand, but I think they will order both 5mm and 10mm spacers to make sure it gets the approval from T?V today -- i.e. if the 10mm fail, then they can use the 5mm spacers. (I am doing this to make the car road legal in Germany, not for the looks.) Fingers crossed it all goes well , and tomorrow its booked in for the tints. If all goes to plan, I'll have my ride as I want it for some photos at the weekend
Old 12-18-2008, 04:16 AM
Contributors

Munich Meet & Greet Planning...

Sorry, I got all distracted by my new toy & job, so lets try to get this back on track...

In this post we were talking about Friday 17th until Sunday 19th April 2009. Most people seemed to be ok with this and I assume if we lock this down early January, then it becomes a fixed event in everyones calendar.

This is the plan that BMWMB put together and think we all agreed in principle:
Friday: Arrival Munich late afternoon -> Check-in Hotel -> Heading out to the centre for food and drinks...
Saturday: Breakfast -> Trip to Dingolfing (110km from Munich) -> Visit BMW-factory -> Lunch at Dingolfing -> Trip back to Munich -> Visit BMW-welt -> Diner BMW-Welt -> Heading out to the centre for drinks...
Sunday: Breakfast -> Home

Did anyone have the chance to contact BMW about the tours at Dingolfing (Factory) and BMW Welt? Or is it only tours at the Factory and BMW Welt you just get on with it yourself?
Old 12-21-2008, 05:44 AM
Contributors

BUMP -- see post above -- its not my usual drivel, its actually about the next meet
Old 12-21-2008, 11:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='749895' date='Dec 21 2008, 03:44 PM
BUMP -- see post above -- its not my usual drivel, its actually about the next meet
on a side note - what did the t?v say? how did your tinting go?

on my front: my m3 mirrors are in the paint shop now , and am pondering about to place order on a quad exhaust today, or should i go dual (like on the 335s)? dont wanna make the 3 series a boy racer car...
Old 12-22-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='747822' date='Dec 18 2008, 02:16 PM
Munich Meet & Greet Planning...

Sorry, I got all distracted by my new toy & job, so lets try to get this back on track...

In this post we were talking about Friday 17th until Sunday 19th April 2009. Most people seemed to be ok with this and I assume if we lock this down early January, then it becomes a fixed event in everyones calendar.

This is the plan that BMWMB put together and think we all agreed in principle:
Friday: Arrival Munich late afternoon -> Check-in Hotel -> Heading out to the centre for food and drinks...
Saturday: Breakfast -> Trip to Dingolfing (110km from Munich) -> Visit BMW-factory -> Lunch at Dingolfing -> Trip back to Munich -> Visit BMW-welt -> Diner BMW-Welt -> Heading out to the centre for drinks...
Sunday: Breakfast -> Home

Did anyone have the chance to contact BMW about the tours at Dingolfing (Factory) and BMW Welt? Or is it only tours at the Factory and BMW Welt you just get on with it yourself?
Let me check my planning....... ltr
Old 12-22-2008, 04:30 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rsyed' post='750299
on my front: my m3 mirrors are in the paint shop now , and am pondering about to place order on a quad exhaust today, or should i go dual (like on the 335s)? dont wanna make the 3 series a boy racer car...
maybe the alpina B3 quad exhaust look would be appropriate if you are trying to keep your car "understated"... which is not exactly easy with a AW m-sport 3-series on 19" BMW Performance rims You should start up a new thread -- plenty of 3-series owners here who could advise.

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"