Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Death penalty

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Wow, quoting Gandalf the Grey? I knew this would be an interesting thread to watch!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='508651' date='Dec 19 2007, 11:13 PM
Wow, quoting Gandalf the Grey? I knew this would be an interesting thread to watch!
Frodo lives !!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

well according to the poll the death penalty would remain 53 for and 39 against.
as you said it should be debated, but it wasn't.
they should listen to the people, but they didn't.
Corzine(gov) is out of control
Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Black BMW 525i

Originally Posted by Heelsonwheels' post='508664' date='Dec 19 2007, 08:57 PM
well according to the poll the death penalty would remain 53 for and 39 against.
as you said it should be debated, but it wasn't.
they should listen to the people, but they didn't.
Corzine(gov) is out of control
You are correct. However, take a second to think how the legislative process works. It's not a dictatorship where the Governor demands something and it happens. The plan had to be approved by the State Senate and Assembly before it can become law. So, if you're putting all the blame on your Corzine, you should also hold your state government accountable since they approved it. Now, if the people are truly unhappy with the result, they can vote those elected officials who supported the measure out of office.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='508132' date='Dec 18 2007, 12:29 PM
:thumbsdown: I'm appalled as well. Sorry, we can't give this mass murderer/rapist/child molester the death penalty because it's cruel and unusual punishment. Yeah, that makes sense.
At least DRANGED is safe, he moved to Minnesota because they don't have the death penalty in case they find out about that killing spree he went on a few years ago
Old 12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Ouch, I got beat up while I was away...thanks for going to bat for me guys.
Originally Posted by BlackCat' post='508602
Typical type of hypocrite. The type which cherry picks information that best serves their point of view, regardless if the facts are staring them back in the face. That's evident from what you pulled from the bible (pasted from Wikipedia). Luckily Black Cat was there to point that out. First, if the death penalty were put to a vote in NJ, it would be a very close call. Depending how the question is asked, you'll get a different answer:

NJ Poll

The majority are opposed to the death penalty.

Second, your entire argument is logically flawed. For example, you say "Who are we to say that a murderer should die? Who the hell were they to take a life? You commit a crime such as murder, rape someone, molest a child...you deserve to die."

This has to be the most incoherent and ignorant statement I've ever heard, to put it lightly. In your defense, it's your opinion and you still have one in our country. However, your own statement says "who the hell were they to take a life." Well, who are the hell are we to take a life? Last time I checked we were all humans, unless evolution went into fast forward and some of us are gods.
Some resort to name calling, calling me a hypocrite. Just shows their maturity level. You don't know me, you don't know what my family has been through. You for sure don't know whether or not someone I loved was murdered or raped, which makes it easy for you to resort to this immature behavior. This is not an easy subject for those of us who have first hand experience in these matters. Have your wife, sister or daughter raped and see which side of the fence you sit.

So murders, rapists and child molesters deserve to live?? Again you are in the severe minority. We set these laws as to rules live by, to maintain order in our society. You break the rules, you pay the price, sometimes with your life. These laws are interpreted by people we call judges, gods in your words. Everyone has the same rights under these laws, some choose to ignore them, and are sentenced to death by a jury of their peers. I do, as you stated, still have an opinion. Fortunately for this country, I am still in the majority.

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='508650
At least DRANGED is safe, he moved to Minnesota because they don't have the death penalty in case they find out about that killing spree he went on a few years ago
Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BOBUCRUZ' post='508668' date='Dec 20 2007, 12:10 AM
You are correct. However, take a second to think how the legislative process works. It's not a dictatorship where the Governor demands something and it happens. The plan had to be approved by the State Senate and Assembly before it can become law. So, if you're putting all the blame on your Corzine, you should also hold your state government accountable since they approved it. Now, if the people are truly unhappy with the result, they can vote those elected officials who supported the measure out of office.
I am aware of the process and the governor is not at fault alone. He is the person who can however respond accordingly to the people, and at 53 -39 for keeping capital punishment, he obviously didn't.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:20 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Death penatly is back to the cave mens era... :thumbsdown: I would feel very ashamed if my country would adopt it.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Senior Members

Interesting, Politicians appear to be the biggest hypocrites, imo. Many Judges, think and act like they are gods. It sounds fairly hypocritical to say that capital punishment is unconstitutional; I guess they are saying killing an innocent person isn't?
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='508755' date='Dec 20 2007, 08:20 AM
Death penatly is back to the cave mens era... :thumbsdown: I would feel very ashamed if my country would adopt it.
So what happens to the rapists, child molesters, murderers etc in Sweden?
pardon my ignorance.

Quick Reply: Death penalty