Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='750383
maybe the alpina B3 quad exhaust look would be appropriate if you are trying to keep your car "understated"... which is not exactly easy with a AW m-sport 3-series on 19" BMW Performance rims You should start up a new thread -- plenty of 3-series owners here who could advise.
Thinking of this arse:

http://www.insideperformance.de/images/pro...ff_m3-look4.jpg

http://www.insideperformance.de/images/pro...puff_andre4.jpg

what do you guys think?

here is a sneak preview of my new car: been sitting the garage (yet to be unpacked from its transportation parcel but already with winter shoes) of my dealer for 2 weeks, will be sitting there for another two - car only getting registered on 2nd Jan so that is a 09 model

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"-e90_frontview.jpg

more pics will follow on 2 jan - maybe with the m3 mirrors
Old 12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

LOOKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

The M3 mirrors will be a great first mod. As for the quads, they look great but IMHO don't have much to do with avoiding the "boy racer car" look Have you checked out the Alpina approach?
Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xBMWx' post='750619' date='Dec 22 2008, 08:57 PM
The M3 mirrors will be a great first mod. As for the quads, they look great but IMHO don't have much to do with avoiding the "boy racer car" look Have you checked out the Alpina approach?
i looked at the alpina - they dont really excite me.

the biggest problem seems to be that this is my first exhaust mod (i've ever done) and 1) I am unsure about how the t?v will moan and groan and 2) the prices for the exhausts shock me - they cost as much as half the car...

Just came up with another option: stock exhaust, but with the new performance diffusor.

E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"-p0051338.jpg
Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

And while you are at it, why not get that sexy rear-lid-spoiler also
Old 12-28-2008, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 645 Ci, Individual Stratusgrey Metallic with individual grey leather Individual Stratos metallic, Shadow line, Black Individual leather, 19'' ellisoid, Panorama sunroof, PDC, Dynamic drive, Adaptive steering, Adaptive headlights, Voice control, Logic 7, Prof sat nav, BT phone, TV, Heated Sport seats, Ski sac, light pakket, CD-changer. Mods (so far): iPod interface, K&N Airfilter.

For those who are missing some action (and missed my post)
Together with Garehaan, we had some fun before exchanging the old summertyres for wintertyres........

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=OOphq3M8NE8
Old 12-28-2008, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Doc Horror' post='754140' date='Dec 28 2008, 02:48 PM
For those who are missing some action (and missed my post)
Together with Garehaan, we had some fun before exchanging the old summertyres for wintertyres........

vid here
oh my god... you were smoking EUr 1500 or more there, weren't you?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

If you put it that way
Old 12-31-2008, 05:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

This whole "grip" thing is overrated any way Doc. You'll be fine

Love the vid
Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Contributors

Happy New Year everyone!!

Hope you all enjoyed the festive period and I wish you all the best for 2009...

Time is kind of flying by, so we should probably get some of this stuff locked down, so that we can make the necessary arrangements at BMW and the hotels. This is where we got to...

We were talking about Friday 17th until Sunday 19th April 2009. Most people seemed to be ok with this and I assume if we lock this down early January, then it becomes a fixed event in everyones calendar.

This is the plan that BMWMB put together and think we all agreed in principle:
Friday: Arrival Munich late afternoon -> Check-in Hotel -> Heading out to the centre for food and drinks...
Saturday: Breakfast -> Trip to Dingolfing (110km from Munich) -> Visit BMW-factory -> Lunch at Dingolfing -> Trip back to Munich -> Visit BMW-welt -> Diner BMW-Welt -> Heading out to the centre for drinks...
Sunday: Breakfast -> Home

If there are objections, then the next step will be to start making initial reservations at BMW -- or has anyone's plans changed??

p.s. Posted up details and pics of my new ride -- hit the link in my signature
Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Senior Members

Location: Luxembourg (work) / Germany (home) / Poland (heart ;)
My Ride: MY RIDES: Previous: 1997 BMW 528i E39 | graphit mettalic | black leather | electric heated and pumped comfort seats + memory (seats, wheel, mirrors) | factory xenon | LPG gas installation (Dutch / Prinz) w/direct sequential injection (same pwr and same cons.)+80L tank in the spare wheel place | cruise ctrl, electric sunshade | ABS | ESP | 4 airbags (never used :) | electronic AC (2 side) | Board computer | Leather heated multifunction wheel | Radio Profess.+tape+6 CD changer+subwoofer+10 spkrs+DSP | alu 17" AEZ + Turanza 235/45/ZR17 | rain sensor | factory GSM built-in | Asus A636 GPS navigation TomTom | HISTORY: 1999 BMW 735 | 1994 VW Golf GT | 1994 Citroen Xantia | 1997 Renault Megane Coupe | 2000 Alfa Romeo 146 | 1994 Renault 19 | 1995 Toyota Camry | 1994 Audi 100 | 1978 VW Golf (the only diesel so far...) FUTURE: (2011-2012) F11 530xd Msport ultimate DREAM: M5 diesel :)

April still sounds great, I'm up for it.

Although by the way: Santa brought us a very special gift, which we've been waiting for long time now with Blanka...
and as we went to the doctor's yesterday and I could see tiny little arms, fingers and toes on the screen finally myself...
so, now it is confirmed, final and official:
THERE WILL BE A NEW (although quite small at first) BMW fan around in the end of June 2009!!!!!

So, we hope with Blanka she'll be OK in April to do this MEET in BMW Welt, she'd really love to join along!

Quick Reply: E60.NET European Meet & Greet "Lounge"