Lounge How was your day? Anything goes but please keep it PG-13!

Budapest GP

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='456899' date='Aug 9 2007, 08:25 AM
Norbert Haug dimissed claims Alonso leaving McLaren.

F1 article

"Norbert Haug has dismissed claims that Alonso has been given the green light to leave the team at the end of the 2007 season. The Spanish driver joined the silver arrows in 2007 on a three-year contract. However, there has been much speculation over how happy he is at the team with his rookie team-mate continually out-performing the reigning world champion, and now the saga over the botched pitstop.

Talking to the newspaper Bild about whether he would bet on Alonso staying with the team Haug said, ?This questions did not even arise. We have a valid contract so why do I need to bet?? Haug has also denied that Ron Dennis has freed Alonso from the constraints of his contract.

Instead, Haug has implied that the media are fishing for stories. ?We have now begun the summer break so for the next three weeks it is necessary for the media to write something,? he explained. ?I know this very well and for that reason, I am calm.?
Well, Bild is our "national enquirer", never ever trust what they say.
Dennis OTH was quoted that Alonso is free to leave by other more serious newspapers.

We'll see...

I'd love to see him retire, that stupid mofo.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='456897' date='Aug 9 2007, 07:58 AM
The fact is McLaren would have punished Hamilton for not obeying their team strategy (alternating which one gets to have the extra lap of fuel at each track). Perhaps they would have changed Hamiltion's race startegy to make it less favorable, perhaps they would have given Alonso the extra lap for the next two races.

But Alonso took it upon himself, to payback the little rookie punk.

Its simple all this would have never happened if Hamilton would have followed team Quali strategy that was set up earlier in the week.
One last time, a team qualification strategy like this interferes with the results, and this is considered to be illegal.

You state correctly, McL MB would have punished Hamilton... But they couldn't after the incident. If everything would have been legal, they would have punished him.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='457108' date='Aug 9 2007, 12:19 PM
One last time, a team qualification strategy like this interferes with the results, and this is considered to be illegal.

You state correctly, McL MB would have punished Hamilton... But they couldn't after the incident. If everything would have been legal, they would have punished him.
Quali strategy is not illegal.

They were not penalized constructors points because of team orders.

They were penalized constructors points because Alonso's and the Team's stories didn't match up.

Alonso said he stayed in the pits because he was asking if he had the rights tires, the team said they were making sure there was a gap to release Alonso.

They were not penalized for team orders. Its not illegal to set a quali strategy.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know where you get your infos from, but I am done here.

Think whatever you want. I know better.

Bye.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='457182' date='Aug 9 2007, 03:11 PM

I don't know where you get your infos from, but I am done here.

Think whatever you want. I know better.

Bye.
F1 article:

"The explanation given by Alonso as to why at the expiration of the 20 second period he remained in his pit stop position for a further 10 seconds is not accepted. The Stewards find that he unnecessarily impeded another driver, Hamilton, and as a result he will be penalised by a loss of 5 grid positions.

The explanation given by the team as to why they kept Alonso stationary for 20 seconds after completion of his tyre change and therefore delayed Hamilton's own pit stop is not accepted.

The actions of the team in the final minutes of Qualifying are considered prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally. The penalty to be applied is that such points (if any) in the 2007 Formula One Constructors Championship as accrue to the team as a result of their participation in the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix wilt be withdrawn."

McLaren would not have been penalized constructors points if they would have gotten their stories straight.

They did not get penalized for team orders, telling Hamilton to let Alonso by. That is not illegal. That was their quali strategy that was set well in advance of the weekend. Alonso had the extra fuel and needed to be in front to get an extra lap.

In the same article it says McLaren held a briefing in which Hamilton accepted that he should have waved Alonso by. He knows he is a rookie and should be listening to his team. Period.

I don't know what else to say.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='457137' date='Aug 10 2007, 04:38 AM
Quali strategy is not illegal.

They were not penalized constructors points because of team orders.

They were penalized constructors points because Alonso's and the Team's stories didn't match up.

Alonso said he stayed in the pits because he was asking if he had the rights tires, the team said they were making sure there was a gap to release Alonso.

