Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Congratulations to the United States of America

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and nice way to spend so much money on YOU coming in when our economy is hurting pretty poorly with two wars right now.

Seriously Obama is being treated like the second coming of JFK. The left is so childish its funny. Try to act like adults and brace for an economic crisis, not go out and celebrate that a black/asian/muslim/christian/southern/progressive/racist is in the white house.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by southgate' post='772692' date='Jan 20 2009, 11:25 AM
NO MORE BUSH!!

Lol you guys are too funny. Different leader but the same congress and senate that voted in favor of all of those unpopular things that Bush implimented.

Either you guys are too dumb to understand this or you simply dont care.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mhs525' post='772611' date='Jan 20 2009, 06:56 PM
Just curious but why does the rest of the world care who the American president is.
Because the last one was a war-mongering monkey-brained idiot that can't complete a sentence and is responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Bin Laden is. Having that c**t with his finger near "the trigger" was a concern for the whole world. We're all relieved he's gone and has been replaced by an intelligent leader once again. American's can again travel the world and not have to pretend to be Canadian if anyone asks where they're from
Old 01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='772693' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:26 PM
Oh and nice way to spend so much money on YOU coming in when our economy is hurting pretty poorly with two wars right now.

Seriously Obama is being treated like the second coming of JFK. The left is so childish its funny. Try to act like adults and brace for an economic crisis, not go out and celebrate that a black/asian/muslim/christian/southern/progressive/racist is in the white house.
Wow, dude that is one heck of a comment! Are you serious? So, if it were someone else maybe who you voted for they would've said "you know what, naw, i dont want an inauguration"? C'mon now your talking reckless...
Old 01-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 545 BLK/BLK
Model Year: 2005

Listen,

No matter what President Obama does while he's in command, this is a historic day in our Country's history. I know that there are people who don't like the fact that he's the President, but there were people that didn't like the fact that Bush became President, especially the way he did. But it doesn't matter. I agree, I didn't think this Country was ready either, but I'm happy that I was proven wrong. The fact is, he's the first African American President. And as you may point out the he is more than just African American, I will point out that none of us are not 100% of one thing. And this very Country is the one that put labels on people. So, he's African American. And it's all really silly anyway. History has been made.

Deal with it!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by MitchBMW' post='772704' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:40 PM
Listen,

No matter what President Obama does while he's in command, this is a historic day in our Country's history. I know that there are people who don't like the fact that he's the President, but there were people that didn't like the fact that Bush became President, especially the way he did. But it doesn't matter. I agree, I didn't think this Country was ready either, but I'm happy that I was proven wrong. The fact is, he's the first African American President. And as you may point out the he is more than just African American, I will point out that none of us are not 100% of one thing. And this very Country is the one that put labels on people. So, he's African American. And it's all really silly anyway. History has been made.

Deal with it!

+1
Old 01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='772700' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:36 PM
Because the last one was a war-mongering monkey-brained idiot that can't complete a sentence and is responsible for the deaths of more Americans than Bin Laden is. Having that c**t with his finger near "the trigger" was a concern for the whole world. We're all relieved he's gone and has been replaced by an intelligent leader once again. American's can again travel the world and not have to pretend to be Canadian if anyone asks where they're from

AMEN!!!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by MitchBMW' post='772704' date='Jan 20 2009, 01:40 PM
Listen,

Deal with it!

Whatever you political inclinations, we American's should be proud of this day in our nation's history. The fact that we can choose someone so different than most to lead us is a testament in and of itself.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='772709' date='Jan 20 2009, 02:43 PM

Whatever you political inclinations, we American's should be proud of this day in our nation's history. The fact that we can choose someone so different than most to lead us is a testament in and of itself.
EXACTLY!!!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Congratulations to the USA!!!! A new dawn has arisen. The world is again excited by America's potential to be a positive influence upon it. That's been missing during most of the past 8 years. That alone is positive movement from the cause c?l?bre that was the Bush Doctrine. Obama's desire to reintroduce the importance of public works back to the citizens and connect with to the people in a very direct, real way is effective and unique to the digital age.

I have a personal plea, however. I am also a mixed-heritage African American. I am unapologetically a person of color. In spite of numerous hardships and obstacles, I have achieved a measure of personal success garnered through hard work, dedication, and perseverance. I've traveled the globe numerous times (I'm currently in Perth, Australia), and have gained first-hand opinions from a global perspective. What has dismayed me over the years had been the lack of enthusiasm and sense of personal responsibility within large swaths of the Black community. There were many who felt detached from the American experience and dream, and were entrenched with a belief that color is an impenetrable barrier. Yet, so many have found hope and a sense of belonging through the election of President Obama. His appointment transcends the black/white division so many have harbored, and has shattered the belief that skin color will forever be a limiting force to achieving the highest office on earth. My hope, my desire, is to see our community rise to the occasion and understand that the US is a far different country than it was 40 years ago. It's past time we lay down the negativity, gain personal accountability, and embrace the potential a truly unified population can achieve. Understanding that our differences are what makes us great will allow us to a chance to truly be a global beacon of hope, peace, and unity. Obama's ascension into the Presidency is but a potent example of this.

Quick Reply: Congratulations to the United States of America