F10 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the F10 5 Series. The F10 made it's debut in 2010 as a MY2011.

The F10 is less sporty than the E60 because.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Petes550i
...exactly!

But the haters have nothing constructive to say so they nitpick and bitch and moan about a car they don't own and never intend to....but they take great pleasure out it. Go figure.
some non f10 owners actually "bitch and moan" because they do not choose to spend their money on the f10 and share their reasoning behind it..

some f10 owners like to gloat and make condescending remarks to those not driving an f10, and take pleasure in it, go figure

those that live in glass houses.....
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

I'm talking about the luxury car buyer market, not the general population. The upper class in China and India are some of the richest people on the face of the globe and that segment is rapidly growing....more so than in America. Just like North America, they WANT more luxury, room, and features. However, because of the poor roads and traffic over there, they're aren't nuts over sport like we are over here.
So if they are as wealthy as you stated, then why do you (or BMW as per your opinion) think they want the F10 and not the F01, which is BMW's flagship?? Better yet, why not buy a RR or a Maybach if luxury what is truly desired and cost isn't an issue??

Poor roads and traffic will hem up ANY type of car.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
some non f10 owners actually "bitch and moan" because they do not choose to spend their money on the f10 and share their reasoning behind it..

some f10 owners like to gloat and make condescending remarks to those not driving an f10, and take pleasure in it, go figure

those that live in glass houses.....

...and some non-F10 owners come here because they've got nothing better to do.

...and a good-day to you sir, gene!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 BMW 550i; Dark Graphite Metalliic/Oyster, 4.4 TT V8, 8-sp AT, Sports Package, Dynamic Handling, Premium Package 2, Cold Weather Package, HUD

Originally Posted by pukka
So if they are as wealthy as you stated, then why do you (or BMW as per your opinion) think they want the F10 and not the F01, which is BMW's flagship?? Better yet, why not buy a RR or a Maybach if luxury what is truly desired and cost isn't an issue??

Poor roads and traffic will hem up ANY type of car.

....because maybe perhaps they are actually people over there who want a 5 series? ....but bigger and more luxurious?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bha7176
just sayin', not trying to argue, but what's humorous is that not all of us are on our 5th or 10th BMW either, so we have nothing else to compare to. This is only my second BMW, my first was a 330XI E46. So should I be comparing my E60 to that, and also to the F10?

And what about all the new drivers and BMW owners that come along all the time - is there opinion any less valuable than your's? I think not.

Whats really funny is that a lot of people on this site think that there's is the ONLY opinion, and that they know best. total BS
Wait, are you calling me old?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

...and some non-F10 owners come here because they've got nothing better to do.

...and a good-day to you sir, gene!

and some continue to frequent this site, the f10 in particular to hopefully find some good insight into the new model and perhaps a good discussion or two, only to find the usual suspects discussing and stating the same thing in way too many different ways to count
Old 10-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS

and some continue to frequent this site, the f10 in particular to hopefully find some good insight into the new model and perhaps a good discussion or two, only to find the usual suspects discussing and stating the same thing in way too many different ways to count

oops, replied to the wrong guy.

I agree.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

....because maybe perhaps they are actually people over there who want a 5 series? ....but bigger and more luxurious?

Pete - you're making my day go by real fast and I thank you for that

Put yourself in a filthy rich Chinese or Indian person's shoes and repeat what you just said that I've quoted.......

Does that answer make any sense????
Old 10-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

You know what, I hope I never grow to like the F10. I'm beginning to actually not like it all because of Pete. thanks for saving me money Pete.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pukka

Pete - you're making my day go by real fast and I thank you for that

Put yourself in a filthy rich Chinese or Indian person's shoes and repeat what you just said that I've quoted.......

Does that answer make any sense????

Sure it does.....you mean to tell me that there are no prior 5 series owners in China who want a bigger and more luxurious new model this time around?

Now you're making me laugh..

Quick Reply: The F10 is less sporty than the E60 because.....