Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Cop pulls gun at snowball fight

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you guys and gals see this, I nearly choked on my dinner when at 1:38 he said "throw another snowball". I was waiting on him saying "I dare you muther##cker, i double dare you", it was like something out of pulp fiction I'd be worried if i was Samuel Jackson .

Old 12-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='1078898' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:17 PM
Did you guys and gals see this, I nearly choked on my dinner when at 1:38 he said "throw another snowball". I was waiting on him saying "I dare you muther##cker, i double dare you", it was like something out of pulp fiction I'd be worried if i was Samuel Jackson .

That's how to take care of snowball terrorists ... They should have been waterboarded but the temps were below freezing
Old 12-23-2009, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Angry

This really disgusted me, but not for what seems to be the populous reasons. While I think this cop could have handled this situation in a better, more civil manner, these 'kids' were treating him HORRIBLY. I had to turn it off when I heard the punk yell "FU Pig" for the 4th or 5th time.

Again, the cop should have handled the situation differently, but he never brought out his gun or even unsnapped it. Granted, he never should have moved his coat back to show that he had one in a menacing manner, but he 'didn't bring the gun to a snow ball fight.' He's a detective and, therefore, always has one on him. And him 'daring' them to throw another one was, again, inappropriate. He should have shown his badge, and if a cop orders a group to stop loitering or to disband, don't they have to?

Should these 'kids' have been throwing snow balls at passerby's at a busy, downtown intersection? No, I don't think they should have. From what I can gather, they were doing this for a while to many other cars before he showed up. 9-year-olds throwing snowballs, hopefully soft ones, at cars in the suburbs is a different matter in my book. Still bad, but who really cares or didn't when they were the same age? This was a safety hazard for the drivers, however, who were already driving through hazardous conditions.

Again, did the cop overreact? Yes, I think he did, but from the moment this video starts these people are disrespecting him to a nauseating degree. It made me very angry and I'm sorry I even clicked this link. As soon as he identified himself as a cop and told them to stop throwing the snowballs they should have done so. They were just laughing at him, swearing at him, and showing zero respect for an officer that puts himself in mortal danger on a daily basis to protect them, the citizens.

I don't know what else to say ... I'm sickened actually.
Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550iReno, NV
Model Year: 2008

The cop did pull his gun; however, he never pointed it at anyone.

The real question is why are the young adults (they were college students, so over 18) allowed to post online to gather (riot?) without a permit, and attack innocent passer bys? Is the police department investigating the people who started this mess?

Should the cop have handled it differently, I do not know. I know that if you pack a snowball hard enough it is like throwing a rock at someone. So if a group of young adults gathered in the middle of an intersection and started throwing rocks at people (and cops), I bet there would be no question about him pulling his gun???

Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

I thought it was funny at first, kind of like something out of pulp fiction. You guys have a point though, it seems that the youth of today have things so easy that they dont even respect a man of the law. We are seeing this more and more in my country, when i was a teen i was terrified of the police mainly from what my parents would do when they found out.

Sad thing is the cop may lose his job. Whats even sadder is i would have probably reacted the same way if some @$$hole threw a snowball at my car, but I guess thats why i am not a cop.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bob525D' post='1078898' date='Dec 23 2009, 12:17 PM

"Does he look like a bitch!?" "WHAT!?" BOOM MOTHAFUCKA!