Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Did anyone else notice?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009 | 03:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1020560' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:20 PM
You are correct sir, including Muslim extremists in your homeland of the Philipines
The thought of extremists of any religion (who believe that God has commanded them to annihilate nonbelievers) possessing the bomb is petrifying.
Old 09-29-2009 | 04:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1020559' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:20 PM
Since this seems to be an acceptable topic to discuss here, I'll share my views.

It is my expectation that the Israeli armed forced will attempt to take out Iran's nuclear program within the next 1-2 years if the rest of the world does not stop it given the Iranian President's repeated public statements that he wants to obliterate Israeli.

If Israel does it (if it is even militarily possible to do it from the air), the other countries in te Middle East will condemn Israel publically but celebate privately.

There is no way that the Sunni countries of the Middle East want Shite-dominated Iran to have the bomb.

Personally, I believe that war with Iran may very well be unavoidable because, to me, there is no question that the mullahs in Iran want the bomb, feel a religious duty to use it and will not stop until they get it.

They will not stop. They must be stopped. And I doubt that when push comes to shove, the Russians or the Chinese will use force to stop the Iranian nuclear bomb program. We will soon see if President Obama's stoppage of the missle defense sites in Eastern Europe will get the Russians to play ball. I fear that it won't be and that the task will once again fall upon the west, that is, the US and its allies.

I hope that I am being unduly pessimistic and that I am wrong. Most Iranians do not support their government and would prefer closing ties to the west IMHO. I certainly hope that the Iranian people rise up, have another revolution and overthrow the government. That government is inexorably leading Iran into the abyss.
I agree with most of what you have said except I don't see Israel waiting 1 to 2 years to act. Their country is right in the "hit" zone of the Iranian missile program. Iran as others here have stated, believes Israel must be destroyed. Intelligence agencies have said that Iran could have the bomb within 1 year. Israel is probably going to move sooner rather than later unless some immediate and viable solution presents itself. It would not be the first time Israel has made a preemptive strike to destroy suspected nuclear facilities. Just ask Syria.
Old 09-29-2009 | 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by ENstig8or' post='1020598' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:20 PM
I agree with most of what you have said except I don't see Israel waiting 1 to 2 years to act. Their country is right in the "hit" zone of the Iranian missile program. Iran as others here have stated, believes Israel must be destroyed. Intelligence agencies have said that Iran could have the bomb within 1 year. Israel is probably going to move sooner rather than later unless some immediate and viable solution presents itself. It would not be the first time Israel has made a preemptive strike to destroy suspected nuclear facilities. Just ask Syria.
+1 I believe Israel will take care of Iran preemtively, with or without us.
Old 09-29-2009 | 04:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by ENstig8or' post='1020598' date='Sep 29 2009, 08:20 PM
We agree. I said that Israel would probably do this within the next 1-2 years -- meaning that it could happen next month.

The reality is that an air attack from Israel to Syria is very easy as Syria is right next door. An air attack from Israel to Iran presents a military nightmare for Israel as its planes would have to fly over the territory of countries who may try to shoot down its planes and given the distance, it might require the planes to conduct air to air refueling. Plus if Iran has half a brain (and it does), it has probably scattered elements of the program all over the country so that it cannot be destroyed in just one or two attacks.

And I bet that the some of the key sites are buried so far underground that they may not be vulnerable to destruction with bombs using conventional explosive.

My guess is that the only military with the capability to actually eradicate Iran's nuclear program is the USA. And I fear that the destruction of Iran's nuclear program may very well require ground assaults at multiple sites.
Old 09-29-2009 | 06:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire

Originally Posted by sdg1871' post='1020559' date='Sep 29 2009, 06:20 PM
Most Iranians do not support their government and would prefer closing ties to the west IMHO. I certainly hope that the Iranian people rise up, have another revolution and overthrow the government. That government is inexorably leading Iran into the abyss.
An overthrow of the current government is inevitable. There is now plenty of opposition within Iran, showing that it can't go on like this. It will happen, probably with help from the US. Obama gave a pretty good speech in Cairo, but now Ahmad is just provoking everyone...
Old 09-29-2009 | 06:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 535xi
Model Year: 2008

I'm not worried about the USA going into another war. We have President Obama as our Commander in Chief. One of his first acts was to propose a 55 Billion Dollar cut in our military. He is very bright and feels he can just "talk" to our enemies. So I'm not worried.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/01/30...se-budget-cuts/
Old 09-29-2009 | 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Did anyone ever play D&D?? the dark sun saga.. ? "W/ deserts of obsidian..." its a tale of after the war, the future war.... a saga where's the deserts are glass.... the purest of obsidian..
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='1020541' date='Sep 29 2009, 07:01 PM
I find this WSJ article spooky as well...

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB2000142405...2775482322.html
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by skelevirus' post='1020709' date='Sep 29 2009, 11:53 PM
Did anyone ever play D&D?? the dark sun saga.. ? "W/ deserts of obsidian..." its a tale of after the war, the future war.... a saga where's the deserts are glass.... the purest of obsidian..
D&D, those were the days-i wished memory cards were invented.
Old 09-29-2009 | 09:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1020602' date='Sep 29 2009, 08:26 PM
+1 I believe Israel will take care of Iran preemtively, with or without us.
without a doubt.

Quick Reply: Did anyone else notice?