Frequently Asked Questions Feel free to add to our FAQ answers or contribute new questions.

What is European Delivery?

Old 08-05-2004, 04:37 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW
Thumbs up

What is European Delivery?

European Delivery is a program BMW established which allows customers to take delivery of their new BMW in Munich, Germany. Not only does it include a signifigant cost savings but you get to drive your new BMW on twisty German roads and the Autobahn! Many new buyers fear this program however there is nothing to fear. Insurance and shipping costs are included in the cars purchase price. If you damage your new BMW during European Delivery it will be repaired before you receive it back in the United States. We would highly recommend that every BMW buyer atleast consider this program. It makes for an excellent family vacation too!

If you have any additions or comments please post them below for other forum members and web site visitors to read.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d black on black sport seats, shadow line rear and side sunshades, sport wheel, brushed aluminium interior trim, sunroof, ......

Hello all,

I used to live in Los angeles and when i finished school and was time for me to go back home (Tunisia, North Afrcia) I wanted to buy an E60 525 with US spec and then considered a european delivery.

The problem was that european delivery doesnt mean that u can take ur car there and leave they make you sign a letter stating that you will bring it back in less then 3 months

My problem is that i wanted a us car delivered in europe and I would have drove it south to italy and took a feery to north africa (just how my uncle did back in the 70's when he brought his MB with US specs) yes we are UCLA alums in the family.

anyhow the european delivery is a great family vacation but it doesnt mean that u can keep the car in europe or take anywhere u want.

I ended up ordering my car from BMW of Tunisia and had it delivered there (525d 2004 E60)
Old 04-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hedikmn' date='Apr 5 2005, 02:12 PM
Hello all,

I used to live in Los angeles and when i finished school and was time for me to go back home (Tunisia, North Afrcia) I wanted to buy an E60 525 with US spec and then considered a european delivery.

The problem was that european delivery doesnt mean that u can take ur car there and leave they make you sign a letter stating that you will bring it back in less then 3 months

My problem is that i wanted a us car delivered in europe and I would have drove it south? to italy and took a feery to north africa (just how my uncle did back in the 70's when he brought his MB with US specs) yes we are UCLA alums in the family.

anyhow the european delivery is a great family vacation but it doesnt mean that u can keep the car in europe or take anywhere u want.

I ended up ordering my car from BMW of Tunisia and had it delivered there (525d 2004 E60)
[snapback]111553[/snapback]

Yes, European Delivery is a program run by BMW of North America for US Customers.

Lots of info here

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/

And the bimmerfest board
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Old 04-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

One downside to ED. Cars are given a lower priority once they hit port. I you order a car is the US, and take delivery in the US, the care gets a priority 1. It takes about 5 days from port to truck. The lower priority of ED cars makes it about a 20 day wait. No first hand experience, but I was told this from several sources.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:49 AM
One downside to ED.? Cars are given a lower priority once they hit port.? I you order a car is the US, and take delivery in the US, the care gets a priority 1.? It takes about 5 days from port to truck.? The lower priority of ED cars makes it about a 20 day wait.? No first hand experience, but I was told this from several sources.
[snapback]121402[/snapback]
That you will be pleased to know is a crock of sh!t. Sounds like dealer BS to avoid the additional paperwork for ED. Actually ED cars get priority 1. BMW has no control over shipping times. They are inspected by customs for drugs and diamonds and cash all that and then once they get to VPC they are priority one.

If you buy a car of the lot you will see that the consignee is the dealer on the sticker. If you order it, you will see your name on the sticker. Customer (end user) cars are priority. ED is still a US car ordered in the US. It just takes a brief stop to meet its owner in Europe before coming home.

My car was was delivered to me after the customs tightened up inspections. It was at my dealer 10 days from ship landing and 3 of those days were added at VPC because BMW wanted to change out a RIM and tire that I had dinged in Florence. Thank you BMW.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:44 PM
[quote name='LuvE60' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:49 AM']One downside to ED.? Cars are given a lower priority once they hit port.? I you order a car is the US, and take delivery in the US, the care gets a priority 1.? It takes about 5 days from port to truck.? The lower priority of ED cars makes it about a 20 day wait.? No first hand experience, but I was told this from several sources.
[snapback]121402[/snapback]
That you will be pleased to know is a crock of sh!t. Sounds like dealer BS to avoid the additional paperwork for ED. Actually ED cars get priority 1. BMW has no control over shipping times. They are inspected by customs for drugs and diamonds and cash all that and then once they get to VPC they are priority one.

If you buy a car of the lot you will see that the consignee is the dealer on the sticker. If you order it, you will see your name on the sticker. Customer (end user) cars are priority. ED is still a US car ordered in the US. It just takes a brief stop to meet its owner in Europe before coming home.

My car was was delivered to me after the customs tightened up inspections. It was at my dealer 10 days from ship landing and 3 of those days were added at VPC because BMW wanted to change out a RIM and tire that I had dinged in Florence. Thank you BMW.
[snapback]121742[/snapback]
[/quote]

Exactly....most of the holds up with ED re-delivery is customs clearance and minor repairs.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

just curious,, what is inclusive to ed delivery...eg.. flight ,hotels??
Old 04-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ericdbs' date='Apr 29 2005, 10:22 AM
just curious,, what is inclusive to ed delivery...eg.. flight ,hotels??
[snapback]121923[/snapback]
Lots of info here

http://www.bmwusa.com/bmwexperience/EuropeanDelivery/

And the bimmerfest board
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25