F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

F11 For USA?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530xiT Sport with SMG

Originally Posted by ipp
I would recommend the E-class Estate... Surprise, surprise... I'm very satisfied with the car, even though I've had two E61 in a row I'm not regretting leaving BMW for a while now. From what I've read the E-class wagon will come to the US as E350 4matic, with the direct injected 292hp engine this summer.
Yeah? The new E-class design is definitely more avant-guarde in the way the E60 was for BMW. It redefined the MB image for me.
How does their computer control system fare vs. the iDrive?
Does the tailgate window pull up like the E61?
Any hybrid-version on the radar??
Old 02-03-2010, 02:18 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by cyril
Yeah? The new E-class design is definitely more avant-guarde in the way the E60 was for BMW. It redefined the MB image for me.
How does their computer control system fare vs. the iDrive?
Does the tailgate window pull up like the E61?
Any hybrid-version on the radar??
There is a E400 Hybrid in the pipe "...in a couple of years from now" don't know if it's going to ba available as a wagon. It's the E350 CGI engine with a 20kW electric engine, same drive train as the S400 Hybrid. The COMMAND is light years better than the iDrive I was used to in the E61. Linguatronic (voice recognition) is working flawlessly and is actually useful. Navigation is better, only thing I liked better in the E61 was the phone book. And the tailgate window does not pull up like the E61, which I miss. The auto tailgate is better, you can maneuver it as a regular tailgate when you hold the handle pressed.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:04 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530xiT, 1964 MBZ 220SEb Coupe, 1986 MBZ 300E and a 1997 Jeep Cherokee as my cottage car. Previous rides started with a 1947 Studebaker Commander convertible and included numerous Fords, VWs, MBZs, Saabs and, for added measure, a '61 Buick Special Wagon and Pontiac GTO.

Originally Posted by ipp
There is a E400 Hybrid in the pipe "...in a couple of years from now" don't know if it's going to ba available as a wagon. It's the E350 CGI engine with a 20kW electric engine, same drive train as the S400 Hybrid. The COMMAND is light years better than the iDrive I was used to in the E61. Linguatronic (voice recognition) is working flawlessly and is actually useful. Navigation is better, only thing I liked better in the E61 was the phone book. And the tailgate window does not pull up like the E61, which I miss. The auto tailgate is better, you can maneuver it as a regular tailgate when you hold the handle pressed.
Hello,
Can the European E-Class be fitted with a tow bar? Here in the US, fitting one seems to be an impossibility with the service manager at our local MB dealer telling me that the installation of a trailer hitch on any of their new vehicles other than the ML, GLK and their new smaller truck/SUV would negate the vehicle's warranty. Additionally, unlike the E61, there appear to be no after-market units available for any recent MB wagons.
As an aside, our '86 300E and M61 both do an excellent job towing small trailers.
Al T.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
TMQ
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Silver/Black/Light Wood, ZPP, ZCW, STEP, Comfort Seat, Heated Rear Seat, PDC, Xenon, Nav, iPod. 35% ceramic tint, VentureShield clear bra.

If BMW offered 528iT and 535iT, the wagons would have sold better, but probably not a lot better.

U.S. buyers just do not like wagons in general.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:12 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by Al T.
Hello,
Can the European E-Class be fitted with a tow bar?

Al T.
Yepp, I have a really cool one, just by pressing a button the hook folds out in less than a second. It's factory ordered. Both Mercedes and BMW are using the same method.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bigbadbull
I'm willing to be his order gets canceled....

As has been stated, the factory closed Dec 24th then reopened about 2 weeks later and started retooling for the F10.

I'm betting that the dealer found one that was similar to what the buyer wanted that was already build and waiting in holding, with how slow they have been selling it would not shock me if this was the case
The E61 is still manufactured in Dingolfing at the moment!

Look at the second picture in this thread:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/934...ctures-of-f10/
Old 02-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Members

Interesting indeed. That sure does look like a 5 Touring in that picture. However, it could also mean that they are only still building cars that had been ordered prior to a certain date; ie you could not walk into a dealership and order a new 2010 today.

Its tough to say what the truth is. All I can say is that if you went into Pentagon Car sales in Germany (selling US Spec cars to US military) and asked to order a 2010 5 Touring, they would tell you it was not possible. Google "BMW Military Care Sales Germany" and you will see that there is not a 5 Touring anywhere. There is only one; and it is sold. Its sitting behind the dealership in Kaiserslautern. It is beautiful. I saw it. I am jealous of the SOB who bought it and am kicking myself for not getting in the game sooner.

Thanks for nothing BWM. I hope you choke on the GT!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:48 AM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d Touring Imperial Blue, sports automatic, VDC, black leather sports seats, M Sport steering wheel, HiFi Professional, 18" 328 wheels, Xenon, PCD, electrical tow hitch etc... E87 120dM -10, Titanium silver, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. E87 120d M sport- 08, Le Mans blue, xenon, PDC, Hifi, 18" wheels etc. Sold: BMW 525dT Deep sea blue, xenon, PDC, leather, Hifi, USB etc.

Originally Posted by Stu3
Interesting indeed. That sure does look like a 5 Touring in that picture. However, it could also mean that they are only still building cars that had been ordered prior to a certain date; ie you could not walk into a dealership and order a new 2010 today.

Its tough to say what the truth is. All I can say is that if you went into Pentagon Car sales in Germany (selling US Spec cars to US military) and asked to order a 2010 5 Touring, they would tell you it was not possible. Google "BMW Military Care Sales Germany" and you will see that there is not a 5 Touring anywhere. There is only one; and it is sold. Its sitting behind the dealership in Kaiserslautern. It is beautiful. I saw it. I am jealous of the SOB who bought it and am kicking myself for not getting in the game sooner.

Thanks for nothing BWM. I hope you choke on the GT!
I was considering ordering an E61 and was told that they will be produced in Dingolfing until this summer. They will close down the plant during the summer vacation period to set up the F11 production. The F11 will premiere in September and the production will of course start before that.

Well I changed my mind and I am now waiting to be able to order a 525dT F11!
Old 02-13-2010, 03:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

The SM at the local dealership told me today that E61 production was extended to April 2010. Original cut off was to be Dec 24, 2009 but AG decided to extend production to fill in some of the gap between the end of the E61 and the introduction of the F11.

He also confirmed no F11 for NA and potentially no F31 (next generation 3 series touring).

I guess we willbe lining up for the 3 and 5 series GT if BMW NA has its way.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Members

Does this mean they are taking new orders for US spec E61s or just filling orders for other markets (ie Germany, France, UK etc)?

Quick Reply: F11 For USA?