F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

Ok Rudy, TIMES UP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Not sure Rudy is going to take the bait here folks. He has stayed away from this debate and I think he realizes that just about anything he writes will surely be used immediately by both sides to further a debate which is rather pointless. The F10 is here and appears to be selling well. You either like the F10 or you don't but ultimately sales will tell the tale of whether BMW's subtle change in direction is the right one...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Doing my best everyone...Christmas is getting in the way a bit but boy do I have a ton of notes!!

I will say, however, that I agree that whatever I end up writing, it won't likely solve the argument about the performance differences between the F10 and the E60. I'll do my best to explain what I'm feeling as I drive the new car but the bottom line is that the cars do feel different. The problem is that some folks will like the new feel and some will not...

Keep in mind that I didn't say the cars "perform" very differently, I said they "feel" differently.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Rudy
...but boy do I have a ton of notes!
...but the bottom line is that the cars do feel different.
Just take your time.

Have you noticed that the centre vents are noicy when pushing out warm air?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:26 AM
Contributors

Doing my best everyone...Christmas is getting in the way a bit but boy do I have a ton of notes!!

I will say, however, that I agree that whatever I end up writing, it won't likely solve the argument about the performance differences between the F10 and the E60. I'll do my best to explain what I'm feeling as I drive the new car but the bottom line is that the cars do feel different. The problem is that some folks will like the new feel and some will not...

Keep in mind that I didn't say the cars "perform" very differently, I said they "feel" differently.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Everybody HUSH, Rudy's back
Old 12-14-2010, 02:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

I knew you'd chime in Rudy
Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think you should just travel the country and let every member test drive your car and decide for themselves, dude

So, the most important question I have regarding the car: DOES IT PULL TO THE RIGHT?
Old 12-15-2010, 02:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Just take your time.

On a few occasions, I've noticed some high-frequency sounds coming from the dashboard vents. After I cycle through the options, it tends to go away, but sometimes it takes a few tries.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Ricracing
Just take your time.

No. They are silent no matter what temperature the air is and no matter what air diffusion mode I select with the thumbwheel.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
I think you should just travel the country and let every member test drive your car and decide for themselves, dude

So, the most important question I have regarding the car: DOES IT PULL TO THE RIGHT?
No pulling to the right -- everything is tracking straight and true.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Sport, Premium, Nav, Sat. Radio, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade.

Originally Posted by Petes550i
What are you talking about? ....Rudy OWNS a F10...if you didn't know.

BTW, I think you guys need to leave Rudy alone. If you do a search, he did post some favorable but brief comments about his F10 shortly after taking delivery. If he feels more comfortable about going into specifics, he'll do it in his own time.

But if you can't wait, go to a dealership, take a test drive, and see for yourself.
Pete, you really need to get over your F10 insecurities. I'm not new to the forum and drove the F10 550i before it was released for sale. I agree with Car and Drive's review of the F10. It lacks the traditional BMW spirit and soul that substantiated the "The Ultimate Driving Machine" label and praises that were bestowed on the e39 and e60. Does that mean the F10 is not a great car? Absolutely not. Is it different from what most BMW enthusiasts expect from a 5er? Probably so.

Quick Reply: Ok Rudy, TIMES UP!