F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Ok Rudy, TIMES UP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

^SFBimmer, thank you for sharing your thoughts briefly...seems the likes and dislikes continue to be the same across the board (for the most part)....
Old 12-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

If I'm not mistaken, the exhaust system on the M-Sport is exactly the same as in the regular F10 model so it's no wonder they sound the same. One could always go aftermarket however to improve the "musicality."
Old 12-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
If I'm not mistaken, the exhaust system on the M-Sport is exactly the same as in the regular F10 model so it's no wonder they sound the same. One could always go aftermarket however to improve the "musicality."
pete, I think SFBimmer was referring to the e60 550i msport exhaust note(his previous 5series) vs. the f10 550i msport exhaust note...I could be wrong tho...

***the "lack of exhaust note" could be summed up or tied to the quieter/improved cabin
Old 12-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SFBimmer
  • Less Ultimate Driving Machine road feel
Are you comparing apples with apples? like did both cars have active steering? did both cars have the same suspension? did both cars have the same tire size - pls remember, 19" on a e60 is equivalent to the 20" of a f10.

I have owned a numer of e60/e61 in teh past five years and virtually ordered my car with no testdrive (well drove a car for 10 mins, but wrong engine, wrong suspesnion, no active steering, no sportsautomatic, wrong wheels etc...). I now have my f10 (https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...ket-20-wheels/) for the last 3 weeks and can confirm that the car really handles as good as a the e60 - the only difference is that the car is very very quiet inside and you really don't notice the speed and the acceleration (straights aswell as cornering).. Otherwise, here some points i have noticed on my car:

Top:
+ Navi Prof: amazing big display. Big wow
+ the ambiance inside the car is so luxarious
+ sportautomatik: when using the paddle shifters, the reaction time is so good, better than the SAT on the lci e60
+ m-suspension + 20": exactly how a car should feel and drive
+ consumption: amazing consumption. at something like 80-90mph over 300 miles, i got 43 mpg uk or 36 US mpg.
+ hifi professional: whether paul potts oder black eyes peas; the sound is very very pleasand and decent
+ very quiet noise level inside

Flop:
- the auto dimming mirrors dimm much too dark. if you order this option, a blind spot deteciotn is a must have
- the comfort seats are not as comfy as the comfort seats from teh e60. but i would defintiely order the option again simply because i like the adjustable side bolsters.
- no spare tire on the car. WHY?????
- the trims are very very soft. the belt hit the trim (which can happen when you open the belt too quickly) and now it is alreayd has scratches.
- rear has less space than on the e60.
- cruise control requires you to press 1 button first to turn it on, and then press another button to set the speed. Far too complicated compared to the e60 where you just pulled on the cruise control

Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-14-2010, 05:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by rsyed
I have owned a numer of e60/e61 in teh past five years and virtually ordered my car with no testdrive (well drove a car for 10 mins, but wrong engine, wrong suspesnion, no active steering, no sportsautomatic, wrong wheels etc...). I now have my f10 (https://5series.net/forums/topic/106...ket-20-wheels/) for the last 3 weeks and can confirm that the car really handles as good as a the e60 - the only difference is that the car is very very quiet inside and you really don't notice the speed and the acceleration (straights aswell as cornering).. Otherwise, here some points i have noticed on my car:
I picked up F10 550i xDrive M-sport yesterday and drove for about 30 miles on twisty roads and highway. I agree the handling in sport mode as good as e60. I did not feel any difference. My only complaint so far is lighter steering at low speeds.
My favorite features are engine and transmission. This car feels much faster than my 2008 550i.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Petes550i
What are you talking about? ....Rudy OWNS a F10...if you didn't know.

BTW, I think you guys need to leave Rudy alone. If you do a search, he did post some favorable but brief comments about his F10 shortly after taking delivery. If he feels more comfortable about going into specifics, he'll do it in his own time.

But if you can't wait, go to a dealership, take a test drive, and see for yourself.
Testy huh Pete, lo..

I think they know he owns it, but if you DIDNT know, Rudy actually writes up HUGE (to say the least) reviews on soup to nuts about the current car he has. So as we all know Rudy very well and were practically family, he actually likes when we "nag" him about this stuff. Do you wanna know how I know?? huh?? I just know, lol.
He will write it up when hes ready, but were gently nudgeing him so he moves it along a little bit Trust me he likes to be nudged, lol.

Rudy
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

How could the rear have less space on the F10 then the E60? I thought the F10 was longer and wider than the E60!

Are you comparing apples with apples? like did both cars have active steering? did both cars have the same suspension? did both cars have the same tire size - pls remember, 19" on a e60 is equivalent to the 20" of a f10.

Top:
+ Navi Prof: amazing big display. Big wow
+ the ambiance inside the car is so luxarious
+ sportautomatik: when using the paddle shifters, the reaction time is so good, better than the SAT on the lci e60
+ m-suspension + 20": exactly how a car should feel and drive
+ consumption: amazing consumption. at something like 80-90mph over 300 miles, i got 43 mpg uk or 36 US mpg.
+ hifi professional: whether paul potts oder black eyes peas; the sound is very very pleasand and decent
+ very quiet noise level inside

Flop:
- the auto dimming mirrors dimm much too dark. if you order this option, a blind spot deteciotn is a must have
- the comfort seats are not as comfy as the comfort seats from teh e60. but i would defintiely order the option again simply because i like the adjustable side bolsters.
- no spare tire on the car. WHY?????
- the trims are very very soft. the belt hit the trim (which can happen when you open the belt too quickly) and now it is alreayd has scratches.
- rear has less space than on the e60.
- cruise control requires you to press 1 button first to turn it on, and then press another button to set the speed. Far too complicated compared to the e60 where you just pulled on the cruise control

Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by geobmw
I picked up F10 550i xDrive M-sport yesterday and drove for about 30 miles on twisty roads and highway. I agree the handling in sport mode as good as e60. I did not feel any difference. My only complaint so far is lighter steering at low speeds.
My favorite features are engine and transmission. This car feels much faster than my 2008 550i.
To be fair - if you had the active steering on the e60 (can't tell from your signature) and active steering on the f10 (which you definitely ddon't have because of your x-drive), you would agree with me that the steering gives you the same feeling.

Another point: wheels/tires are part of the suspension so a fair comparision would mean that you either had 18" on your e60 with 19" on your f10 or 19" on your e60 with 20" on your f10..

Originally Posted by Moopai
How could the rear have less space on the F10 then the E60? I thought the F10 was longer and wider than the E60!
I think because the comfort seats have grown from the e60 there seems to be slightly less space for the rear passengers.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i M-Sport xDrive
Model Year: 2017

To be fair - if you had the active steering on the e60 (can't tell from your signature) and active steering on the f10 (which you definitely ddon't have because of your x-drive), you would agree with me that the steering gives you the same feeling.
My e60 does not have active steering. Steering is definetely lighter at low speed, for example, when maneuvering around parking lots. I agree with you that the steering feel is the same at higher speeds.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
pete, I think SFBimmer was referring to the e60 550i msport exhaust note(his previous 5series) vs. the f10 550i msport exhaust note...I could be wrong tho...

***the "lack of exhaust note" could be summed up or tied to the quieter/improved cabin
Correct.....our current 2008 550i has a slight exhaust "growl" especially in the higher RPM range however the new 550i M Sport has the same exhaust as the standard 550i. Also agree that the cabin is much improved and I had no idea how much nicer the Anthracite Headliner makes the cabin look/feel vs. the standard gray.

Quick Reply: Ok Rudy, TIMES UP!