Another shameful recall by BMW

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by usmabmass
OHMYGOD TOTALLY U SHULD SELL UR BWMA ND BY ADUI OR MERCEDES AND LEEVE THIS FORUM AMIRITE

I don't think he owns or has ever owned a BMW, he probably drives an 86 Yugo
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

This guy is a fucking joke...
Old 03-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had 2 BMW's. The first one was a 1997 E39 523i, and the second one is an 2004 E60 530i, and I enjoy driving it. But guess what? Both of my cars have had constant sick repair costs, whereas a 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 belonging to one of my friends requires no costs at all and is rock solid. That's why I say that BMW isn't in the same league with Mercedes-Benz as far as quality matters, because I'm sure that the "highest quality" BMW is far inferior to the lowest quality Merc (if you can find one, of course). And that's my opinion.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by BMW The Best
I've had 2 BMW's. The first one was a 1997 E39 523i, and the second one is an 2004 E60 530i, and I enjoy driving it. But guess what? Both of my cars have had constant sick repair costs, whereas a 1998 Mercedes-Benz E320 belonging to one of my friends requires no costs at all and is rock solid.
Wow, that's some extensive research, especially with the huge sample group of no less than three cars you've managed to include. Now you've convinced us all I suggest you go back to your Panamera vs M5 thread and enlighten us some more with your thoughtful and intelligent remarks.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Theo
Wow, that's some extensive research, especially with the huge sample group of no less than three cars you've managed to include. Now you've convinced us all I suggest you go back to your Panamera vs M5 thread and enlighten us some more with your thoughtful and intelligent remarks.
No need for irony. I just expressed my opinion. If you have any evidence proving the opposite, I'd be glad to see it (but I'm more than sure that you won't be able to give any evidence, because BMW heavily loses to Mercedes-Benz in nearly all surveys in terms of reliability).
Old 03-31-2012, 01:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by BMW The Best
I just expressed my opinion. If you have any evidence proving the opposite, I'd be glad to see it (...).
Really, making a statement and placing the burden of proof on the other. I sure don't hope you weren't involved in structuring the Armenian judicial system if that's your line of reasoning.

Again, feel free to return to the Panamera discussion. Or leave. Or set up a vastly expanded reliability survey with four cars...
Old 03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Carbon Black

My 1998 540i Touring was awesome - never had to do anything besides standard fluid changes, except for a radiator hose that got old and cracked. i owned that car between 90k and 180k miles. therefore... ALL E39's ARE ROCK SOLID AND YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

on the other hand, my 93 VW Passat (god rest her soul) had lights go out, fuel gauge quit working, exhaust rusted through, brake lines failed, etc. therefore, VW AND BY EXTENSION AUDI ARE TERRIBLE AND HAVE POOR QUALITY
Old 03-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Banned

Here's the evidence to make you accept the bitter truth for you:
http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor...216-1tacf.html
BMW's quality is far lower than even the industry average. Look where Mercedes-Benz is and get silent. Even Audi has better quality than BMW. My opinion is supported by clear facts unlike your subjective viewpoints.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Carbon Black

lol. wow, that WAS bitter. even more bitter for me was trying to make myself believe that a survey constitutes a fact. here's another survey that claims the BMW 3-series is the most reliable car made: http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/2008...-survey/29231/

anyways, you can complain all you want to about the car you (claim to) own. i am happy with my BMW, and most people here are happy with theirs. you seem hell bent on trying to get people to be unhappy with theirs, and it just makes you look like a troll. so..... go away or try to post something without an obvious agenda
Old 04-01-2012, 06:26 AM
Contributors

OMG ... I just caught up with this thread and am sooooo distraught I'm going to rush out, give both my BMWs away, and buy a
Attached Thumbnails Another shameful recall by BMW-red-wagon.jpg  

Quick Reply: Another shameful recall by BMW