They were not penalized for team orders. Its not illegal to set a quali strategy.
Haha lol!!! I dont thing so Alonso, rights tires my ass:thumbsdown:
he a pro driver or not, I think after so many year of driving he 100% knows what tires he has got on his car and it dose not take that long to ask, have I got the rights tires.
just making storys up, no pro at all.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='457244' date='Aug 9 2007, 06:55 PM
Haha lol!!! I dont thing so Alonso, rights tires my ass:thumbsdown:
he a pro driver or not, I think after so many year of driving he 100% knows what tires he has got on his car and it dose not take that long to ask, have I got the rights tires.
just making storys up, no pro at all.

Thats what the stewards said also, thats why he got penalized.
Old 08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='457210' date='Aug 10 2007, 01:41 AM
The actions of the team in the final minutes of Qualifying are considered prejudicial to the interests of the competition and to the interests of motor sport generally. The penalty to be applied is that such points (if any) in the 2007 Formula One Constructors Championship as accrue to the team as a result of their participation in the 2007 Hungarian Grand Prix wilt be withdrawn."
This is very clear!
McL MB acted against the code and gets a penalty. Not for making up storys or so. It is for the order, for which this is the result.

Read AND UNDERSTAND!

*end*
Old 08-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='455350
1. Team orders are illegal, why should he follow it?
Originally Posted by Iceman' post='455471' date='Aug 5 2007, 03:19 AM
McL MB got penalized for the team order that Hamilton didn't follow. If he would have followed the order he would have been penalized too.
That's not a strategy we're talking about here, it is a team order!
It's clearly written down in FIA's rules!

Ice my whole argument with you is you say its illegal to tell Hamilton to let Alonso pass at the beginning of Q3.

I told you time and time again, its not illegal, its part of their Quali strategy. You are flat out WRONG!

I posted this argument on my F1 forum I am a member of. Asking, if telling Hamilton to let Alonso pass at the beginning of Q3 is illegal team orders.

Well you know what, not one person that responded said it was illegal team orders.

"The Formula One Rulebook distinguishes between practice, qualifying and the race. Rule 147 says, team orders which interfere with the race result will be prohibited, so there is nothing to stop team orders in qualifying; practice and qualifying are totally separate entities."

Letting Alonso by does not hurt Hamilton's chance at pole, if anything it helps him by putting him in pit sequence with his teammate Alonso.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. OK

Hamilton should have listened (he was actually ordered up to 6 times to let Alonso pass, but ignored them), this Quali screw-up would have never happened if Hamilton would have done his job as told.

END

p.s. Mclaren did not get penalized for the team order Hamilton did not follow. Its clear, look at all the articles. What they got penalized for was their actions in the final minutes of Quali, which Alonso had a lot to do with.
Old 08-11-2007, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='457765' date='Aug 12 2007, 07:02 AM
Ice my whole argument with you is you say its illegal to tell Hamilton to let Alonso pass at the beginning of Q3.

I told you time and time again, its not illegal, its part of their Quali strategy. You are flat out WRONG!

I posted this argument on my F1 forum I am a member of. Asking, if telling Hamilton to let Alonso pass at the beginning of Q3 is illegal team orders.

Well you know what, not one person that responded said it was illegal team orders.

"The Formula One Rulebook distinguishes between practice, qualifying and the race. Rule 147 says, team orders which interfere with the race result will be prohibited, so there is nothing to stop team orders in qualifying; practice and qualifying are totally separate entities."

Letting Alonso by does not hurt Hamilton's chance at pole, if anything it helps him by putting him in pit sequence with his teammate Alonso.

IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. OK

Hamilton should have listened (he was actually ordered up to 6 times to let Alonso pass, but ignored them), this Quali screw-up would have never happened if Hamilton would have done his job as told.

END

p.s. Mclaren did not get penalized for the team order Hamilton did not follow. Its clear, look at all the articles. What they got penalized for was their actions in the final minutes of Quali, which Alonso had a lot to do with.
how about a like to the F1 forum site about this.

Quick Reply: Budapest GP